• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Redskins @ Rams

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't he changing the game in Cincinnati? They just fired their OC? Why would it be different here? Is it possible we were scared off by the video?

Just reviewed the video and it wasn't Watt but Clowney that he carried. Here's his game video see for yourself. Dude doesn't have good vision but great vision and gets every inch that's there and then some.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, Cincy has too many top notch RB's on their roster right now. He's the rookie, Hill and Bernard are young veteran ballers who are gobbling up most of the PT there although Mixon still gets some touches in spots. Next year one of them Hill/Bernard will likely be playing elsewhere. We should keep an eye on what Cincy does with these guys.

He would be different here because he would be the unquestioned starter. I don't know if you watched the game last night but there were a couple of plays that were eye opening. One where he was hemmed in by several players escaped and turned it into a 6 yard gain. The other in the full grasp (arms fully wrapped around him grasp) of JJ Watt, (yeah that guy!!) he dragged/carried him for another 3-4 yards on his back.

The video scared off too many IMHO because this is football and not a visit to the Vatican. Think about what it says that this guy would have been one of the first two or three guys taken in this draft had that video not been out there. BTW: Bruce Allen is the last person in this organization who judges somebody based on public perception.

Hill and Bernard are doing crap too though and their OC just got fired...after two games. I agree Hill is likely gone.

I really wasn't impressed by him carrying Clooney. I can carry 280 on my back...I would never get him on my back though because I would get killed before that.

I agree the video is made too much of. He suffered his punishment and I am not sure what the surrounding story was. I would also like to know what he does in his free time because that would influence any decision I have on taking him.

I actually like Mixon BTW. He just hasn't done anything to this point to support us wanting him here.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, Cincy has too many top notch RB's on their roster right now. He's the rookie, Hill and Bernard are young veteran ballers who are gobbling up most of the PT there although Mixon still gets some touches in spots. Next year one of them Hill/Bernard will likely be playing elsewhere. We should keep an eye on what Cincy does with these guys.

He would be different here because he would be the unquestioned starter. I don't know if you watched the game last night but there were a couple of plays that were eye opening. One where he was hemmed in by several players escaped and turned it into a 6 yard gain. The other in the full grasp (arms fully wrapped around him grasp) of JJ Watt, (yeah that guy!!) he dragged/carried him for another 3-4 yards on his back.

The video scared off too many IMHO because this is football and not a visit to the Vatican. Think about what it says that this guy would have been one of the first two or three guys taken in this draft had that video not been out there. BTW: Bruce Allen is the last person in this organization who judges somebody based on public perception.

If you are elite you earn the playing time. If it isn't working like that then they need to think about replacing Marvin.

As I said earlier I expect he will do better. Maybe like Kareem Hunt in KC.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are elite you earn the playing time. If it isn't working like that then they need to think about replacing Marvin.

You know what man....Cincy's front office might not be much better than ours in that regard. They fired their OC when a lot of their offensive problems are along the offensive line itself. It is interesting to note that I can not find a staff member with the title of OL coach.

BTW: Bill Lazor takes over as OC.....remember him? (Former QB's coach here and a number of other stops.)
Marvin will likely retire soon anyway....fired or retired, either way Cincy will be in the hunt for a new HC and
staff.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin has done a good job there for a long time. Only other coach there that had a lot of success was Sam Wyche.

I do remember Lazor.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I remember him. Wasn't he with us doing Gibbs or Zorn era.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how bad our redskins are with this weekend tilt with the Rams. Now Gurly has been awfully bad lately. Will our D allow Gurly to get back on track. One other note the Rams will have Donald back. That is bad news for our OL. This will be a diffircult task for our OL. They really don't have a of talent on the back end but Wade has always had a nack of turning relatively no name def into good units.

This will be a wake up call for all of us here. The Rams do not have a talented team but they do have a hellva DC and it is here were we must be concerned the most b/c of the current display of our awful Off. We all know the ramifications of no RG. It affects the off line in pass protections etc. All of this I beleive is a lack of execution pure and simple.

With no pass rush and no penetrations on running downs is always bad news. Even the Rams Offense is very cable of having success both on the ground and by air.

We can beat the Rams if we eliminate all the 3 and outs, drop balls, no RG, TO's, bad tackling etc. Sometimes I wonder is Manusky a bad coach or is our def players simply not executing their assignments. I beleive the latter is the case.

Even though we have a difficult road ahead all we can do is hope the coaching staff and players can come through for us by during their jobs.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have a helluva a DC, I advocated for him several years ago. Many thought he was too old. I guess our FO and maybe Gruden felt the same way. Four years later he is still a top DC. He would have been worth it. Like Norv he is excellent as a coordinator, not so much as the head guy.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have a helluva a DC, I advocated for him several years ago. Many thought he was too old. I guess our FO and maybe Gruden felt the same way. Four years later he is still a top DC. He would have been worth it. Like Norv he is excellent as a coordinator, not so much as the head guy.

I am with you. I too have advocated for Wade for years saying literally the exact same thing to include comparisons. You are brilliant, at least on all subjects you agree with me.:suds::suds::suds:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5k6OVJd.jpg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, wait a minute, does he have a check mark for both teams on offense? A wash maybe? but what's more exciting...somehow our defense has swapped players with the Rams. Didn't we once do this when George Allen was the HC here?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Michael is a moron.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what man....Cincy's front office might not be much better than ours in that regard. They fired their OC when a lot of their offensive problems are along the offensive line itself. It is interesting to note that I can not find a staff member with the title of OL coach.

BTW: Bill Lazor takes over as OC.....remember him? (Former QB's coach here and a number of other stops.)
Marvin will likely retire soon anyway....fired or retired, either way Cincy will be in the hunt for a new HC and
staff.
i also brought up in the offseason that andy dalton is on his way out and gruden knows this and so does are fo so if kirk does not sign andy will be in play now is andy better then kirk???

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAMS WILL WIN THIS... RAMS 34 SKINS 11 WE CAN BE THE WORST TEAM IN FOOTBALL IN THE WORDS OF STEVE A SMITH REDSKINS ARE NOTHING

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i lost 200 SportsHoopla cash on stanford really stanford fuck you losing to S.D. State wtf damn

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go redskins , beat the rams wahoo

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about before the game ,coach, we at least give the pretense of rooting for the skins ?