• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2 Pre-Season: Bears at Giants

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season, I think that I'll try to make the game threads earlier on in the week. That way we can condense a lot of the discussion leading up to the game (predictions, game plan, injuries, etc.) into one location and then it rolls right into the action.

What do you guys want to see here in Week 2? We should get an extended look at the starters for the first time. Above all, I know we all just want them to stay healthy. We only have two more of these games left where we could lose a key player before the season even gets started. I can't wait to exhale after the pre-season Week 3 "dress rehearsal" game comes to an end. Hopefully that's what we'll be doing anyway... *knock on wood*

Beyond that, I want to see how the TE position continues to shake out and I'll have fun watching Montgomery run while simultaneously holding my breath every time he takes contact. Watching our 2nd team and fringe DT's fight for snaps in our eventual D-line rotation should continue to be interesting as well.

Oh, and getting a live look at Daniel Jones against our 1st team defense should be intriguing as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think well get to see much of the first string anything. Nagy knows who his starters are and does not want to exposed them to injury. Personally I would like to see Trubisky get reps so we don't start slow. The players I'm watching most are Wimms and shaheen. Love what Shaheen brings to the table the few games he has played and think Wimms has a breakout year. I still have no ideal on any of our drafted guys but I hear others say we got 2 maybe 3 eventual starters late in the draft. What I want to see the most is how aggressive our new DC will be, but we won't really see that until the real season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think well get to see much of the first string anything. Nagy knows who his starters are and does not want to exposed them to injury.

Well, we'll see them for at least a quarter... is what I meant.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but it will be vanilla and safe. Mostly handoffs.
Wasn’t Nagy quoted as saying that he wouldn’t mind if trunisky doesn’t throw a pass in the preseason? I wouldn’t be surprised if important players like Trubisky and Mack don’t see the field in preseason.

I’m only going to be following the kicker battle. Now that the Vikings got Vedvik, i think the bears have their future field goal kicker on the roster.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like we'll sit our starters tonight. This is unheard of in week 2 of pre-season, but I'm all for it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like we'll sit our starters tonight. This is unheard of in week 2 of pre-season, but I'm all for it.
The first Team played each other in a simulated game on Wednesday. Think I only spied 2 starters out there at the start of the game. Goldman and cant recall the other.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the kickers are neck and neck. I think it will require perfection from one of the kickers to stick with the team. If not, they will grab someone from another team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason outcomes are for the most part meaningless, especially when you don't play your starters. Remember the '85 Bears were 1-3 in the preseason. But I will say this much, we best hope that Trubisky plays all 16 games. Our backup QBs are pure shit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason outcomes are for the most part meaningless, especially when you don't play your starters. Remember the '85 Bears were 1-3 in the preseason. But I will say this much, we best hope that Trubisky plays all 16 games. Our backup QBs are pure shit.

I think it's worth re-iterating that Chase has been a solid backup each time he's been called upon throughout his career. For each team he's played for.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both kickers worry me. They're just too inconsistent. Whoever wins the job will likely be among the worst kickers in the league.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's worth re-iterating that Chase has been a solid backup each time he's been called upon throughout his career. For each team he's played for.
Agreed. You can't ask for a whole hell of a lot from your backup QB other than to not suck entirely. When you've got some teams with shitty starters even, you can't expect your backup to be all that great.