• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 Patriots vs Jaguars

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Jaguars just won the Super Bowl by the way their celebrating on the sidelines. Even the coaches are whooping it up. The Patriots won't forget in January..........
And they should they beat the Pats silly

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A painful game to watch. The defense became a sieve again and the offense was just weak as a puppy. Even the return of Edelman isn't going to solve all the offenses problem but it will help.

Boy I miss Malcom Butler. Rowe is terrible and has a huge "Throw at me" cowbell on him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a masochist and I watched the game again so I could analyze it with less emotion.

DEFENSE
1. I don't know what the game plan was but the DL had no push at all and didn't crush the pocket. The Jags OL pushed them out and Bortles literally could have run all day.
2. The safeties are a major problem. Once Chung went out, they were hardly in on any plays. When they had opportunities they blew nearly every tackle.
3. Considering Flores was switching guys constantly and making sure everyone was hydrating on the sideline, they defense should have played better.
********In my opinion*******When the Jags scored on the first two drives, this defense went intoself preservation mode because the offense wasn't doing anything. They couldn't get back into the game when the offense started moving.

OFFENSE
1. Josh McDaniels' play calling was atrocious. After the short outside passes were stopped three times, he should have crossed those plays off his sheet. Instead he kept trying the exact same thing at least ten times and not once did it give them more than 3 yards.
2. The WR on this team are S_L_O_W. They cannot separate themselves from the DBs, As a result Brady had nowhere to throw. This is where Amendola and Edelman are critical, especially when both were on the field.
3. The best play of the day was used once. Early in the game the Pats set up a perfect screen. They let the defense come through and Brady dropped a 5 yard pass to Michel. He got 23 yards and the offense perk up. They never used it again.

COACHING
1. In the fourth quarter the Patriots had a fourth and inches. They could have run several plays that would or could have given them a first down. Belichek made the decision to punt with 8 minutes remaining. The worst part is that the Jags jumped off sides and all Thuney had to do was extend his hand and the laundry would come out. I think an I formation and giving the ball to Devlin would have given then at least a foot foward.

2. Special Teams were not really in this game. The field goal miss by Ghostkowski really deflated the team right from the start. They had a couple of chances to attemp a run back but Patterson must have been told to let them bounce in the end zone. When coaches take the game away from players, they know it and it takes their desires to play away.

3. McDaniels should have run the ball and not even considered passing it for the first quarter. Even if the patriots were down 14-0 keep running the ball in 87 degree heat. Beat the shit out of the DL. Calais Campbell was playing one play per series in fourth quarter and the Jags were pretty gasses. The Pats had Nurkhead, Devlin, Michel and White and could have just pounded away. ************IN MY OPINION*********
Had they done this, the play action would have worked every time and the Jsgs would have put 8-9 in the bax to stop the run and Brady would have had a much more open bunch of WR.

It's Monday. The game is in the books. As with every Patriots team that we've seen since 2001, the team we saw yesterday will not be the same team in January.