• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2, I gotta complain about something.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some people in this thread have already pointed out, the problem is a completely inept D-Line giving teams hours to complete passes. It amazes me that people continue to call Peppers an elite player when he has huge periods of time where he can't do anything. The only guy worth a damn on the line has been Paea, and he should be the worst starter. That's not a good thing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some people in this thread have already pointed out, the problem is a completely inept D-Line giving teams hours to complete passes. It amazes me that people continue to call Peppers an elite player when he has huge periods of time where he can't do anything. The only guy worth a damn on the line has been Paea, and he should be the worst starter. That's not a good thing.

Peppers was very good last season.

He's been playing with a very bad flu the first two games without practicing. Apparently, on Sunday he was sicker than he had been for the entire illness and still played with a terrible fever. He called into The Score on Wednesday and said he feels a lot better and should be near 100% by Sunday.

I realize he's not what he was in 2010, but I still believe he will be a difference maker once he's healthy.

I have to think the only reason he played the first two weeks was to eat up double teams from opposing offenses.

The bigger concern for me, is Melton. He's healthy, and he has disappeared.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:He had 11.5 sacks last year, on one leg, while being double and even triple teamed on a high percentage of plays!?

The dude is still a freak of athletic nature.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Just curious , didn't see your prediction in the prediction thread.
Where do you see this team finishing?
And I've been told , if I'm not complaining , I'm not happy. Guess it's just my nature. But I live with it. :lol:

Yeah, I was just ribbing you a little bit. I don't mind complaining obviously if it's warranted.

Finishing, before the season I would say 9-7 with a window between 6-10 and 11-5 (little wider window than most teams). Sitting here now I'd say 10-6, mainly because a couple of their opponents look a little weaker than I anticipated.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was just ribbing you a little bit. I don't mind complaining obviously if it's warranted.

Finishing, before the season I would say 9-7 with a window between 6-10 and 11-5 (little wider window than most teams). Sitting here now I'd say 10-6, mainly because a couple of their opponents look a little weaker than I anticipated.

This always seems to be the case.

I said this before the season, and everyone thought I was nuts for saying our schedule wouldn't be as tough as it looks on the surface.

It now would appear that we're seeing the two worst divisions in each conference, the NFC East and the AFC North. The AFC East is probably worse, so I take that back, but the AFC North certainly isn't great. We beat the Bengals, and right now I'd say we SHOULD beat the other three teams. We SHOULD beat Pittsburgh, even though it will be tough. Also, since we're playing at home, I'd give us the early advantage over Baltimore. Cleveland looks like a gimme game, after the T-Rich trade and the move to Brian Hoyer at QB.

No one in the NFC East looks great. That's for sure. The first half games with Washington and New York games don't loom nearly as large as they did. We see the Giants at home on a short week, and Washington looks like a mess right now. Dallas is... well... Dallas. They look decent, but not contenders. We have them at home in December on Monday night. We go to Philly, but I'll wait to see what happens with them. I get the feeling they're heading downhill.

The two toughest games on our schedule are easily the games within our division, along with the New Orleans game. St. Louis on the road should be tough.

I don't want to sound too optimistic, but I really don't see more than five losses on this schedule.

@PIT
@DET
vs NO
vs NYG
@WAS
BYE
@GB
vs DET
vs BAL
@STL
@MIN
vs DAL
@CLE
@PHI
vs GB

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i suppose complaints are valid until you realize that this is the 2nd year for the GM and 1st year for the coach. If you look at other teams in that predicament, you will find that 2-0 vs two playoff teams from the year before is not that common.

They may seem weaker than you thought because the Bears contributed to 2 of their 3 losses. Perhaps the Bears are stronger than you thought.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic a little, but I heard on the radio that Kyle Long's nickname in the locker room is Shrek.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic a little, but I heard on the radio that Kyle Long's nickname in the locker room is Shrek.

Yeah, Martellus Bennett gave it to him in practice. I heard that on Jay Cutler show.

Bennett's quite the character. This is the most personality this team has had in a while.

Still pretty bland. Quiet coach, quiet veteran players, and a quiet QB. Even quiet WR's. Marshall never makes a scene out there. Alshon is a man of few words.

This team has been quiet for a while. Even Urlacher was a bore.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just an observation.