• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 15 Playoff push continues

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. It's totally worth it for the defense. But even if it were called 100% of the time, it's still worth it, especially if the flag is the 5 yard holding penalty.

You would need some kind of system with escalating penalties or a foul out system if you really want to punish the grabbing. And yes, WR's should be flagged too if they grab.
I do think even if you come up with a steeper enforcement position then you'd see players flopping like in soccer. Grown men acting like they've lost their leg because there was contact.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just put it this way, if that same play happened and it was in the 2nd quarter, do they call it? 100% of the time. That's what is so wrong with the NFL and its' rules, partly not their fault. They are judgement calls. Refs can make whatever call they want at any point and they won't get any punishment other than a stupid statement from the NFL. Their job isn't easy but other than cussing out players or doing something stupid their job is pretty secure.

Maybe the refs would collaborate more and really try to make the CORRECT call if they were fined for bad calls that decide games. Obviously this would never happen and it would be difficult to put that sort of discipline in place but the players make mistakes and they get fined. Why do the refs not have to take responsibility for deciding games where fans spending a lot of money to watch, more importantly, organizations invest a lot in building their team to succeed and one or two plays COULD decide their fate and their chance a significant amount more revenue. It's to the point, I truly believe a lot of NFL refs don't even know the rules, I can't blame them...the rules are subjective.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again giants seemed like the better team this time. I thought redskins were the better team when they tied. Both games had some curious calls against the redskins. These are from this week.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think even if you come up with a steeper enforcement position then you'd see players flopping like in soccer. Grown men acting like they've lost their leg because there was contact.

We already get this with QB's. WR's and DB's want in on the action.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just put it this way, if that same play happened and it was in the 2nd quarter, do they call it? 100% of the time. That's what is so wrong with the NFL and its' rules, partly not their fault. They are judgement calls. Refs can make whatever call they want at any point and they won't get any punishment other than a stupid statement from the NFL. Their job isn't easy but other than cussing out players or doing something stupid their job is pretty secure.

Maybe the refs would collaborate more and really try to make the CORRECT call if they were fined for bad calls that decide games. Obviously this would never happen and it would be difficult to put that sort of discipline in place but the players make mistakes and they get fined. Why do the refs not have to take responsibility for deciding games where fans spending a lot of money to watch, more importantly, organizations invest a lot in building their team to succeed and one or two plays COULD decide their fate and their chance a significant amount more revenue. It's to the point, I truly believe a lot of NFL refs don't even know the rules, I can't blame them...the rules are subjective.
I think your first point goes back to the mentality of "letting them play" in the final minutes of a game, which is dumb. A penalty in the 2nd quarter is a penalty in the 4th quarter, is a penalty with 30 seconds left in the game.

Again - for those who use the argument to "let the players decide the game" - when a player commits a foul they ARE deciding the game. The refs only influence the game when they see a foul/penalty and decide NOT to call it...The argument of many who say at the end of games "You just can't call that there, you have to let the players decide the game" is stupid and is a complete false narrative. I can't tell you how much this grates on me - it's even worse in basketball....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they’d have even called the penalty, it was deciding the game. Redskins still had to get the td and 2, just to tie
Right but at least they have the chance. That's the officials job, it make the correct call and not let an atrocious, obvious PI call "decide" the game bc the rest is an unknown. If they make the correct call and Washington still loses at least everyone can go back and actually talk about the game and not have to hear about the refs and the officiating. It's the worst. Make the correct call.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the was/NY reffing crew was a special kinda dumb.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the was/NY reffing crew was a special kinda dumb.
Hey, at least they had the diversity part of it covered. I’m sure one of them had to be a queer, if not they missed that I guess. My point with this statement is not to be a racist, or a homophobic, or mosignyst. My point is. They’re probably more worried about meeting those than they’re getting qualified officials

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you’re being serious. So I’ll let you have your gif fun.
I mean it was the first thing I thought of. It’s always the first thing I think of. I got a flat tire the other day. Took 30 minutes out of my day and immediately I thought, this is some fuckers political agenda! Then we went to Red Lobster and they were out of cheesy biscuits. How the fuck can you be Red Lobster and even open your doors without those biscuits? Must be some bastards political agenda. Whenever anything is off or goes wrong I always assume it’s someone’s political agenda.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Steve Harvey is a national treasure.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it was the first thing I thought of. It’s always the first thing I think of. I got a flat tire the other day. Took 30 minutes out of my day and immediately I thought, this is some fuckers political agenda! Then we went to Red Lobster and they were out of cheesy biscuits. How the fuck can you be Red Lobster and even open your doors without those biscuits? Must be some bastards political agenda. Whenever anything is off or goes wrong I always assume it’s someone’s political agenda.
I’m sorry you feel that way. :laugh3:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are done this year. LOL.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chandler Jones is an evil Genius.

Misses the tackle that would have sent them to overtime.
Patiently awaits for other team to throw the ball back to him so he can be the hero & run it back for a touchdown ending the game in victory.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chandler Jones is an evil Genius.

Misses the tackle that would have sent them to overtime.
Patiently awaits for other team to throw the ball back to him so he can be the hero & run it back for a touchdown ending the game in victory.
Not sure if to be a hero, or to get revenge on the coach who sent him to AZ