• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14: Cowboys at Bears (Thursday Night Football)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention ranked first in offense. But that just goes to show how sometimes stats can be very misleading. How can a team be #1 in offense, #8 in defense, yet only be 6-6 at that point in the season? To me that sounds like a lot of their yards in the games that they lose come in garbage time - kinda like tonite.

I agree completely.

Which also means a poorly ranked team can still be good, and erupt in December. :whistle:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gawd. This team has now convinced themselves and half of the fan-base that Mitch is worth sticking with because he played decently vs three bad D's.

This really is a nightmare season.
I thought it before the 3 bad Ds.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gawd. This team has now convinced themselves and half of the fan-base that Mitch is worth sticking with because he played decently vs three bad D's.

This really is a nightmare season.

Assuming you watched, you have to admit that Mitch using his legs adds another dimension to him that is CRITICAL to his game. He didn't shake that eery "Rex" feel though. That sense that at any moment he can produce a baffling and catastrophic turnover. But this game was way different than the Giants or Lions games.... You had to have seen that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you watched, you have to admit that Mitch using his legs adds another dimension to him that is CRITICAL to his game. He didn't shake that eery "Rex" feel though. That sense that at any moment he can produce a baffling and catastrophic turnover. But this game was way different than the Giants or Lions games.... You had to have seen that.

My moment for him came when he threw that "Damn it Rex" INT on their opening drive. My first thought was oh shit, here we go again, we're in for a loooooong night. Yet, starting from drive #2, he immediately erased that thought from my mind. Altho he had better numbers in the T-Day game against the Lions, I felt he was even in more command last night. I can't explain it, he just looked like the QB we all have been waiting for. His decisions were calculated, he read the field very well, his throws had the snap and accuracy that often have been missing in most of his other performances. By no means am I suggesting that he's arrived. Hell, he could fall apart in the game against the Packers next week for all I know. But what I do know is I liked the Mitch Trubisky that I watched against the Cowboys.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My moment for him came when he threw that "Damn it Rex" INT on their opening drive. My first thought was oh shit, here we go again, we're in for a loooooong night. Yet, starting from drive #2, he immediately erased that thought from my mind. Altho he had better numbers in the T-Day game against the Lions, I felt he was even in more command last night. I can't explain it, he just looked like the QB we all have been waiting for. His decisions were calculated, he read the field very well, his throws had the snap and accuracy that often have been missing in most of his other performances. By no means am I suggesting that he's arrived. Hell, he could fall apart in the game against the Packers next week for all I know. But what I do know is I liked the Mitch Trubisky that I watched against the Cowboys.

An interception here and there is fine if you actually score now and again....We'll see. But we all better buckle up and prepare because 2020 is going to be the Mitch/Nagy show again from the looks of it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interception here and there is fine if you actually score now and again....We'll see. But we all better buckle up and prepare because 2020 is going to be the Mitch/Nagy show again from the looks of it.
Well I don't think there's any doubt that the Bears will take his 5th year option. And with no star talent in our backup QBs, there's zero doubt that Mitch is our QB for 2020, at least to start the season. I have no idea how high in our draft spots next year that a QB will be taken. My guess is if either one of those two #2s is used on a QB, then indeed buckle up, because a QB controversy will be brewing from moment one.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think there's any doubt that the Bears will take his 5th year option. And with no star talent in our backup QBs, there's zero doubt that Mitch is our QB for 2020, at least to start the season. I have no idea how high in our draft spots next year that a QB will be taken. My guess is if either one of those two #2s is used on a QB, then indeed buckle up, because a QB controversy will be brewing from moment one.

When do they have to decide for 5th year? I'd be shocked if they took it anywhere but near the deadline.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do they have to decide for 5th year? I'd be shocked if they took it anywhere but near the deadline.
Sometime this offseason, but I have no clue as to the actual deadline.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime this offseason, but I have no clue as to the actual deadline.

This offseason for 2021?

Interesting.

I wouldn't chalk that up as a guarantee just yet.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would. Pace is all in on Trubs.

If Trubisky throws up a few sh*tbombs these next few games and we finish .500 or under...I wouldn't be sure about it...Hell...I'm not sure about if if he does "ok." 30 million for one season? We'd be a laughing stock if he continues to suck ass through 2020 and we paid him that much.

Given Chance To Earn A Huge Contract, Trubisky Has Plenty Of Motivation To Recover From Slow Start

Granted, I'm not sure about what that means for the cap if we opted into the 5th year and then cut him between 2020/2021 because he wasn't cutting it.

I guess an extension of some sort for one or two seasons for much cheaper is possible...but that would happen after such a deadline of this offseason for 2021....That's for sure.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember "Good Rex" vs "Bad Rex"?

Last night was "Good Mitch"... Except for the INT. We need a LOT more of that.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol....Dont let last nights game fool you guys.....Its gonna take rest of this season and into next aeason till I want to believe in Trubisky......

Our o-line played lights out along with the *finally) the running game of Trubisky to beat Dallas......

Its what we've all been waiting for and hasnt happened,so Im not letting rhis game get mw excited again......Seen this song and dance before.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would. Pace is all in on Trubs.

He really has no choice but to be all-in......It would suck to realize"Hey I fucked up".....

And as of right now, he has.......

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To an extent. I actually thought he was more reckless with the football in this game and was very fortunate to get away with a couple throws. Most notably the Robinson throw across his body falling over to his left into a sea of Dallas defenders. That was roughly the equivalent of a hail mary. Mitch has not earned the benefit of the doubt on those throws. Quite the contrary, in fact.

The time he scrambled right and then back left. But he STILL didn't feel the guy he literally just ran away from about to strip-sack him and he barely got the ball away. That's just bad field awareness.

I honestly thought he was better vs Detroit on Thanksgiving. The INT he threw wasn't even that bad. The INT in this game was putrid. He lived very dangerously. I have to believe a good defense makes him pay. Dallas entered that game 20th in DVOA. A bad defense.

I love the running aspect returning. Him not picking up 3rd downs with his legs, IMO, has been a key difference between this year and last year.

I was sort of being a dick with my @beardown07 response. I was happy about the game and really didn't feel like arguing about the Mitch thing.

But... it's just. The whole point of the position of QB is sustaining long-term/dependable success. Mitch has proven that he can have anomaly flare up games against bad defense. I don't see what this changes. I need to see way more.

I was laughing out loud at the Mitch apologists here acting like this was a victory lap. REALLY!? lol. Yeah, let's watch Mitch do this for like TWO SEASONS and then have that lap. This fan-base has NO IDEA what it takes for a guy to prove he's a franchise QB. It's multiple YEARS of consistency. Not two weeks. Christ.

Really a good performance by Mitch but you can't claim victory for Mitch being a franchise QB after the past two games. After he was dog shit for 11. That logic is ass backwards. That goes for @noonthirtyjoe as well

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol....Dont let last nights game fool you guys.....Its gonna take rest of this season and into next aeason till I want to believe in Trubisky......

Our o-line played lights out along with the *finally) the running game of Trubisky to beat Dallas......

Its what we've all been waiting for and hasnt happened,so Im not letting rhis game get mw excited again......Seen this song and dance before.......

Correct. We would not only have to win out and get in the playoffs. But Mitch would have to be at the center of why we did that. Only way I could see him redeeming himself for what he did to this team the first 11 games.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for Da Bearssss against a tough opponent. Altho it technically went down to the end, our guys had control for pretty much all of the game, at least after that initial TD drive by Dallas to start it. The defense played fast and hit hard. My hope was they'd keep Zeke in check and for the most part they did just that.

It might be too little/too late for this year, but it's good to see the Bears not mail the season in after an incredibly poor first half of the season. Nice game by Trubisky, who may finally be coming around. About time that they got him directly involved in the running game, which in turn helps him with his passing game. He had that bad INT in their first drive, but was really solid from that point forward. This was undoubtedly our best game involving our TEs this year, which is saying something since our starters are out on IR.

A special shout out to Kevin Pierre-Louis, who had to come in cold to replace the injured Roquan Smith early in the game. I thought he played outstanding, especially under the circumstances. I was also proud of Kevin Toliver, who held his own in coverage in place of Prince, who was hurt as well.

All in all a fine effort by our boys.

We'll see how KPL fairs once teams game-plan for him.

My concern with him coming in was the run game. He's undersized. But by the time the D went out there in the 2nd half? It was 24-7. He didn't play much before that. Just the one drive where they did run well and missed field goal.

I wonder how close Trevathan is. We didn't put him on IR and it's been over a month. Not putting a guy on IR implies that you don't think it's going to be two months/8 weeks. Injury wasn't pretty to watch but that doesn't always mean everything. Could easily be a bad sprain.

I thought Tolliver was pretty poor. I honestly think every time we got beat beyond 15 yards, it was him being beat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really a good performance by Mitch but you can't claim victory for Mitch being a franchise QB after the past two games. After he was dog shit for 11. That logic is ass backwards. That goes for @noonthirtyjoe as well
C mon Rich. You dam well know I have felt the same way on Mitch for a long time. These last 4 games have not changed a thing for me. I think the light is finally coming on and the team and coach has got his back. We are blocking better and giving him run support and that is what he needed. He has good games and bad but the good shows he can do it in this league and the bad show how little experience he has. Time is all he needs, he is still a full season away from knowing exactly how good he can be. I have always believed in him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. We would not only have to win out and get in the playoffs. But Mitch would have to be at the center of why we did that. Only way I could see him redeeming himself for what he did to this team the first 11 games.
What Nagy did to this team the first 11 games.