• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14: Cowboys at Bears (Thursday Night Football)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is on pace for over 4000 yards passing this season...He's got 2 f*cking picks in 413 passes.

If a Bears QB did that, we'd have him HOF bound...while Rodgers is "declining."

I wouldn't bet the house on us when we play in Lambeau if I were you...

Sometimes you say fabricate statements that are borderline incomprehensible. Your straw-man abilities knows no bounds. I could not be more clear recently about how how poor our chances are in each of our final games. I think we likely lose to Dallas. Much less beat GB in GB. Bet on them? All I said was that Minny is clearly a better football team than them at the moment.

Anyway, Rodgers has turned into an above average to decent QB going back to 2015.

4K yards? Trubisky passed at roughly a 4K yard pace last season? Derek Carr did. It's almost 2020. Who cares about 4K yards? Bears QB's sucking also has no bearing on how good Rodgers is or isn't.

Rodgers takes an impossible amount of sacks to murder drives instead of throwing picks. His efficiency has been on a straight line down since the NFC Title game in 2014. He's just not great anymore.

I didn't know there existed people who really countered that notion. Even GB fans I know acknowledge it. It's borderline indisputable.

Read.

Are We Sure Aaron Rodgers Is Still An Elite Quarterback?

There’s no doubting Rodgers’s excellence early in his career. From 2008 — his first year as a starter — to 2014, Rodgers led the Packers to a 70-33 record.

In games he started.

and a Super Bowl win while throwing for 8.3 yards per pass attempt and winning two MVP awards. Over that same period, Rodgers passed for 225 touchdowns, good for a TD rate of 6.6 percent.

Since 2015, however, the Packers have gone a cumulative 30-24-1 with Rodgers under center, and the QB hasn’t been as sharp as he once was. Over the past four years, Rodgers’s yards per passing attempt dropped more than a yard from his previous career average to 7.1,League average from 2015 to 2018 was 6.8 yards per passing attempt.

League average from 2015 to 2018 was 6.8 yards per passing attempt and his TD rate fell a percentage point to 5.6 percent. Perhaps more worrying, there are important areas of the field where Rodgers isn’t simply no longer excellent — he’s actually worse than league average.

I looked at all passes charted with a direction that Rodgers has thrown since 2015, as recorded by ESPN Stats & Information Group, and compared his passes with a direction given to the league average in the same area of the field:

Rodgers has particularly fallen short of the rest of the league on intermediate throws. When he threw 11 to 25 yards downfield over the past four seasons, Rodgers completed fewer passes than we’d expect from a league-average QB. Depending on the area of the field, the deviation from expected performance was sometimes alarmingly high. On passes charted as being thrown to the “far left” area of the field between 11 and 20 yards deep, Rodgers completed passes a whopping 17.6 percentage points under expected.

Part of this could be explained by the injury and subsequent decline of Rodgers’s former favorite target, Jordy Nelson, who was an outside threat for most of his career in Green Bay. But Rodgers’s struggles haven’t been limited to outside throws: Since 2015 on throws to the middle-left, middle-right and center of the field, at depths from 11 to 25 yards, Rodgers has a completion percentage 1.4 points under expected.On 163 pass attempts.

">3

On 163 pass attempts.

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to get excited over a Bears game again. Looking forward to this one. The genius may even put up an analysis post...unless we lose.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seattle is doing us a solid right now.

If they hold on we have a chance to eek out a win vs. Dallas in the Frustration Bowl this Thursday

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you say fabricate statements that are borderline incomprehensible. Your straw-man abilities knows no bounds. I could not be more clear recently about how how poor our chances are in each of our final games. I think we likely lose to Dallas. Much less beat GB in GB. Bet on them? All I said was that Minny is clearly a better football team than them at the moment.

Anyway, Rodgers has turned into an above average to decent QB going back to 2015.

4K yards? Trubisky passed at roughly a 4K yard pace last season? Derek Carr did. It's almost 2020. Who cares about 4K yards? Bears QB's sucking also has no bearing on how good Rodgers is or isn't.

Rodgers takes an impossible amount of sacks to murder drives instead of throwing picks. His efficiency has been on a straight line down since the NFC Title game in 2014. He's just not great anymore.

I didn't know there existed people who really countered that notion. Even GB fans I know acknowledge it. It's borderline indisputable.

Read.

Are We Sure Aaron Rodgers Is Still An Elite Quarterback?

There’s no doubting Rodgers’s excellence early in his career. From 2008 — his first year as a starter — to 2014, Rodgers led the Packers to a 70-33 record.

In games he started.

and a Super Bowl win while throwing for 8.3 yards per pass attempt and winning two MVP awards. Over that same period, Rodgers passed for 225 touchdowns, good for a TD rate of 6.6 percent.

Since 2015, however, the Packers have gone a cumulative 30-24-1 with Rodgers under center, and the QB hasn’t been as sharp as he once was. Over the past four years, Rodgers’s yards per passing attempt dropped more than a yard from his previous career average to 7.1,League average from 2015 to 2018 was 6.8 yards per passing attempt.

League average from 2015 to 2018 was 6.8 yards per passing attempt and his TD rate fell a percentage point to 5.6 percent. Perhaps more worrying, there are important areas of the field where Rodgers isn’t simply no longer excellent — he’s actually worse than league average.

I looked at all passes charted with a direction that Rodgers has thrown since 2015, as recorded by ESPN Stats & Information Group, and compared his passes with a direction given to the league average in the same area of the field:

Rodgers has particularly fallen short of the rest of the league on intermediate throws. When he threw 11 to 25 yards downfield over the past four seasons, Rodgers completed fewer passes than we’d expect from a league-average QB. Depending on the area of the field, the deviation from expected performance was sometimes alarmingly high. On passes charted as being thrown to the “far left” area of the field between 11 and 20 yards deep, Rodgers completed passes a whopping 17.6 percentage points under expected.

Part of this could be explained by the injury and subsequent decline of Rodgers’s former favorite target, Jordy Nelson, who was an outside threat for most of his career in Green Bay. But Rodgers’s struggles haven’t been limited to outside throws: Since 2015 on throws to the middle-left, middle-right and center of the field, at depths from 11 to 25 yards, Rodgers has a completion percentage 1.4 points under expected.On 163 pass attempts.

">3

On 163 pass attempts.

And yet, after all this blah blah blah theres very few qb’s in the NFL that are equal or better than him. He’s the best qb in the north by far and easily top 3 in the NFC. Playing the better qb on the road who leads the team that not only is currently in first place but also has your number because of one reason...him...is without a doubt worse than playing Cousins and the Vikings. You’re peddling snake oil in this mountain of copypaste jibberish.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, after all this blah blah blah theres very few qb’s in the NFL that are equal or better than him. He’s the best qb in the north by far and easily top 3 in the NFC. Playing the better qb on the road who leads the team that not only is currently in first place but also has your number because of one reason...him...is without a doubt worse than playing Cousins and the Vikings. You’re peddling snake oil in this mountain of copypaste jibberish.

Jiddy Translator Says: "You have posted concrete data and statistics which counter every notion I have of a player. Therefore, I will pretend that data/stats do not matter. That is, again, until I want them to matter because it will benefit a future opinion that I have."

Lol... Yes, Jiddy. stats are copy/paste. Unless you keep yours yourself? Did you, yourself count Rodgers yards and INT's? I used yards per attempt. Just like you did with your Brady/Trubisky thread. You're hilarious dude.

Rodgers has multiple areas per dropback that are similar to names like Dalton, Brissett, Siemian and Osweiler over the past few years.

Rodgers and the Packers managed 1.4 yards per dropback less than league average on a play type that is wildly effective for the vast majority of the league. Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton — a player no evaluator would claim is Rodgers’s equal on the field — was able to squeeze out 2 yards per dropback more than Rodgers on 71 more play-action passes. When Jacoby Brissett, Trevor Siemian and Brock Osweiler are able to post yards-per-dropback numbers superior to a former Super Bowl winner and league MVP, something unexpectedly terrible has happened

NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG. ALL IS WELL.

Playing the better qb on the road who leads the team that not only is currently in first place but also has your number because of one reason...him

Do me a favor and stop rephrasing my opinion to make it more beneficial for yourself. I have now re-iterated for a SECOND time that I give us VERY little chance of beating Green Bay in Green Bay.

Seriously, stop being such a clown-show. Is it that hard? Holy shit. You are SHAMELESS in your dishonesty and contradictions.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jiddy Translator Says: "You have posted concrete data and statistics which counter every notion I have of a player. Therefore, I will pretend that data/stats do not matter. That is, again, until I want them to matter because it will benefit a future opinion that I have."

Lol... Yes, Jiddy. stats are copy/paste. Unless you keep yours yourself? Did you, yourself count Rodgers yards and INT's? I used yards per attempt. Just like you did with your Brady/Trubisky thread. You're hilarious dude.

Rodgers has multiple areas per dropback that are similar to names like Dalton, Brissett, Siemian and Osweiler over the past few years.

Rodgers and the Packers managed 1.4 yards per dropback less than league average on a play type that is wildly effective for the vast majority of the league. Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton — a player no evaluator would claim is Rodgers’s equal on the field — was able to squeeze out 2 yards per dropback more than Rodgers on 71 more play-action passes. When Jacoby Brissett, Trevor Siemian and Brock Osweiler are able to post yards-per-dropback numbers superior to a former Super Bowl winner and league MVP, something unexpectedly terrible has happened

NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG. ALL IS WELL.

Playing the better qb on the road who leads the team that not only is currently in first place but also has your number because of one reason...him

Do me a favor and stop rephrasing my opinion to make it more beneficial for yourself. I have now re-iterated for a SECOND time that I give us VERY little chance of beating Green Bay in Green Bay.

Seriously, stop being such a clown-show. Is it that hard? Holy shit. You are SHAMELESS in your dishonesty and contradictions.

Green Bay is NOT much more beatable than Minnesota for this year's Bears team. End of story. You're just posting a bunch of spew to support the hopeful bias you have that Green Bay is finally finished having their way with the us and the north. I'd love you to be right...but you aren't. The proof is staring you right in the face.

LOL...We've beaten Minny 3 times in a f*cking row with subpar offense. GTFOOH.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I read more and more positive press about the bears making a playoff push, I get the feeling we are about to get dominated by the cowboys.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I read more and more positive press about the bears making a playoff push, I get the feeling we are about to get dominated by the cowboys.

We make sh*tty defenses look top tier...Dallas has a defense that rivals ours statistically. I'll believe we score more than 10 points when I see it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are starting to play better and find a groove, we have won 3 of the last 4 and Dallas has lost 3 of the last 4 including one to the Jets. I believe we can win these last 4 and go into the playoffs as a hot team. You negative nancy's can kiss my homer ass. Were beating Dallas and getting Hicks back for GB. The O is finding itself and Nagy has pulled his head out of his ass and I'm getting a super model for Christmas. Get behind your team or go root for some one else you bunch of whinny ass fktards.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are starting to play better and find a groove, we have won 3 of the last 4 and Dallas has lost 3 of the last 4 including one to the Jets. I believe we can win these last 4 and go into the playoffs as a hot team. You negative nancy's can kiss my homer ass. Were beating Dallas and getting Hicks back for GB. The O is finding itself and Nagy has pulled his head out of his ass and I'm getting a super model for Christmas. Get behind your team or go root for some one else you bunch of whinny ass fktards.

Super Model most believable part IMO.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is not a team to sleep on....lmao

We couldnt stop a 3rd string qb in Blough that has no run,and some of you guys think we can hang with the top yardage leader in the league,that had bonafide wrs and a rb.....No, just absolutley not........

Dallas is not Detroit or the Giants.....

Ill be surprised if we are within 10 by the time its all said and done....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Losing to the Jets......Not sure we could beat the Jets......

Those 3 games Dallas lost to are all playoff bound teams.....All 3 games they lost were by a total of 9 pts......We are not a playoff team.......Love the tenacity,but I like to be realistic........
Can the Bears beat Dallas sure,but whats the probablity of that.....?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to the Jets......Not sure we could beat the Jets......

Those 3 games Dallas lost to are all playoff bound teams.....All 3 games they lost were by a total of 9 pts......We are not a playoff team.......Love the tenacity,but I like to be realistic........
Can the Bears beat Dallas sure,but whats the probablity of that.....?
Probability? pretty good. IMO Dallas is not a good team or a playoff team. They may make the playoffs because their div is that bad but not because they deserve it. Were about even and at home and desperate. I think we are trending in the right direction and that are trending in the wrong direction. Cowboys against top 10 scoring defenses: Record: 0-3 PPG: 16.0 They face the 4th best scoring defense in Chicago on Thursday.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It aint over until it's over.
fat-lady-sings.jpg

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probability? pretty good. IMO Dallas is not a good team or a playoff team. They may make the playoffs because their div is that bad but not because they deserve it. Were about even and at home and desperate. I think we are trending in the right direction and that are trending in the wrong direction. Cowboys against top 10 scoring defenses: Record: 0-3 PPG: 16.0 They face the 4th best scoring defense in Chicago on Thursday.

This is all negated because we're playing the #1 defense in the league this week.

Why?

Because every defense our offense plays becomes the #1 defense in the league for the week.

Let's just pray we win...not for playoffs...not for our quarterback's improvement...but so we won't be the team everyone sh*ts on for 24 straight hours starting tonight. Let that just be the Cowboys...We've been beat down enough this season. Cowboys lose and they still are in first goddamn place. Just let us have this one football gods.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noon,cmon man.....Dallas is a better team than us all around except for possibly def.....And I dont care about scoring defenses,thats just from lucky bounces from a fumble or any other means of interceptions....
As O said if our def can not stop a 3rd stringer, how the hell are we stopping Dak and co......?

And then teres Zeke......

Sorry pal, but we will be lucky to be in the game in the end...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon,cmon man.....Dallas is a better team than us all around except for possibly def.....And I dont care about scoring defenses,thats just from lucky bounces from a fumble or any other means of interceptions....
As O said if our def can not stop a 3rd stringer, how the hell are we stopping Dak and co......?

And then teres Zeke......

Sorry pal, but we will be lucky to be in the game in the end...
I guess well know soon enough. I got 28-16 Bears.