• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11 Patriots @ Eagles

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drops do happen. Conversely, WRs also make plays for their QBs. I can't think of an instance where a receiver made a play this year. I can remember quite a few drops, though

depends how you want to define making a play. when the eagles had a 2nd and 7 at their own 14 with 7 minutes left, trying to hold off the bears.. agholor made a nice sliding catch and then jeffery made a really nice 3rd down catch.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when will the excuses stop for wentz? he was supposedly "elite" according to many.. even though in reality, it takes years of great play to establish that type of worth.

it seems odd that an "elite" QB of his caliber would need more weapons to excel. as if two strong tight ends, a solid power/speed back combo, an above average O-line and jeffery wouldn't be enough to produce? it certainly was for some QB's here.

and then it became "well, when he gets jackson back." so, an "elite" QB is tied into one receiver so much it's to the point where he struggles because he's not on the field?

and now it's becoming any injury. oh, well jeffery didn't play. johnson left the game. the wind changed direction for a tenth of a second. a ray of sunlight reflected off the scoreboard into his eye.

now, i'm no fancy, big city wentz nut hanger... but i'd like to think an "ELITE" QB would be able to adjust to these situations and put some kind of points on the board instead of folding.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Sorry - but this is where I have to disagree with you. You are obsessed with your argument.
YES - The defense was tremendous but there is absolutely NO WAY that you an blame Wentz when he had ZERO weapons to play with. Give him some weapons and THEN we will see what he can or cannot do.

ertz was wide open moving across the field when the eagles had 1st and 10 at the pats 26. wentz wasn't even close. hollins was wide open on the sidelines early in the game. wentz wasn't even close. all he does is play super safe. that's why his TD/INT ratio looks so good on paper. he's playing like a 3rd string QB with a noodle arm, scanning for continual dump passes and slants over the middle.

what happened when he actually went deep early in the game? scott drew a 50 something yard penalty and we got a field goal. when did we go deep again? wentz plays like a pussy. it was embarrassing to see agholor get a step on his man deep, 1 on 1 with no safety help.. only for wentz to look it off and scramble for a couple of yards. doesn't want to make a shit throw or risk an interception.. boo hoo hoo. man the hell up.

fans keep blaming the receivers. i GUARANTEE any legit starter in this league would have this eagles offense no worse than 15th in the league, not the pitiful 24th or whatever the hell it is under wentz.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans keep blaming the receivers. i GUARANTEE any legit starter in this league would have this eagles offense no worse than 15th in the league, not the pitiful 24th or whatever the hell it is under wentz.

I already debunked this bullshit in this very thread when your Wentz bashing partner in crime mentioned other teams that has shit for receivers.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ertz was wide open moving across the field when the eagles had 1st and 10 at the pats 26. wentz wasn't even close. hollins was wide open on the sidelines early in the game. wentz wasn't even close. all he does is play super safe. that's why his TD/INT ratio looks so good on paper. he's playing like a 3rd string QB with a noodle arm, scanning for continual dump passes and slants over the middle.

Every QB will miss receivers and Wetnz is not disputing that. Yet you never seem to accept the drops. There is no mention of the dime Agholor dropped that would have at worst tied the Patriots games. This season he alone have two drops that altered the outcome of the game. The Eagles receivers have plagued us with drops and are near the league leaders in that category. I checked the stats and it says Eagles receivers dropped 15 passes this year. Those of us that watched the Eagles game know that the drops are more than that. If you factor in the drops stats Wentz completion percentage would be 69% putting him in the top 5. That is correct.....15 passes is all the separates Wentz from where he is not to being top 5 in completion percentage.

It is the bolded part that is just stupid. One of the most important aspects of a QB's job is to take care of the football. Turnovers are killer. The Eagles receivers have shown they have zero ability to win 50/50 ball and you expect Wentz to trust these receivers? Most of the time he already has to make tight window throws. I SMH to this nonsense.

Noodle arm? Give me a break with at fucking stupidity. Wentz has one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

Dump Passes? That games are you watching. Most of he here think he is holding on to the ball because he refuses to take the dump pass yet you complain that is what he is doing? Again..another inaccurate statement based on pure bias and no facts.

Scanning for slants over the middle? If the pattern is a slant of course he would look for it. What the fuck is this complaint about. You don't like the fact that he is throwing to designed patterns?

It is clear you just don't like him. Based on this post I don't even thing you watch the games.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the one that got his body in such a fucked up position. Get a clue.
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
You on the other hand can run full speed sideways with your back to the ball making one-handed catches.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brah, stop whining. have some self-respect for god's sake!
If you're going to troll us at least provide some entertainment. Otherwise it just looks like more whining from you.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Jags game last night ... Foles has horrible. The final stats for Foles do not tell the story; a ton of stat padding when the game was out of hand. Foles started well, but during the meat of the game he was flat out bad ... should have had 2 more INT's tacked on to his stat line. Certainly looked nothing like "down the stretch run" Foles of last year. It was his first game back from a long layoff, so pass given ... but that game should certainly not be used in any Wentz/Foles argument as a positive for Foles.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already debunked this bullshit in this very thread when your Wentz bashing partner in crime mentioned other teams that has shit for receivers.

you've debunked nothing. if you truly believe a shit ton of random QB's in this league couldn't have done better than 125 yards (whatever it was) at the end of the 3rd quarter while NOT losing a fumble deep in their territory and being sacked 4-5 times.. you're going beyond a homer level.

the sad thing is, all he actually had to do was NOT fumble or throw a pick in eagle territory. if the eagles go into the half up 10-6, it completely changes the game. if the pats come out scoring exactly like they did, they kick the extra point instead and we're down 3.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB will miss receivers and Wetnz is not disputing that. Yet you never seem to accept the drops. There is no mention of the dime Agholor dropped that would have at worst tied the Patriots games. This season he alone have two drops that altered the outcome of the game. The Eagles receivers have plagued us with drops and are near the league leaders in that category. I checked the stats and it says Eagles receivers dropped 15 passes this year. Those of us that watched the Eagles game know that the drops are more than that. If you factor in the drops stats Wentz completion percentage would be 69% putting him in the top 5. That is correct.....15 passes is all the separates Wentz from where he is not to being top 5 in completion percentage.

It is the bolded part that is just stupid. One of the most important aspects of a QB's job is to take care of the football. Turnovers are killer. The Eagles receivers have shown they have zero ability to win 50/50 ball and you expect Wentz to trust these receivers? Most of the time he already has to make tight window throws. I SMH to this nonsense.

Noodle arm? Give me a break with at fucking stupidity. Wentz has one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

Dump Passes? That games are you watching. Most of he here think he is holding on to the ball because he refuses to take the dump pass yet you complain that is what he is doing? Again..another inaccurate statement based on pure bias and no facts.

Scanning for slants over the middle? If the pattern is a slant of course he would look for it. What the fuck is this complaint about. You don't like the fact that he is throwing to designed patterns?

It is clear you just don't like him. Based on this post I don't even thing you watch the games.

the drops are overrated and i'm tired of hearing about them. getting your hands on the ball DOESN'T automatically make it a drop. in it's own seperate category, the eagles are at the top of the league. however, we're talking about 15 or so drops for the year. around 20 plus teams have 10 or more. agholor didn't "drop" the pass at the end of the game and it sure as fuck wasn't a "DIME."

i don't think anyone on the eagles technically has more than 3 drops on the year. edelman leads the league. and we saw him drop an open TD right in his chest on sunday.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to troll us at least provide some entertainment. Otherwise it just looks like more whining from you.

you can sit here and whine about angles and who runs like a girl for as long as you'd like.. but has some god damn self-respect about it man.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Jags game last night ... Foles has horrible. The final stats for Foles do not tell the story; a ton of stat padding when the game was out of hand. Foles started well, but during the meat of the game he was flat out bad ... should have had 2 more INT's tacked on to his stat line. Certainly looked nothing like "down the stretch run" Foles of last year. It was his first game back from a long layoff, so pass given ... but that game should certainly not be used in any Wentz/Foles argument as a positive for Foles.

someone made mention of foles losing. the stats for his 1st game back, on the road, against a good team weren't meant as an argument or show of importance. personally, i don't really care what he does with the jags. good or bad, it doesn't negate what he did here.

he has already proven himself. he had a monster 27 TD/2 INT season and led the eagles to the playoffs. he outplayed brady, won the eagles the superbowl and was MVP. then he followed it up by saving the eagles dead season and winning another playoff game before a dropped pass/deflection knocked them out.

homer fans can talk about talent all they want. head to head, with the eagles, foles has destroyed wentz so far.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you've debunked nothing. .

Yet you and the other loser did not even bother to respond. That is what you do when you get your asses handed to you. You run like a little bitch and hope people don't notice you trying to escape.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
You on the other hand can run full speed sideways with your back to the ball making one-handed catches.
It's pretty stupid of you to not accept that Agholor has control of his body.

He moved it poorly if his goal was to make a catch in bounds.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you and the other loser did not even bother to respond. That is what you do when you get your asses handed to you. You run like a little bitch and hope people don't notice you trying to escape.

why would i run from a post that isn't even mine? which i grazed over? and how do i get "my ass handed to me" for it? :dhd:

i'll say again though. if you don't think numerous, NUMEROUS QB's in this league couldn't have done better than wentz.. you're beyond homer level.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would i run from a post that isn't even mine? which i grazed over? and how do i get "my ass handed to me" for it? :dhd:

i'll say again though. if you don't think numerous, NUMEROUS QB's in this league couldn't have done better than wentz.. you're beyond homer level.

I was not talking about BPNAZ post. You claimed I did not debunk anything. Since you claimed I did not debunk anything but did not acknowledge the post that I made that is running from point in question.

In the very same game in question Wentz performed better than Brady who is considered by most as the GOAT and he has the same issue that we have with receivers. This is why your thought process is so stupid. You have arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game struggling with below average receivers but you ignore that point. Trying to say numerous QB's could do better. If the GOAT can't do it I doubt numerous QB's can. :L

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can sit here and whine about angles and who runs like a girl for as long as you'd like.. but has some god damn self-respect about it man.
Still not entertaining us.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty stupid of you to not accept that Agholor has control of his body.

He moved it poorly if his goal was to make a catch in bounds.
Of course he has control of his body. And it would have been a heroic catch if he'd made it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he has control of his body. And it would have been a heroic catch if he'd made it.
It would have been heroic if I caught it.

It would be him doing his job for the first fucking time in two years if he caught it.