• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11 Patriots @ Eagles

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that it's only Monday but byes seem so long.
I don't think that Dallas will lose to Detroit but we can hope for the best. So the Eagles will probably need to win this game to stay even with Dallas.
Run the stinking ball, STOP committing stupid penalties, and play like you give a crap. A couple of defensive turnovers would also be nice.
Both the Eagles and the Patriots are coming off byes so both teams are rested.
Let's Go Eagles. NOW is the time to make that run for the playoffs.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not beating TB and the Pats. I do think we can at least keep it close.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ALREADY have one vote for a loss.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats peaked in September and haven't played anyone.

Their outside WRs are worse than ours and they don't have any TEs.

Protect the football and we'll beat them in a snoozer 23-14.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that it's only Monday but byes seem so long.
I don't think that Dallas will lose to Detroit but we can hope for the best. So the Eagles will probably need to win this game to stay even with Dallas.
Run the stinking ball, STOP committing stupid penalties, and play like you give a crap. A couple of defensive turnovers would also be nice.
Both the Eagles and the Patriots are coming off byes so both teams are rested.
Let's Go Eagles. NOW is the time to make that run for the playoffs.

Keeping pace with the Cowboys would be nice. However, they get NE in NE the next week while we get Seattle at home. If they get one game up next week than beating Seattle might put us right back on level. After that the leadup to the us facing them gets better. I would not say they have the toughest matchups (v. Bills, @ Bears, v.Rams), but ours might be easier (@Dolphins, v. Giants, @ Deadskins).

As for this weekend...I am not ready to guess yet.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they can beat New England and Seattle these next two weeks. But if they can win one of those two, I think they have a shot to win the division, given how the rest of the schedule looks.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reality is pretty simple for just about every game. if we can score a few points, we have a solid chance. the offense needs to wake the hell up and get some big plays. running is great (and clearly needed) but there has to be some big downfield plays mixed in.

without any serious offensive turnovers, i think we can hold the pats to 24-27. possibly less. can we dump that many points up? need at least 14 by halftime.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are overrated but clearly are the better coached team. The Eagles IMO have the edge on both offensive and defensive lines. This game is won on the back of Jordan Howard. If the Eagles focus on the run they can win. They cannot go pass happy because the Pats have he best corner in the NFL and he can easily shut down any receiver we have which will free up the rest of the Pats defense. We need to keep the ball from Brady. Even healthy the Eagles secondary is trash and Brady will light them up.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball control - run the ball, and use screen passes a lot.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will shut us out, and we'll be lucky to hold them under 100.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will stick Stephon Gilmore on Ertz and take away the run. Alshon and Goedert need to step up this game ... it's either that or one of our other misfit WR's need to make some plays to beat the Pats. On D it's a show me game ... the Defense has played better since the Dallas game, but they haven't faced really good Offenses like they will face the next 2 weeks ... let's see if they can step it up.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm looking ahead, but we are playing New England and Seattle, in which both teams are coming off their bye weeks.

Is that normal? Shouldn't each team have only one game against another team that is coming off their bye week?
I couldn't seem to google how often this occurs and if this is balanced in the schedule each year.

Would this mean that we face zero teams coming off a bye next year?

Any thoughts?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point the top brass is going to realize that the coaching staff is inadequate. The game plans each week have been abysmal with the exception when the team really had it's back against the wall and I think that is when Doug steps in and is more hands on when it comes to the game plan that week.

The wide receivers are performing so bad that this team needs to become run first to be successful. They relied too much on the ability of Wentz and it is imploding. Wentz can make all the throws and that should be without debate. After watching a good number of games this year I am willing to bet that no QB has to make more tight window throws than Wentz does. I sit there and watch Dak throw the ball to college open receivers every week yet we seem to have mostly trash.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they can beat New England and Seattle these next two weeks. But if they can win one of those two, I think they have a shot to win the division, given how the rest of the schedule looks.
Really if they just beat dallas next time they should win the division even if they don't win one of these.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm looking ahead, but we are playing New England and Seattle, in which both teams are coming off their bye weeks.

Is that normal? Shouldn't each team have only one game against another team that is coming off their bye week?
I couldn't seem to google how often this occurs and if this is balanced in the schedule each year.

Would this mean that we face zero teams coming off a bye next year?

Any thoughts?
There was a season not too long ago where the eagles played four games against teams coming off a bye. I bitched about it often.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would presume that figuring I the dynamic of coming off bye weeks into all the other variables would be a cluster fuck. So they just don’t try to do it.