• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11 Patriots @ Eagles

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nick foles that went on the road for his first game back. the nick foles that was 33/47 for 296 yards, 2 TD and a 92.1 rating. the nick foles that only took 2 sacks and didn't fumble because he knows how to get rid of the ball. the nick foles who put up big numbers with the so called slop we currently put on the field week after week.

yes, that nick foles.
Sounds like excuses to me.

Glad to see the same dumb people making the same dumb comments (with extremely short memories) after all these years. I have no problem defending Philly fans vs anyone, but when they come out and blame Wentz and cry we should have kept the backup, I can't defend that dumbassery. That shit is embarrassing.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles need to play to Wentz strength this off season and find him WR options that have quickness to get open quickly or be a realistic downfield option (unlike Agholor who can't track anything). Look what he did with DJax the one game where he was healthy. These receivers we have now ... Hollins, Arcega-Whiteside, Matthews ... are all possession types who can't separate. That's all well and good as long as they can win contested catches like a "healthy" Alshon can do ... but these are all bottom rung receivers. Arcega may develop, but so far seems like he's over matched at the pro level.
I said during the game that today felt like 2016, which also felt similar to 2018. 2017 is starting to look like the outlier. It's difficult to believe that the difference was of 2017 was simply:
1) a real deep threat
2) incredible depth
3) balanced rushing attack

• 1 & 3 are extremely fixable, but we keep having extremely bad luck with injuries on #1
  • That we passed on Josh Gordon is unconscionable. Unless he's actually selling drugs in the locker room, passing on him is unforgivable.
  • #2 is arguably the most difficult but if we could stay healthy its not nearly as much of an issue. This team has had an exorbitant amount of injuries since 2017. Somebody give Rick Burkholder a blank check to get back here! Our health staff is a joke.
  • These last 2 years IDK what the fuck our run philosophy is. I know its a some sort of a rotation but the rotation makes no damn sense. A guy breaks of a couple nice runs and we never see him again and give the carries to the guy that can't break shit. I fully expected a heavy load of Miles Sanders today but instead we got an overdose of Boston Scott. He's trash.
Its not fun to watch this team. It wasn't fun to watch this team last year either. I hate that. I had this as a SB team but we have little sign of that at this point. But we are 5-5, the D seems to be coming around...and we can still win this division.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge problem for Wentz is that he refuses to use check downs ... if a throw is not in his sweet spot of between 10-15 yards downfield, he doesn't even look at it. Tony Romo pointed out several times during the game that the check downs were wide open and Wentz doesn't even look at them. Wentz instead tries to buy time until those 10-15 yard options break loose ... but with this WR crew, doing that usually leads to a Sack. Defensive co-ordinators don't even guard check downs against Wentz because they don't need to. The coaches have to take huge blame on this as well since they need to point it out and work on Wentz with using those options.
I dont think Boston Scott is much of a threat on the check down, but maybe that just me.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Boston Scott is much of a threat on the check down, but maybe that just me.

Players don't need to be threats to get 3-4 yards on check downs. When you have crappy receivers it's a much better situation to be in 3rd and 6 as opposed to 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 15 after a sack. All the top QB's take the checks and keep the chains moving ... Brady and Brees have done it their entire career; scan the field quickly and if nothing is there ... take the 3 to 4 yard gimmie and give yourself a better chance on the next down. It's like this concept is foreign to Carson and the coaching staff.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-5 time to run the table and see where things end up. I thought the defense played pretty damn good and look like they have it dialed in right now.

People have written them off now for the season, get Lane back and Howard back and the offense will be back to having that sound running game and lets play it out.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles need to play to Wentz strength this off season and find him WR options that have quickness to get open quickly or be a realistic downfield option (unlike Agholor who can't track anything). Look what he did with DJax the one game where he was healthy. These receivers we have now ... Hollins, Arcega-Whiteside, Matthews ... are all possession types who can't separate. That's all well and good as long as they can win contested catches like a "healthy" Alshon can do ... but these are all bottom rung receivers. Arcega may develop, but so far seems like he's over matched at the pro level.

Receivers with no speed, but good height to be possession receivers is fine.

But if those receivers have bricks for hands.....no bueno. Horrible.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers with no speed, but good height to be possession receivers is fine.

But if those receivers have bricks for hands.....no bueno. Horrible.

Basketball type receivers, that's what they need, the 6'5" wide body and hands that are strong enough to hold on to the ball

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to get Carson a quick/dynamic slot WR for next season to replace Agholor. A player who can achieve quick separation off the LOS with solid hands. We get back DJax next season and even though he's older can still run (as we saw in Game 1) ... He essentially got a year off from wear and tear, so he should be fresh for 2020. Alshon has been less than 100% all year and he's uncuttable due to Cap implications ... so he'll be back next season. I believe drafting a dynamic slot player along with the return of a healthy DJax will see this Offense get back on track in 2020. Carson however needs to play better ... use your checkdowns and for the love of God do not hold on to the ball forever! Throw it away when nothing is there and live to fight another down ...

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many reasons why the Eagles lost with Pederson and Wentz included. Pederson abandoned using Sanders in the 2nd half and Wentz was inaccurate most of the game. The WR’s such. Howie did a poor job putting this team together. Etc, etc

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many reasons why the Eagles lost with Pederson and Wentz included. Pederson abandoned using Sanders in the 2nd half and Wentz was inaccurate most of the game. The WR’s such. Howie did a poor job putting this team together. Etc, etc

I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment on Wentz in throwing the ball.

Compared to Brady, Wentz had the better QBR and RTG.
Brady was 26-47, 216 yards, 4.6 AVG, 0 TD, 0 INT
Wentz was 20-40, 214 yards, 5.4 AVG, 1 TD, 0 INT

Every completion by Wentz seemed like it was in a tight window with a dback draped all over the receiver.
Still has an issue with passes getting tipped, but that could also be due to good OLine protection.

The negative aspect with Wentz was that he held on to the ball way too long.
Brady gets rid of the ball when he has to.

But, I put this on Pederson. Bellechik adjusted and when the GOAT couldn't throw a TD pass, he designed a trick play to get it done. In the 2nd half, the Eagles couldn't execute on 1st and 2nd down, resulting in long 3rd downs. Should have run more screens, pick plays, whatever you can to get first downs. After not sustaining drives for 3, 4, 5 times, at what point did Doug decide to change things up? Have Wentz roll out, give him the option to run as he did on a busted screen that netted him 8 yards. Wentz had 3 rushes for 17 yards (5.8 AVG). If NE wasn't spying and just rushing 4, adjust and get Wentz mobile and rolling out. Take the yards they give you, make them adjust, then perhaps that opens up something in the middle of the field for passing.

Winnable game, but we simply got outcoached, not outplayed at QB.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like excuses to me.

Glad to see the same dumb people making the same dumb comments (with extremely short memories) after all these years. I have no problem defending Philly fans vs anyone, but when they come out and blame Wentz and cry we should have kept the backup, I can't defend that dumbassery. That shit is embarrassing.

bah! who the fuck asked you to defend ANYTHING? outside of philly, wentz is just another middle of the pack underachiever. opinion easily begins to sway on who was a better fit for the eagles. even more so now for foles. all the sheep here are hooked on believing wentz is a mega star waiting to happen because of a great (shortened) 2017 season in which we faced a lot of bad teams.

2016: 7-9
2017: 10-2
2018: 5-6
2019: 5-5

you see a problem? because i see a BIG fucking problem. FACE IT. the dude CANNOT throw a medium to deep sideline pass to save his life. the ball shoots out wobbly, on a rope and is almost always innacurate. his accuracy in general is wild and inconsistent. he does not possess a 'lob' throw with a soft touch. it's nonexistent. with a chance to tie the game in pats territory, he couldn't even complete a 10 yard slant over the middle to a WIDE OPEN ertz. the shit is beat, it's old. it happens EVERY game, multiple times. and the sheep just pick on the receivers every time instead.

embarrassing? you're fucking right it is. foles outgunned brady in the superbowl and was MVP. he came back the next year and took a boring 5-6 team that wentz couldn't do shit with to the playoffs, just missing the NFC championship game.

you look at foles, and he's a perfect fit for this team. a quick release, attacks all angles of the field, spreads the ball around, loves to take shots deep, knows how to float the ball anywhere. HUGE positives that wentz is incapable of on a daily basis.

he's already PROVEN he could win it all with this group of players and coaches. what has wentz proven? he hasn't even registered a fucking playoff snap yet. he's had numerous negative chat surrounding him in the locker room. receivers don't even look like they want to play with him.

yeah brah, don't "defend me" for choosing the MVP and the guy who brought this city their only superbowl. the players themselves and fans outside of the city with no bias know who was and is better for this team.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bah! who the fuck asked you to defend ANYTHING? outside of philly, wentz is just another middle of the pack underachiever. opinion easily begins to sway on who was a better fit for the eagles. even more so now for foles. all the sheep here are hooked on believing wentz is a mega star waiting to happen because of a great (shortened) 2017 season in which we faced a lot of bad teams.

2016: 7-9
2017: 10-2
2018: 5-6
2019: 5-5

you see a problem? because i see a BIG fucking problem. FACE IT. the dude CANNOT throw a medium to deep sideline pass to save his life. the ball shoots out wobbly, on a rope and is almost always innacurate. his accuracy in general is wild and inconsistent. he does not possess a 'lob' throw with a soft touch. it's nonexistent. with a chance to tie the game in pats territory, he couldn't even complete a 10 yard slant over the middle to a WIDE OPEN ertz. the shit is beat, it's old. it happens EVERY game, multiple times. and the sheep just pick on the receivers every time instead.

embarrassing? you're fucking right it is. foles outgunned brady in the superbowl and was MVP. he came back the next year and took a boring 5-6 team that wentz couldn't do shit with to the playoffs, just missing the NFC championship game.

you look at foles, and he's a perfect fit for this team. a quick release, attacks all angles of the field, spreads the ball around, loves to take shots deep, knows how to float the ball anywhere. HUGE positives that wentz is incapable of on a daily basis.

he's already PROVEN he could win it all with this group of players and coaches. what has wentz proven? he hasn't even registered a fucking playoff snap yet. he's had numerous negative chat surrounding him in the locker room. receivers don't even look like they want to play with him.

yeah brah, don't "defend me" for choosing the MVP and the guy who brought this city their only superbowl. the players themselves and fans outside of the city with no bias know who was and is better for this team.

Dude you need to find a way to get over your hate for Wentz. Find a 12 step program or something. There are only 2 of you here that keep regurgitating this moronic nonsense. Only an idiot believe that Foles is a better QB than Wentz. On top of that he is more injury prone.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid points about Wentz not being able to float the ball well. Foles was indeed better at leading receivers to the ball and anticipating. I think Wentz can find success in this league, but it won't be with possession type receivers. He needs quick/fast receivers who can get a step on their defender or playmaking #1 types like a "healthy" Alshon.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give NE some credit. They have one of the best defenses in the league. And wentz needs to be better. He had some great throws and he had a whole lot more that wilt chamberlain couldn't have caught they were so high.
It's not about the receivers. They're plenty adequate but the tv gave us several big picture views of how NE defensed us. They clearly understood our passing game concepts and had a pretty good idea of where the ball was going and were able to overload the zone on that half of the field and go man on the other half. Much like dallas did to us a few weeks ago.
They need to rethink there passing game.
And no one should be blaming agohlor for that last play. The ball was a hail mary thrown behind him at the back of the end zone. If he'd caught the ball it would have been an amazing catch. Peterson and groh need to sit down and get that fixed real fast.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nick foles that went on the road for his first game back. the nick foles that was 33/47 for 296 yards, 2 TD and a 92.1 rating. the nick foles that only took 2 sacks and didn't fumble because he knows how to get rid of the ball. the nick foles who put up big numbers with the so called slop we currently put on the field week after week.

yes, that nick foles.

that you think the colts defense and the pats defense are somehow remotely equal says everything about your 'knowledge' and the value of your opinion.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no one should be blaming agohlor for that last play. The ball was a hail mary thrown behind him at the back of the end zone. If he'd caught the ball it would have been an amazing catch. Peterson and groh need to sit down and get that fixed real fast.

Disagree there. The ball was released with plenty of time and Agholor did not track it well. He had plenty of time to adjust. This is not the first time that he missed a ball he could not track. I think this is equal coaching and ability issues. Agholor can be a very good receiver but he has deficiencies that it appears our coaching staff is incapable of correcting. I truly think Doug needs to take a long hard look at the offensive staff.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of valid points, but the fact is that Agholor dropped a dime right through his hands, which lost the game, period!

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one game he had with jax was against the skins, the worst team in the league. Don't read too much into that.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree there. The ball was released with plenty of time and Agholor did not track it well. He had plenty of time to adjust. This is not the first time that he missed a ball he could not track.

Yeah, he turned the wrong way. Should have twisted towards the ball and tried to land on his back, but instead, he turned away from the ball to stay on his feet and missed it.

He didn't lay out for the ball, similar to the other back of the endzone attempt, where he didn't even try to drag his feet.