• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11 Patriots @ Eagles

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of valid points, but the fact is that Agholor dropped a dime right through his hands, which lost the game, period!

A dime? :rolleyes2:

it was a prayer.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a vid of the algholor drop in the end zone. The ball was released before he was at the 10 yard line. Agholor had 20 yards to track this ball and poorly did so.

video was blocked.

If you searched youtube for Algholor drop Patriots there will be plenty of vids.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he turned the wrong way. Should have twisted towards the ball and tried to land on his back, but instead, he turned away from the ball to stay on his feet and missed it.

He didn't lay out for the ball, similar to the other back of the endzone attempt, where he didn't even try to drag his feet.

How do you lay out for a ball that is behind you?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many reasons why the Eagles lost with Pederson and Wentz included. Pederson abandoned using Sanders in the 2nd half and Wentz was inaccurate most of the game. The WR’s such. Howie did a poor job putting this team together. Etc, etc

I don’t know. At least in the passing game the Pats did a good job of taking Sanders away. Between that and bottling Ertz somewhat effectively Belichick challenge Peterson and said “whatcha got?” And this time Peterson has nothing.

To a point. Optics are everything and that last drive showed Peterson put some good plays on the field. They just were not executed well. The last sequence had two passes to Ertz....and they were utterly horrible.

I feel like by that point the game might have got bigger than Carson? I don’t know.

But he was missing and sailing throws in the first half too. I think he really struggled with the wind (both QBs really)

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like excuses to me.

Glad to see the same dumb people making the same dumb comments (with extremely short memories) after all these years. I have no problem defending Philly fans vs anyone, but when they come out and blame Wentz and cry we should have kept the backup, I can't defend that dumbassery. That shit is embarrassing.
Every city has that group of fans. there was a hardcore group in buffalo that used to argue endlessly that frank reich was better than jim kelly. That reich was the franchise, not kelly.:rolleyes2:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't behind him. He did not adjust and it was an easy adjustment because he had 20 yards to track it.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By lay out, I mean he would have to take a hit by falling to the ground on his back on the 4th down play.

On the other catch, he needed to drag his toes or lay out which would have caused him to land on his body.

In both situations, he opted to brace for impact instead of laying out to catch the ball at all costs to his body.

Just my opinion, mind you, but something that we have seen before.

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that you think the colts defense and the pats defense are somehow remotely equal says everything about your 'knowledge' and the value of your opinion.

just to be clear, are we talking about the same Colts that just lost to the Dolphins ??

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the funny thing. We watched a game where a QB with elite talent playing the best NFL struggled. On the other side the QB is considered the GOAT and was playing against a very bad secondary and struggled. The 2 QB's had one thing in common they both have absolute shit for receivers. Yet we sit here and there are a couple that talk about how bad Wentz is. That is why people think those guys are morons. Their opinions are based on blatant dislike and they do not look a the overall picture of things.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't behind him. He did not adjust and it was an easy adjustment because he had 20 yards to track it.
Actually it wasn't 20 yards you can't track something accurately until it reaches it's apex. he can only estimate.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it wasn't 20 yards you can't track something accurately until it reaches it's apex. he can only estimate.

My point was this. Wentz released the ball before Agholor got to the 10 yard line. Now if we are going to get technical I think the ball reached it's apex at the 5 yard line. That is where it looks like it beginning it's descent. It looks like Agholor ran past the ball in other words he clearly misjudged where it was going to land. This is where people have stated he has an obvious deficiency in tracking the ball. The ball was not behind him and it was actually thrown in front of him. He just had to run to the spot and catch the ball. It was behind him because he over ran it.

Now I am not saying that Agholor was the reason we lost. Far from it. I have an issue with some people expecting Wentz to be perfect and no one else is held accountable. The coaching staff was embarrassed. The Eagles with shit receivers faced the best defense in the NFL coached probably the greatest coach of all time. Did you notice how after the Eagles scored their TD that Belechick went in and was talking to the defense making changes? The offense looked like utter shit after his adjustments. The Eagles could not match it.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By lay out, I mean he would have to take a hit by falling to the ground on his back on the 4th down play.

On the other catch, he needed to drag his toes or lay out which would have caused him to land on his body.

In both situations, he opted to brace for impact instead of laying out to catch the ball at all costs to his body.

Just my opinion, mind you, but something that we have seen before.

We'll agree to disagree.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll agree to disagree.

The slot receiver needs to be willing to take a hit. Something I don't think Agholor is willing to do. With that said I dont think it is his natural position. The slot receiver needs to be either pretty decent in size or super quick with absolute sure hands. Algholor is neither of those.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was this. Wentz released the ball before Agholor got to the 10 yard line. Now if we are going to get technical I think the ball reached it's apex at the 5 yard line. That is where it looks like it beginning it's descent. It looks like Agholor ran past the ball in other words he clearly misjudged where it was going to land. This is where people have stated he has an obvious deficiency in tracking the ball. The ball was not behind him and it was actually thrown in front of him. He just had to run to the spot and catch the ball. It was behind him because he over ran it.

Agholor is running to a spot. Wentz has to throw to that spot. From the time the ball is thrown to when it comes down is about 2.5 seconds, he's running full speed to locate it and change direction. He's never going to have enough time to change direction. All he can do is try turn his body toward the ball which he did. If you want to argue that great receivers make that catch knock yourself out. 98% of the time no one is going to make that catch.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The slot receiver needs to be willing to take a hit. Something I don't think Agholor is willing to do. With that said I dont think it is his natural position. The slot receiver needs to be either pretty decent in size or super quick with absolute sure hands. Algholor is neither of those.
He was never getting hit on either pass play, NEVER!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor is running to a spot. Wentz has to throw to that spot. From the time the ball is thrown to when it comes down is about 2.5 seconds running full speed to locate it and change direction. He's never going to have enough time to change direction. All he can do is try turn his body toward the ball which he did. If you want to argue that great receivers make that catch knock yourself out. 98% of the time no one is going to make that catch.

That is not the case in this pass. This was a touch pass that was in the right spot. Agholor over ran it. When I first saw the pass I initially thought it was thrown behind him as well until I saw the replay and watched videos of it this morning. Regardless if it was off the back foot or a prayer of a pass it was a very good pass that most good receivers would catch in stride. It was cover zero and he was about to get hit and he threw a very good pass.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not the case in this pass. This was a touch pass that was in the right spot. Agholor over ran it. When I first saw the pass I initially thought it was thrown behind him as well until I saw the replay and watched videos of it this morning. Regardless if it was off the back foot or a prayer of a pass it was a very good pass that most good receivers would catch in stride. It was cover zero and he was about to get hit and he threw a very good pass.
Wentz has to lead the receiver.
The only way you can say that agholor over ran it is if you have an endzone camera. When you give us that view post it otherwise....