• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Tennessee Titans at Denver Broncos

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did but he made me nervous with no catches in the third. Thank god for the freebie yards before end of half or I would have lost.
Yep garage time saved you.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are brutal on Drew boy. If he had this performance with Sutton out there I would agree, but he still has two mediocre tackles and one half of Lindsay. The Titans are a quality opponent - he blew a couple of snaps - that about it for my critique. I also think he should have run on one play when he scrambled and had an open field ahead of him - instead of throwing. He didn't win the game, but he didn't lose it either. The other sort of strange thing about Lock was - without the crowd there maybe - he wasn't that excited kid making the sure everyone had fun playing the game. I think he was feeling the pressure of the situation last night and didn't play his best.

What he did show was he got hit hard and didn't fumble - he didn't throw any interceptions. He shows he can make plays out of broken plays - and that he is tough. He put in a lot of work in the off season -once he relaxes he will be a plus plus QB.
I find it humorous that you quoted my post as being "brutal on Drew" and then go on to be at least as critical.

You read too much into my comments. My point is that he blew the snaps and significantly overthrew some deep balls and inexplicably couldn't find Fant in the second half. Those are the things he needs to clean up with the coaching staff.

I fully expect the big-time, young talent (including Lock) we have on offense to gel over the next several games. Time will tell.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it humorous that you quoted my post as being "brutal on Drew" and then go on to be at least as critical.

You read too much into my comments. My point is that he blew the snaps and significantly overthrew some deep balls and inexplicably couldn't find Fant in the second half. Those are the things he needs to clean up with the coaching staff.

I fully expect the big-time, young talent (including Lock) we have on offense to gel over the next several games. Time will tell.

LOL - yes, one of those times when I started to write one thing and - ended up writing something else. I call it a Pumpfake.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Drew looked good. He missed a few passes and reads, but all quarterbacks do that. The one play though that nobody talks about his the Jewell facemask. It was a facemask, but do you know why it was a facemask? Nobody mentions it! He was blocked in the back! Should've been offsetting penalties.

Notice that the officials didn't call any holding penalties on either team. It was a clean game for the o-line for both teams.