• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Seattle Seahawks at Denver Broncos

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too expensive for my taste.

Of course I know he was kidding. I just like to be a smart ass in return. You know me by now. From behind my computer I laugh, but I don't show it. Instead I give a smart ass return to make someone look like they don't know what they are talking about. ;)

To Quote Shakespeare: We should have "smashed you like a serpent's egg."

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dontae Johnson questionable. If he doesn’t go rookie 5th round pick Tre Flowers will start..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am super excited about this Broncos team.

There is no question that the offense got a lot better - the Oline appears better and the RB options offers challenges to defense. By an even larger measure - the WRs got better with Sutton and Hamilton showing well. Even Heuerman arose from the dead - with Butt also ready to provide a spark. It is a perfect time to have a blue collar QB - the kind of a guy who can make other players around him - better players. Refer yourselves to the quotes from Keenum's teammates - they were warm and lavish - more than respect they represented an emotional attachment from the guys around him.

My worries would be on the defense. The front seven looks good. I don't think the Broncos showed any proof they can shut down the TE across the middle at any crucial time. Until PacMan gets up to game strength - the Broncos appear a little weak in the CB room. The safety schemes have to be adjusted since Cravens is out for half the season at a minimum.

Wilson will escape the blitz a few times and catch guys open downfield - of that I have no doubt. The ideal situation would be for the Broncos offense come out executing flawlessly putting up points and forcing Seattle into predictable passing situations. What we fans have hoped for all these years -and what the defense got upset about the last few years in terms of support with clock management.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos need to get off to a fast start in this game. I miss the old glory days with Shanahan (before he lost it), when the Broncos would jump out to incredibly quick leads and then step on the throat of the opponent. The Seahawks will wear down toward the end of the game with the heat and altitude factors. We can't let them get any kind of lead early on. Keenum needs to get rid of the ball quickly and for God's sake, we need to score touchdowns in the red zone.

Predictions for the Broncos:
  • +1 in the turnover category
  • 2 touchdowns and 2 field goals
  • Yards on the ground - 90
  • Special teams should look solid (vs. last year's disaster)
  • Tight ends make an impact more than we've seen in 3 years around here
  • Keenum only gets sacked once
  • Broncos sack Wilson 3 times

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of heat, at kick off time tomorrow should be about 85. No chance of rain and only a very light wind.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of heat, at kick off time tomorrow should be about 85. No chance of rain and only a very light wind.

Except DC will be breaking wind around that time.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos need to get off to a fast start in this game. I miss the old glory days with Shanahan (before he lost it), when the Broncos would jump out to incredibly quick leads and then step on the throat of the opponent. The Seahawks will wear down toward the end of the game with the heat and altitude factors. We can't let them get any kind of lead early on. Keenum needs to get rid of the ball quickly and for God's sake, we need to score touchdowns in the red zone.

Predictions for the Broncos:
  • +1 in the turnover category
  • 2 touchdowns and 2 field goals
  • Yards on the ground - 90
  • Special teams should look solid (vs. last year's disaster)
  • Tight ends make an impact more than we've seen in 3 years around here
  • Keenum only gets sacked once
  • Broncos sack Wilson 3 times
Your talking Boise St Broncos I'm guessing cause the Denver Broncos I know rarely stepped on throats after big leads at halftime. Mostly they give up that lead in 2nd half and leave you with stress attacks. :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past two months here in Jersey the temperature was consistently hovering near triple digits ..

Today, it is cool - probably in the 50s right now - the sycamore is shedding its bark and the leaves are covering the lawn ..

It's feeling like football season

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL ?!?!?!

The Broncos are looking like they can beat teams in all three phases - what I'm looking forward to this season is the special teams turning it around .. Marquette King pinning offenses inside their own 10, Chubb, Miller and co dropping guys for a loss and forcing punts out of the endzone .. Case gets the ball at midfield, hits Sanders and all of a sudden we're in FG position ...

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your talking Boise St Broncos I'm guessing cause the Denver Broncos I know rarely stepped on throats after big leads at halftime. Mostly they give up that lead in 2nd half and leave you with stress attacks. :)

I'm talking about the 90's. That was an offensive football team!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remain aggressive the entire game (I don't care what the score is) - until you mathematically can run out the clock on a single possession.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately I just care about the win. I prefer comfortable wins but then again the 2015 team had us sweating it out pretty much every week and was perhaps one of the single most mentally tough teams to ever do it by the time they took apart the Panthers in SB50.

I also am hesitant to get too excited about any early success this team has. They looked good in a 2-0 start last year and even looked ok as they reached a 3-1 record at the quarter mark.

While I sincerely think this team is capable of a 10-6 or even 11-5 season with a solid playoff showing, I know a lot can go wrong too. Cautiously optimistic.

For today it’s Broncos over Seahawks 17-9.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately I just care about the win. I prefer comfortable wins but then again the 2015 team had us sweating it out pretty much every week and was perhaps one of the single most mentally tough teams to ever do it by the time they took apart the Panthers in SB50.

I also am hesitant to get too excited about any early success this team has. They looked good in a 2-0 start last year and even looked ok as they reached a 3-1 record at the quarter mark.

While I sincerely think this team is capable of a 10-6 or even 11-5 season with a solid playoff showing, I know a lot can go wrong too. Cautiously optimistic.

For today it’s Broncos over Seahawks 17-9.

Remember when the Broncos opened 6-0 under 1st year coach Josh McDaniels? That was some roller coaster ride - McDaniels tenure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dontae Johnson is out. Placed on IR.

Rookie Tre Flowers will start.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Broncos opened 6-0 under 1st year coach Josh McDaniels? That was some roller coaster ride - McDaniels tenure.

Goodness the only reason thinking about that era doesn’t cause me to cringe is because it set the Broncos up for some amazing stuff from 2011-2015!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think of the heaviest tension on the Broncos message board I think of the Josh McDaniels and Trevor Siemian era. Other than that we pretty much get along around here. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Fluker and KJ Wright both out for Seattle.

Wright might be the best cover LB in the NFL. That one hurts.

Earl Thomas expected to start.

Find Tre Flowers this game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos inactives

Kevin Hogan
Alexander "AJ" Johnson