• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weak SEC scheduling....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sucks

It's major bullshit actually. Mrs. State starts out 4 or 5-0, receives an overrated ranking, then runs into real competition and then proceeds to have their usual losing in-conference record and squeak in a shit bowl with a 6-6 or 7-6 record. He hasn't beaten a ranked team since he's been at MSU; not sure where the Mrs. State hype is coming from this year either. Kudos to LSU for scheduling good OOC teams.....

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes SEC critics feel better, Vandy is in the midst of being stomped into the ground. :noidea:

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's major bullshit actually. Mrs. State starts out 4 or 5-0, receives an overrated ranking, then runs into real competition and then proceeds to have their usual losing in-conference record and squeak in a shit bowl with a 6-6 or 7-6 record. He hasn't beaten a ranked team since he's been at MSU; not sure where the Mrs. State hype is coming from this year either. Kudos to LSU for scheduling good OOC teams.....

me either

is he getting credit for florida's NCs?

:noidea:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia with a bye week after 1 week? Lmao

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weak sauce. It wasn't nearly as amusing as USC taking two bye weeks in Sept in 2008...including week 2.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC doesn't play non-conference games on the road unless it's a neutral site in the south at the start of the season. You don't see them playing in Madison Wisconsin or Ann Arbor Michigan during the BCS era. Now that strength of schedule is going to become a component of the new playoffs a few SEC teams with the balls to do it are playing home and home series against teams like Notre Dame and USC.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC with a byte after week 3 and then week 9 ... who seriously gives a fuck? It's just the way the schedule goes some times. Living rent free in your mind when you think about us when we have a bye week. Just enjoy your win for god sake.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody even bother going to OR watching Bama today?

A 45-0 yawner. Not sure I would have stayed awake there and purchased a hot dog before the end of regulation.

I'm sure the Pay-per-view Monday Night will rake in more than the gate did today.

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC doesn't play non-conference games on the road unless it's a neutral site in the south at the start of the season. You don't see them playing in Madison Wisconsin or Ann Arbor Michigan during the BCS era. Now that strength of schedule is going to become a component of the new playoffs a few SEC teams with the balls to do it are playing home and home series against teams like Notre Dame and USC.
Yawn ... UGa played at ASU, Colorado, and OkState in the past decade ... all H&H. In addition to that, we play GaTech every year, just finished a H&H with Clemson, and just scheduled a H&H with Notre Dame. We obviously were scheduling like a man before the new playoff, so I am confident we will continue to do so. You might want to check your facts a little better next time.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC with a byte after week 3 and then week 9 ... who seriously gives a fuck? It's just the way the schedule goes some times. Living rent free in your mind when you think about us when we have a bye week. Just enjoy your win for god sake.

Lol I just happened to see it flash on screen rest of TOP 10 played while they had a bye. Don't act like it wasn't some strategic move made to setup a break between "tough games" Clemson and south Carolina. South Carolina struggled with ECU most of game so shouldn't be a challenge. Interesting to see how the rankings come out this week if they are full of sec bias

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I just happened to see it flash on screen rest of TOP 10 played while they had a bye. Don't act like it wasn't some strategic move made to setup a break between "tough games" Clemson and south Carolina. South Carolina struggled with ECU most of game so shouldn't be a challenge. Interesting to see how the rankings come out this week if they are full of sec bias
Like I said, rent free in your mind if that is what you are thinking about today. Please tell us the evil motive behind USC taking its byes when you are taking them.

Think about ... this year we open with Clemson and USCe, and last year we opened with Clemson, USCe, and LSU all in the first 4 weeks. Like I said ... who gives a fuck if for some reason we got a bye this year in week 2? Go enjoy your win.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn ... UGa played at ASU, Colorado, and OkState in the past decade ... all H&H. In addition to that, we play GaTech every year, just finished a H&H with Clemson, and just scheduled a H&H with Notre Dame. We obviously were scheduling like a man before the new playoff, so I am confident we will continue to do so. You might want to check your facts a little better next time.

Lol @ Georgia Tech being some solid school. State rival I guess. Not anyone better in the state. Shows more about your state. Fresno would beat Georgia Tech

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Georgia Tech being some solid school. State rival I guess. Not anyone better in the state. Shows more about your state. Fresno would beat Georgia Tech
I would love to have GaTech lose every game they play, including Fresno State.

Noticed you didn't have shit to say about the rest of our OOC scheduling. As for GaTech, they are down now, but had a NC in 1990 (make me barf), and have won the ACC a few years. Plus its a instate grudge match that you never know how it will turn out.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's get real for just a minute...

Since you used Wisc and Michigan as an example, let's examine who actually does play in Ann Arbor and Madison.

Well, would you look at that, the only P5 teams that have played in Ann Arbor in the last ten years are Vanderbilt and Oregon...other than that it is Directional Michigan teams, Bowling Green and the Appy States of the world...oh and Notre Dame, who's been propping up the Big 10 for years.

Well what about Wisconsin you say...well that is slightly better, they have played 3 P5 teams at Camp Randall in the last 10 years...Wash St, Arizona St and Oregon St. All perennial PAC powerhouses to be sure. Oh and of course the rest of the Madison visitors are your typical directional U's like Northern Illinois and Northern Iowa.

You would have to drop down to the bottom tier of the SEC (Vandy, Kentucky, Mrs St) before you would find a team with as few quality OOC opponents as the two examples you gave, but please, don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get real for just a minute...

Since you used Wisc and Michigan as an example, let's examine who actually does play in Ann Arbor and Madison.

Well, would you look at that, the only P5 teams that have played in Ann Arbor in the last ten years are Vanderbilt and Oregon...other than that it is Directional Michigan teams, Bowling Green and the Appy States of the world...oh and Notre Dame, who's been propping up the Big 10 for years.

Well what about Wisconsin you say...well that is slightly better, they have played 3 P5 teams at Camp Randall in the last 10 years...Wash St, Arizona St and Oregon St. All perennial PAC powerhouses to be sure. Oh and of course the rest of the Madison visitors are your typical directional U's like Northern Illinois and Northern Iowa.

You would have to drop down to the bottom tier of the SEC (Vandy, Kentucky, Mrs St) before you would find a team with as few quality OOC opponents as the two examples you gave, but please, don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Ya lost me after this...

Me Beavs have to wonder into Ann Arbor (2015) and then the BIG Horseshoe (2017) in like the next 3 years.

GTFO and "roll over and bite the pillow Tide". Maybe Lamar has an "open slot" for your sorry asses to "pour the auger into" in the near future.