• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking SEC Programs based on Coaching Attractiveness

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit disappointed this thread wasn't a bunch of SEC fans arguing about whose coach is the hottest.

You won't hear an argument from me

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop Alabama a bit lower. You DO NOT want to be the coach that follows Saban.

Bama's stubborn awesomeness just amazes me. How Saban can keep his dominance over CFB has to be more in how he shapes the players from day 1 and only secondarily his recruiting prowess. You just don't know how some of these kids are going to develop. But even with young players, they're prepared by game 1.

Whatever he's doing, it's too genius and he needs to gtfo!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's stubborn awesomeness just amazes me. How Saban can keep his dominance over CFB has to be more in how he shapes the players from day 1 and only secondarily his recruiting prowess. You just don't know how some of these kids are going to develop. But even with young players, they're prepared by game 1.

Whatever he's doing, it's too genius and he needs to gtfo!

The motherfucker is getting some age on him, and he has a real nice house on Lake Rabun in northeast GA. Just retire and go fishing, you ornery sumbitch.

But Saban is the best recruiter in football history, and he surrounds himself with the best supporting cast out there(not just the coordinators, but his position and especially his strength and conditioning coaches are all top notch).

I think Butch Jones has proven you have to be able to do more than just recruit to have a winning program.

Saban is the GOAT as far as I'm concerned.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The motherfucker is getting some age on him, and he has a real nice house on Lake Rabun in northeast GA. Just retire and go fishing, you ornery sumbitch.

But Saban is the best recruiter in football history, and he surrounds himself with the best supporting cast out there(not just the coordinators, but his position and especially his strength and conditioning coaches are all top notch).

I think Butch Jones has proven you have to be able to do more than just recruit to have a winning program.

Saban is the GOAT as far as I'm concerned.

Every one of us has seen our team have a bad season. Urban sucked one year, even with Tebow, because Addazio was a horrible OC in the SEC. But that little bastard at Bama hasn't shown weakness for more than a rare game or two, usually in the emotional 'Barn game. His staff always has them ready.

I really hoped McElwain, after watching Saban as his OC, would have figured it out.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every one of us has seen our team have a bad season. Urban sucked one year, even with Tebow, because Addazio was a horrible OC in the SEC. But that little bastard at Bama hasn't shown weakness for more than a rare game or two, usually in the emotional 'Barn game. His staff always has them ready.

I really hoped McElwain, after watching Saban as his OC, would have figured it out.

2010 was Bama's only real down season since Saban got things rolling in 08 after his rough first season in 07, and even then they were a top 10 team.

Hopefully Kirby learned something from Saban after spending so many years as his right hand man.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take WVU all day long over Mizzou. Close to Ohio, western PA and DC. At Mizzou any recruits worth a damn have to come 1000 miles away.
Yeah but you're in WV and live with their fan base...shudder to think about it.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so did LSU. :heh:

Tennessee has sucked for the majority of these HS kids lives, so no it hasn't been as attractive lately, but that doesn't mean it'll never be again. Tennessee isn't one of the top 10 winningest programs for no reason. Butch Jones signed two top 5 recruiting classes, and that was when we were really bad.

Tennessee is coming off of back-to-back 9-win seasons, and actually has decent talent on the roster. Rebuilding wouldn't be nothing compared to what it was, when Tennessee was going 5-7 every year under Dooley. I'm sure coaches would view it as a much more attractive position now. Jones isn't the guy to get us back to competing for Championships, but he did get us out of the shithole we were in.
Don't take that guy too serious. He tried to call me a fake fan or whatever when I was at the Sugar Bowl last year, having fun, posting a hoop poll as to whether I should wear red or orange/blue.

@theboardref is the guy who show's up to a Saints vs Falcons game in a Jamarcus Russell LSU jersey.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take that guy too serious. He tried to call me a fake fan or whatever when I was at the Sugar Bowl last year, having fun, posting a hoop poll as to whether I should wear red or orange/blue.

@theboardref is the guy who show's up to a Saints vs Falcons game in a Jamarcus Russell LSU jersey.
NFL sucks, never cheer for a team that isn’t my own. Went to a Sugar Bowl in LSU swag in a game between VTech and Michigan.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly every team in the SEC can say that. Coaching is everything in CFB and the problem for programs like Missouri and Tennessee, we don't have it now.
Unless you include recruiting as a part of the coaching and do not separate the two, I have to disagree. While coaching is very important, I'd have to say recruiting trumps it...with the caveat that talent alone won't win it.

Bill Snyder doesn't have a natty because he's never had the talent to get one. But, he's a hell of a coach as evidenced by his peers acknowledging such. He's get as much as he can from his players. They just are talented enough to do much more.

As we go further and further into the CFP, a better case is being built that the pool of potential final four teams each year is determined on national signing day 4, 3, 2 and 1 years prior.Then we see which ones do something with all that talent and which ones mess it up. Not a recruiting guru, but right now I'd say TCU and Wisconsin are the only ones in the AP top 10 that didn't have top 20 recruiting classes in 2014-16.

Some of you recruiting guys help me out.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL sucks, never cheer for a team that isn’t my own. Went to a Sugar Bowl in LSU swag in a game between VTech and Michigan.

Wearing gear to a game that isn't gear of one of the two teams involved is pretty douchey and is getting pretty damn close to attention whore levels. If your team ain't playing, wear plain clothes.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit disappointed this thread wasn't a bunch of SEC fans arguing about whose coach is the hottest.
jen-bielema-vegas-594x594_crop_exact.jpg

Bret Bielema's wife, Jennifer Hielsberg.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Juice, but if Jawja doesn't go solid headcase (and I think it's a "leap year" for that) in the WLOCP, Mac doesn't have the stuff to eek it out this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you include recruiting as a part of the coaching and do not separate the two, I have to disagree. While coaching is very important, I'd have to say recruiting trumps it...with the caveat that talent alone won't win it.
I generally think the two go hand in hand but recruiting is obviously the most important thing in college sports. Much like how scouting is probably the most important thing in the NFL. Talented teams win.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt, completely disagree with this comment. Mizzou moved to the SEC to get better in football and will do so. They won the SEC East twice and were 1 win away from playing for national Title since joining SEC. Was also a win away for playing for national title in 2007. Mizzou has enough talent on this current team to win 8 games, problem right now is pathetic coaching. Odom is way over his head. Mizzou needs a big time coach.
They won the SEC East twice with Big 12 recruiting.

There are some coaching issues on Mizzou for sure. I also think there has been a small amount of progress recently but the Tigers haven't taken advantage of things. I wouldn't be shocked if Mizzou makes it to 5 wins even with how abysmal things have been.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Juice, but if Jawja doesn't go solid headcase (and I think it's a "leap year" for that) in the WLOCP, Mac doesn't have the stuff to eek it out this year.

Why? We soundly defeated your Vols more convincingly than the Joja white trash did!

:bolt: