• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sec weak 1 or TBD ...lol

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put that up against you. Alabama was playing home and home against oklahoma in the early 2000's. Were playing Clemson (Before Dabo) when they were 8th in the nation, led by the studs of Davis and Spiller (Bama was ranked 24th). Since then, they scheduled a major program to start the year every year up until recently.
The annual Ga Tech game is something Bama has to match, and then a few years where they play something like GaTech, Clemson and Texas in the same year. But, they, like Auburn, are scheduling at least one good OOC every year ... good to see. Good for college football.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look pretty solid through 2028, but keep going after that. Also, add a Ga Tech level P5 every year (I know, the jokes write themselves), and throw in a couple seasons with 3 P5 OOC and then you might match up with our OOC.
I may not be remembering but when was the last time you scheduled 3 P5’s in one year

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The annual Ga Tech game is something Bama has to match, and then a few years where they play something like GaTech, Clemson and Texas in the same year. But, they, like Auburn, are scheduling at least one good OOC every year ... good to see. Good for college football.

Correct - certainly when you are discussing OCC, you have to understand that UF, UGA, and South Carolina have their rival as an OCC, so it's a permenant fixture

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may not be remembering but when was the last time you scheduled 3 P5’s in one year
They did most of this in the past year ... check out 2028, 2029

2019: Notre Dame, at Georgia Tech
2020: vs. Virginia (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2021: at Georgia Tech
2022: vs. Oregon (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2023: at Oklahoma, at Georgia Tech
2024: vs. Clemson (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2025: at UCLA, at Georgia Tech
2026: UCLA, Georgia Tech
2027: at Florida State, at Georgia Tech
2028: Florida State, at Texas, Georgia Tech
2029: Texas, at Clemson, at Georgia Tech

2030: Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2031: Oklahoma, Georgia Tech
2032: Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2033: at Clemson, Georgia Tech

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last point is the problem for me ... I've done the travel circuit for years, especially when my sons were young. But with a 60" TV, my smoker in the back, and the ability to see my game and several other good ones in an air conditioned house and my recliner, it makes it more and more difficult to justify the cost. I'm pretty much where I just go to the really big games and pay premium price to get great seats.
Exactly

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look pretty solid through 2028, but keep going after that. Also, add a Ga Tech level P5 every year (I know, the jokes write themselves), and throw in a couple seasons with 3 P5 OOC and then you might match up with our OOC.
I'd love to play tech every year so why don't you guys drop them and do us a solid. I miss the wreck tech pajama parade.

What I'd like to see is the SEC do a cross over with the Big 12. SC, UGA, Fla and KY have a percent ACC opponent that leaves 10 of us that rotate Big 12 teams.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 06-15, top to bottom the SEC was strong. The bowl record was 64-32, including 7-2 in BCS title games, 2-1 in the CFP, and 3-5 in other BCS games. That’s still 52-24 in games involving SEC teams other than the top 2 teams.

Given a total of 128 SEC teams, that means in a given year on average half of the conference won a bowl and another fourth lost one. The idea that it was a few teams each year carrying the mail is just wrong.
06-15 guarantee you could go through and disprove it year by year.
06 Miss State Ole Miss vandy and Alabama were the the bottom. non of these teams were strong. even Bama went to a bowl and lost to Oklahoma State.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UF is getting better with their OOC. Most fans love it. Still typically have some scrubs though.

sanction

Bama Don’t Care
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a lot of flack about posting sec stuff … but in reality I just post the truth ...for example

SEC Scheduling is even worse this year

… even with scheduling all those FCS teams -- some teams like Arkansas and Tennessee play no road games in their OOC … AND neither plays1 Power 5 opponents in their OOC

… Sec plays around 56 OOC games … only 6 will be played in their opponents home Stadium.

weak1 the sec was humiliated
… The allegedly best conference had nonconference losses to Wyoming, Memphis, North Carolina, and Georgia State. It should be noted sec was favored by double-digits in 3 of those games

Some are starting to think sec is just top heavy.
It is all true... you can look it up

Don’t you like Longhorns?

You will know how much you can run your dick
sucker pretty soon.

It begs the question?

Why do this to yourself?

You seem to be a weak person.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UF is getting better with their OOC. Most fans love it. Still typically have some scrubs though.
:suds:to you. Those fans that say they don't mind their team scheduling those scrub games are either rationalizing, tryinn to justify them or flat out lying.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to play tech every year so why don't you guys drop them and do us a solid. I miss the wreck tech pajama parade.

What I'd like to see is the SEC do a cross over with the Big 12. SC, UGA, Fla and KY have a percent ACC opponent that leaves 10 of us that rotate Big 12 teams.

Having been to a wreck tech pajama parade at Auburn, I concur. Especially since PJ's for women have become much better since the 80's

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:to you. Those fans that say they don't mind their team scheduling those scrub games are either rationalizing, tryinn to justify them or flat out lying.
I've read some fans saying there is no reason to have tough OOC games since the SEC is tough enough.

But I want exciting games that can give a sense of pride and perhaps bragging rights. Not 60-0 victories against East Southwestern State University - North Campus.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple that with dwindling interest from today's youth, expect to see attendance continue to drop as those of us do as we do. Scheduling bigger games is the only way to go. I ain't paying and driving to see Murray State or Arkansas State.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t you like Longhorns?

You will know how much you can run your dick
sucker pretty soon.

It begs the question?

Why do this to yourself?

You seem to be a weak person.
Wow great response ... staying on point to the facts presented without using foul language nor calling names. Your counter points regarding how great sec scheduling is was a nice touch.

Meanwhile- I notice this week:

Longhorns play LSU in a OOC Game
Alabama plays New Mexico St in a OOC game (I’m sure you just forgot to point that out)

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow great response ... staying on point to the facts presented without using foul language nor calling names. Your counter points regarding how great sec scheduling is was a nice touch.

Meanwhile- I notice this week:

Longhorns play LSU in a OOC Game
Alabama plays New Mexico St in a OOC game (I’m sure you just forgot to point that out)
Playing LSU... like Alabama does every season. Cool insults bro.

Can you stop being a Chiefs fan please?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
06 Miss State Ole Miss vandy and Alabama were the the bottom. non of these teams were strong. even Bama went to a bowl and lost to Oklahoma State.

That doesn’t disprove anything. You can find individual teams each year that weren’t that good. The conference as a whole still was stronger top to bottom than any.

That 06 Bama team that you use as an example is a weak one. They were 2-6 in the SEC and still beat a Hawaii team that ended the year ranked.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How does that disprove anything he just said. You are arguing a statement he didn't make.

Alabama finished in a tie for 9th place in the 12 team SEC in 2006.

That would have been the equivalent of Washington State or Arizona. The finished 7 and 8th in the Pac-10.

Not a fan of transitive, but these are hard to argue.

Washington St 14 Auburn 40
Arizona 3 LSU 45
Alabama 15 Auburn 22
Alabama 14 LSU 28

I would take my chances on Alabama beating either of these teams.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple that with dwindling interest from today's youth, expect to see attendance continue to drop as those of us do as we do. Scheduling bigger games is the only way to go. I ain't paying and driving to see Murray State or Arkansas State.
It sure seems that ADs only care about TV money and don't really give a hoot how many people are in the stands.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing LSU... like Alabama does every season. Cool insults bro.

Can you stop being a Chiefs fan please?

Congratulations to Alabama for playing their Conference Schedule ...

AND my compliment to Alabama for also scheduling in their OOC:
Duke
New Mexico State
Southern Miss
and the Mighty FCS team Western Carolina …

Making Alabama in to Bottom 5 easiest schedule in FBS football...

But you are mistaken … not "insults" I am posting the truth … lol --- That is why it is so much fun …. I do not have to make stuff up … I just need to research the facts

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Alabama for playing their Conference Schedule ...

AND my compliment to Alabama for also scheduling in their OOC:
Duke
New Mexico State
Southern Miss
and the Mighty FCS team Western Carolina …

Making Alabama in to Bottom 5 easiest schedule in FBS football...

But you are mistaken … not "insults" I am posting the truth … lol --- That is why it is so much fun …. I do not have to make stuff up … I just need to research the facts
Alabama plays LSU every season... on rare occasions, twice.
Texas plays LSU every 25 years.

Great job Texas! Bad Alabama!

ROTFL!