• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sec weak 1 or TBD ...lol

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Water's wet, dude. The mid to lower SEC got spanked badly. Do you really think you were breaking a new ground there? You want a cookie? Do you regularly come here and post obvious shit and look for a pat on the back? SMH.
except for years we heard "top to bottom" and how the lower SEC teams would win other conferences. or about how 12-1 USC loses to 9-4 Oregon State and it USC was exposed but 13-1 Florida loses to 9-4 Ole Miss and it shows balance and competitiveness of the SEC.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a lot of flack about posting sec stuff … but in reality I just post the truth ...for example

SEC Scheduling is even worse this year

… even with scheduling all those FCS teams -- some teams like Arkansas and Tennessee play no road games in their OOC … AND neither plays1 Power 5 opponents in their OOC

… Sec plays around 56 OOC games … only 6 will be played in their opponents home Stadium.

weak1 the sec was humiliated
… The allegedly best conference had nonconference losses to Wyoming, Memphis, North Carolina, and Georgia State. It should be noted sec was favored by double-digits in 3 of those games

Some are starting to think sec is just top heavy.
It is all true... you can look it up

All those teams are towards the bottom of the SEC.

Tennessee
Arkansas
Ole Piss
South Carolina
Missouri

Other than Kentucky that is the bottom of the SEC. Losing to Georgia St is really embarrassing though, I expected TN to be back but not this terrrible.

I would rather have a top heavy conference than one great team, mediocre teams then still have your shit teams. The ACC is one team heavy. The PAC has Washington...we though Oregon. They have a lot of mediocre teams and then you have the bottom of their conference. The B1G right now might be the strongest conference in football, but the SEC is right there.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh as the season continues I shall ...

I noticed no one has bothered to say I was wrong in my truthful statements ...
tenor.gif

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, but how many threads do we need for the same topic? Don’t be redundant, because then you become useless

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a lot of flack about posting sec stuff … but in reality I just post the truth ...for example

SEC Scheduling is even worse this year

… even with scheduling all those FCS teams -- some teams like Arkansas and Tennessee play no road games in their OOC … AND neither plays1 Power 5 opponents in their OOC

… Sec plays around 56 OOC games … only 6 will be played in their opponents home Stadium.

weak1 the sec was humiliated
… The allegedly best conference had nonconference losses to Wyoming, Memphis, North Carolina, and Georgia State. It should be noted sec was favored by double-digits in 3 of those games

Some are starting to think sec is just top heavy.
It is all true... you can look it up
Well then. Those six obviously failed the SEC scheduling class in "Don't play an OOC opponent away from home." They need a remedial class.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except for years we heard "top to bottom" and how the lower SEC teams would win other conferences. or about how 12-1 USC loses to 9-4 Oregon State and it USC was exposed but 13-1 Florida loses to 9-4 Ole Miss and it shows balance and competitiveness of the SEC.
For years that was true (not the crazy stuff, but the best from top to bottom argument), except for the very bottom. This ain't one of those years, thus far into week 1.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically he posts regularly in the aftermath of a Bama, Florida, or TAMU loss. His next tier of concern is ANY SEC team losing. “ His team” is Texas, though I sincerely doubt he could find Austin on a map.

His other common element is “quoting” people on what they never said, and then boasting about how he “refuted” their arguments.

IOW, he’s your garden variety message board troll.
Good to know ... Ignore button use will come in handy.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years that was true (not the crazy stuff, but the best from top to bottom argument), except for the very bottom. This ain't one of those years, thus far into week 1.
Meh, I'm one that believes too many take things to extremes. I don't think the bottom of the SEC will end up being as bad as is being perceived right now. So some of 'em had some really bad clunkers to start off. It happens. I saw some pretty bad wins from P5 teams in the first week as well.

On the other end, I don't think the bottom of the SEC was as good as perceived in those previous years you referenced. Good but not as good as hyped.

Another example is the over the top thoughts that the ACC is bad outside of Clemson. THey ain't as bad as perceived.

JMO

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse:

In all seriousness, yes the SEC Scheduling has been weak outside of a few.

I can't vouch for all schools, but I will say Alabama is changing the way they do things. All these Chick-fil-a KO Classics are a shit ton of money, and we don't get to pick our opponent, so we got Duke.

Same last year but instead we were blessed with Louisville.

In the recent past though, Bama has played Michigan, USC, Clemson, and Penn State, and to hopefully continue the trend, Bama has scheduled...

USC (2020)
Miami (2021)
at Texas (2022)
Texas (2023)
and we have home/home with Wisconsin, USC, and West Virigina on the books.
Bama isn't the SEC team out ahead of the OOC scheduling ... that's UGA. Bama until recently loved the one and done neutral site games (which I also like). But, UGA has been scheduling great OOC home and home series for a while now, and our future OOC is crazy:

2019: Notre Dame, at Georgia Tech
2020: vs. Virginia (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2021: at Georgia Tech
2022: vs. Oregon (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2023: at Oklahoma, at Georgia Tech
2024: vs. Clemson (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2025: at UCLA, at Georgia Tech
2026: UCLA, Georgia Tech
2027: at Florida State, at Georgia Tech
2028: Florida State, at Texas, Georgia Tech
2029: Texas, at Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2030: Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2031: Oklahoma, Georgia Tech
2032: Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2033: at Clemson, Georgia Tech

We've also done Home and Home in the past decade with ASU, Colorado, and Notre Dame, with neutral sites against Boise State (ouch), and UNC. Evidently we have at least one more to be announced soon - hearing a lot that it might be USC, or a B1G team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious...not ragging...why do you prefer neutral site games over home and home?

I've seen others that feel the same way but I just don't get it.

From a financial perspective, those neutral site games pay the schools more money than they make on home and homes.

I used to be against neutral site games until I learned that. I still prefer home and homes because the neutral site games can be cost and/or time prohibitive for a lot of fans. But I do understand why schools play them.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but no. 2007 9-4 Florida wasnt just walking in and winning against Oregon, USC, Missouri, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, BC, Ohio State and Michigan in fact Michigan beat Florida in their bowl game.
9-4 Ole Miss wasnt just walking over Texas, Nebraska, Oregon, Ohio State, Iowa, Georgia Tech and Virginia tech in 2009
pick a year and the its all the same

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious...not ragging...why do you prefer neutral site games over home and home?

I've seen others that feel the same way but I just don't get it.
As a fan, I don't necessarily prefer one over the other. I travel to a lot of away games - instead of getting STs which would cost a ton for crappy seats, I spend a ton on away games and really good seats. Going to Atlanta (I don't live in Ga any more) is always fun. I'd love to go to Jerry's world, wouldn't want to do Orlando or Jax. So those are fine. But, I've been to Phoenix, Boulder, ND OOC in the past years, and away at Ole Miss, Mizzou, LSU, etc. I can't wait to go to Austin, Tally, Norman for those away games. So, all away games are good for me.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm one that believes too many take things to extremes. I don't think the bottom of the SEC will end up being as bad as is being perceived right now. So some of 'em had some really bad clunkers to start off. It happens. I saw some pretty bad wins from P5 teams in the first week as well.

On the other end, I don't think the bottom of the SEC was as good as perceived in those previous years you referenced. Good but not as good as hyped.

Another example is the over the top thoughts that the ACC is bad outside of Clemson. THey ain't as bad as perceived.

JMO
The bottom is never good enough. People saying that the bottom of the SEC could win other conferences were just trolling sports boards. But, there have been years where we went 9-2, 10-2 in bowl season, and the SEC was damn good 8+ teams deep. And, in my opinion, our top 6 historically - and I stress the word historically - have always been better than any other conferences' top 6. I mean Pac has USC, B1G has UM and tOSU, the B12 is UT and OU, and the ACC has, let's say, 3 with Miami, FSU and Clemson. But, the SEC has AU, UA, UF, UT, LSU and UGA. 5 of those have won NCs in the last 20 years, the only other conference close being the ACC with 3.

Separate the trolls - no, the middle or bottom of the SEC in a given year isn't winning the PAC. That's always been crazy talk, IMO.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom is never good enough. People saying that the bottom of the SEC could win other conferences were just trolling sports boards. But, there have been years where we went 9-2, 10-2 in bowl season, and the SEC was damn good 8+ teams deep. And, in my opinion, our top 6 historically - and I stress the word historically - have always been better than any other conferences' top 6. I mean Pac has USC, B1G has UM and tOSU, the B12 is UT and OU, and the ACC has, let's say, 3 with Miami, FSU and Clemson. But, the SEC has AU, UA, UF, UT, LSU and UGA. 5 of those have won NCs in the last 20 years, the only other conference close being the ACC with 3.

Separate the trolls - no, the middle or bottom of the SEC in a given year isn't winning the PAC. That's always been crazy talk, IMO.

From 06-15, top to bottom the SEC was strong. The bowl record was 64-32, including 7-2 in BCS title games, 2-1 in the CFP, and 3-5 in other BCS games. That’s still 52-24 in games involving SEC teams other than the top 2 teams.

Given a total of 128 SEC teams, that means in a given year on average half of the conference won a bowl and another fourth lost one. The idea that it was a few teams each year carrying the mail is just wrong.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 06-15, top to bottom the SEC was strong. The bowl record was 64-32, including 7-2 in BCS title games, 2-1 in the CFP, and 3-5 in other BCS games. That’s still 52-24 in games involving SEC teams other than the top 2 teams.

Given a total of 128 SEC teams, that means in a given year on average half of the conference won a bowl and another fourth lost one. The idea that it was a few teams each year carrying the mail is just wrong.
As to what happened starting in 16 ... Saban happened. He basically chased every coach out of the SEC ... Urban, Miles, Spurrier, Richt, Beliemia, etc. In 2018, the SEC was breaking in 5 new coaches, and only four of the SEC's 14 coaches had more than two full seasons of experience in their current positions. During that run from 06-15 the coaching in the SEC was the best, but now it is in full flux because you just can't get through Bama.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t playing a P5 OOC this year (and didn’t last year) because Michigan backed out on us.

We played @ Colorado State last year and have @ Notre Dame next year.

Michigan wanted to strengthen their SOS, so we dropped Arkansas and added Middle Tennessee State.