• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sec weak 1 or TBD ...lol

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a financial perspective, those neutral site games pay the schools more money than they make on home and homes.

I used to be against neutral site games until I learned that. I still prefer home and homes because the neutral site games can be cost and/or time prohibitive for a lot of fans. But I do understand why schools play them.
There is a recruiting and exposure angle as well. I've never understood why neutral field games are considered bad. It's basically a pre-season bowl game often with better match-ups.

Finding space for a home and home can take scheduling 5 years in the future sometimes, isn't it better to just get it on?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama isn't the SEC team out ahead of the OOC scheduling ... that's UGA. Bama until recently loved the one and done neutral site games (which I also like). But, UGA has been scheduling great OOC home and home series for a while now, and our future OOC is crazy:

2019: Notre Dame, at Georgia Tech
2020: vs. Virginia (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2021: at Georgia Tech
2022: vs. Oregon (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2023: at Oklahoma, at Georgia Tech
2024: vs. Clemson (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2025: at UCLA, at Georgia Tech
2026: UCLA, Georgia Tech
2027: at Florida State, at Georgia Tech
2028: Florida State, at Texas, Georgia Tech
2029: Texas, at Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2030: Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2031: Oklahoma, Georgia Tech
2032: Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2033: at Clemson, Georgia Tech

We've also done Home and Home in the past decade with ASU, Colorado, and Notre Dame, with neutral sites against Boise State (ouch), and UNC. Evidently we have at least one more to be announced soon - hearing a lot that it might be USC, or a B1G team.

I'd put that up against you. Alabama was playing home and home against oklahoma in the early 2000's. Were playing Clemson (Before Dabo) when they were 8th in the nation, led by the studs of Davis and Spiller (Bama was ranked 24th). Since then, they scheduled a major program to start the year every year up until recently.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a financial perspective, those neutral site games pay the schools more money than they make on home and homes.

I used to be against neutral site games until I learned that. I still prefer home and homes because the neutral site games can be cost and/or time prohibitive for a lot of fans. But I do understand why schools play them.
Also evidently it gives PAC teams a built in excuse of "it was a road game". So you guys can't loose no matter what happens.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama isn't the SEC team out ahead of the OOC scheduling ... that's UGA. Bama until recently loved the one and done neutral site games (which I also like). But, UGA has been scheduling great OOC home and home series for a while now, and our future OOC is crazy:

2019: Notre Dame, at Georgia Tech
2020: vs. Virginia (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2021: at Georgia Tech
2022: vs. Oregon (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2023: at Oklahoma, at Georgia Tech
2024: vs. Clemson (Atlanta), Georgia Tech
2025: at UCLA, at Georgia Tech
2026: UCLA, Georgia Tech
2027: at Florida State, at Georgia Tech
2028: Florida State, at Texas, Georgia Tech
2029: Texas, at Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2030: Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2031: Oklahoma, Georgia Tech
2032: Clemson, at Georgia Tech
2033: at Clemson, Georgia Tech

We've also done Home and Home in the past decade with ASU, Colorado, and Notre Dame, with neutral sites against Boise State (ouch), and UNC. Evidently we have at least one more to be announced soon - hearing a lot that it might be USC, or a B1G team.
Auburn's OOC current and future matches up with anyone in the SEC.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a recruiting and exposure angle as well. I've never understood why neutral field games are considered bad. It's basically a pre-season bowl game often with better match-ups.

Finding space for a home and home can take scheduling 5 years in the future sometimes, isn't it better to just get it on?

I agree. I just prefer the options that allow the most "real fans" (for lack of a better word). Plus, if you travel, you get to see the other schools game day traditions, how they tailgate, etc. We also get 2 games, instead of just 1.

Like I said, I get why schools play them and I do agree that sometimes it's just better to get the teams on the field asap, especially when we know both are going to be good.

But given the choice, I prefer home and home over neutral site. As a fan, I'm far more interested in going to Tuscaloosa, or Columbus, etc., etc. than I am Jerrah World.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse:

In all seriousness, yes the SEC Scheduling has been weak outside of a few.

I can't vouch for all schools, but I will say Alabama is changing the way they do things. All these Chick-fil-a KO Classics are a shit ton of money, and we don't get to pick our opponent, so we got Duke.

Same last year but instead we were blessed with Louisville.

In the recent past though, Bama has played Michigan, USC, Clemson, and Penn State, and to hopefully continue the trend, Bama has scheduled...

USC (2020)
Miami (2021)
at Texas (2022)
Texas (2023)
and we have home/home with Wisconsin, USC, and West Virigina on the books.
Yep...agree their past scheduling was nothing to write home about (rarely, if ever, setting foot on campus of opponent) but can't change the past....good for them changing future scheduling.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...agree their past scheduling was nothing to write home about (rarely, if ever, setting foot on campus of opponent) but can't change the past....good for them changing future scheduling.

Two things I loveeeee to see.

Michigan State coming to the desert to play ASU. Mad respct.

And I'd love to play up in East Lansing when it's cold as shit, but instead the game is next week when the temp is still good.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years that was true (not the crazy stuff, but the best from top to bottom argument), except for the very bottom. This ain't one of those years, thus far into week 1.
Hasn't been true probably a half decade or longer.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I just prefer the options that allow the most "real fans" (for lack of a better word). Plus, if you travel, you get to see the other schools game day traditions, how they tailgate, etc. We also get 2 games, instead of just 1.

Like I said, I get why schools play them and I do agree that sometimes it's just better to get the teams on the field asap, especially when we know both are going to be good.

But given the choice, I prefer home and home over neutral site. As a fan, I'm far more interested in going to Tuscaloosa, or Columbus, etc., etc. than I am Jerrah World.
At this point I more likely to travel to a neutral site big venue and make a trip out of it.

I’d go to Michigan, tOSU, ND, Penn State (that one is actually scheduled in the future).

I’ve done the SEC & ACC circuit plus Texas. Skipped WV, Kansas State and a few others.

Mostly just do bowls if it’s interesting or close or SEC Championship. But I did the game thing for over 30 years and it’s super nice to watch from home and see other games.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but no. 2007 9-4 Florida wasnt just walking in and winning against Oregon, USC, Missouri, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, BC, Ohio State and Michigan in fact Michigan beat Florida in their bowl game.
9-4 Ole Miss wasnt just walking over Texas, Nebraska, Oregon, Ohio State, Iowa, Georgia Tech and Virginia tech in 2009
pick a year and the its all the same

Didn't you just lose to Auburn...they were 8-5 last year when they beat Washington, they might get to 9 wins this year. They will finish no better than 3rd in the West and no better than 5th in the SEC. Where is Oregon going to finish in the PAC?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I more likely to travel to a neutral site big venue and make a trip out of it.

I’d go to Michigan, tOSU, ND, Penn State (that one is actually scheduled in the future).

I’ve done the SEC & ACC circuit plus Texas. Skipped WV, Kansas State and a few others.

Mostly just do bowls if it’s interesting or close or SEC Championship. But I did the game thing for over 30 years and it’s super nice to watch from home and see other games.

I'm the same. I did the Louisville game last year because I live in Tampa, but I like watching multiples from my recliner. I have lived in 10 states, so I have a lot of friends that are fans of other teams, so I am more likely to hit a game with one of them that is against their rival, rather than Alabama. Alabama vs USC is always going to be good, but it will never be USC vs Notre Dame, Just as Notre Dame vs Alabama is never going to be the Iron Bowl.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you just lose to Auburn...they were 8-5 last year when they beat Washington, they might get to 9 wins this year. They will finish no better than 3rd in the West and no better than 5th in the SEC. Where is Oregon going to finish in the PAC?
Oregon and Cal beat washington too. doesnt mean they would have beat those teams last year along with Stanford Utah and WSU

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 UCF > 2017 Bama confirmed.

DayDrinkinginDurham

Healed Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if the majority of each power 5 conference isn't filled with irrelevant schools. There has never been less parity in college football than today, each power 5 has one, MAYBE two schools that can actually be competitive each year. The SEC is no exception.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you ever make the Michigan trip, let me know. I used to go to every home game, but have been only going to select few once my son was born.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your last point is the problem for me ... I've done the travel circuit for years, especially when my sons were young. But with a 60" TV, my smoker in the back, and the ability to see my game and several other good ones in an air conditioned house and my recliner, it makes it more and more difficult to justify the cost. I'm pretty much where I just go to the really big games and pay premium price to get great seats.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn's OOC current and future matches up with anyone in the SEC.
You look pretty solid through 2028, but keep going after that. Also, add a Ga Tech level P5 every year (I know, the jokes write themselves), and throw in a couple seasons with 3 P5 OOC and then you might match up with our OOC.