• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weak SEC scheduling....

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care if Alabama is last on such a stat. #1 in the stat that matters. SoS rankings over the years pretty much prove what I said about it being a meaningless label.

Alabama's SoS has dropped last year and this year, but beyond that has played top schedules. This year so far it's actually starting to look a little better on strength, but still too many lower rent FBS/FCS teams. Still, I have a feeling if Alabama wins out, or maybe even has only 1 loss, we'll be in the playoffs while you'll be talking about BCS opponents as if it means something.

It's a meaningless stat because it doesn't say anything about the frequency in which the top teams are played. And trying to pass off a stat that says playing Purdue every year is the same as playing Alabama every year is retarded.

Alabama's SOS has only improved at the end of the year, IN MOST YEARS, since 1992 when a CCG was installed and subsequent bowl game. Historically Alabama has had a weak SOS through out the years prior to such exhibitions

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's SOS has only improved at the end of the year, IN MOST YEARS, since 1992 when a CCG was installed and subsequent bowl game. Historically Alabama has had a weak SOS through out the years prior to such exhibitions

Well shit, I wish we went to the SECCG that often.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get that benefit because they have played more BCS opponents that any other major BCS program. unlike Alabama who, next to PSU has played the most NON-MAJOR opponents than any other BCS program

Not that I am calling bullshit, but source please?

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am calling bullshit, but source please?

just ignore him. alabama and auburn are similar. they try to schedule one "good" team per year in addition to their tough conference schedule.

alabama has done clemson, virginia tech, oklahoma, west virginia, penn state in recent memory
auburn has gone with clemson, kansas state, west virginia, washington state, and usc.

yes, alabama has had an easier conference slate recently because they are catching florida on the right years and their permanent rival, tennessee, has been down recently...

but annual games against LSU and Auburn alone make their schedule tougher to navigate than most when you consider more times than not, one of those teams has been either winning, playing for, or on the cusp of playing for a national title more often than not in recent memory.

and what other conference pits more 1v2, 1v3, 2v4, 3v5 type matchups more than the SEC CG?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent and/or Good Teams Scheduled by Conference:

Big 12: BYU, Tulsa
Big 10: Oregon, Notre Dame, VaTech
Pac 12: UTSA, Fresno St, Hawaii
ACC: Ohio State

SEC: ___________ :noidea:

San Jose State is better than over half of those teams :lol:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Spartans!

:nono:

I wouldn't be surprised if the first half was pretty close.

But yeah, SJSU beat Fresno and Hawaii last year......and beat BYU and UTSA the year before. Why no credit for the SEC? :noidea:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just ignore him. alabama and auburn are similar. they try to schedule one "good" team per year in addition to their tough conference schedule.

alabama has done clemson, virginia tech, oklahoma, west virginia, penn state in recent memory
auburn has gone with clemson, kansas state, west virginia, washington state, and usc.

yes, alabama has had an easier conference slate recently because they are catching florida on the right years and their permanent rival, tennessee, has been down recently...

but annual games against LSU and Auburn alone make their schedule tougher to navigate than most when you consider more times than not, one of those teams has been either winning, playing for, or on the cusp of playing for a national title more often than not in recent memory.

and what other conference pits more 1v2, 1v3, 2v4, 3v5 type matchups more than the SEC CG?

No other conference, ESPIN makes sure that happens. Didn't you see the countless stories regarding A &M after they beat a soon to be unranked USCe team, which caused the cattle, I mean AP & coaches to move them 10 spots

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

No other conference, ESPIN makes sure that happens. Didn't you see the countless stories regarding A &M after they beat a soon to be unranked USCe team, which caused the cattle, I mean AP & coaches to move them 10 spots

they beat them by 24 on the road. even if you don't think south carolina is one of the 25 best teams, it was a much more impressive performance than lighting up wyoming or college of charleston or north texas or someone like that.

and just curious... who was overrated in the 3v5 SEC championship game last year Auburn vs. Missouri? How about the 1v2 Alabama vs Florida game in 2009? Or the 2v3 Alabama vs Georgia game in 2012? Seriously, tell me who was the product of ESPN hype?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get that benefit because they have played more BCS opponents that any other major BCS program. unlike Alabama who, next to PSU has played the most NON-MAJOR opponents than any other BCS program

Damn, that sounds alot like a moral victory.

What else has it gotten USC? Trophy case is full of title game trophies, right?

One of these days when i am in Cali i got to stop by and see that building full of those trophies.:nod:

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC hasn't won a real national championship since the 70s. Their onepeat was vacated.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbie just implored FBS teams to quit scheduling FCS schools.

Hmmm....

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbie just implored FBS teams to quit scheduling FCS schools.

Hmmm....

Herbstreet: "do everyone a favor: quit scheduling these teams. No more Lamar, SamHouston State...the players dont want to play these games, the fans dont want to watch them..."

Pretty boy was pretty harsh today

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbstreet: "do everyone a favor: quit scheduling these teams. No more Lamar, SamHouston State...the players dont want to play these games, the fans dont want to watch them..."

Well, this way all of the weak sauce teams can say to the committee "GIVE US A PASS THIS YEAR...WE'LL DO BETTER IN THE FUTURE, WE PROMISE!"

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet none of them has the balls to schedule UNA. Last IA team that did lost.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree with him

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dan Mullen School of Weak Scheduling every year at Mrs. State:

Southern Miss
UAB
South Alabama