• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We have to move on from it

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm weirdly not that upset with this game. Yes, I'm extremely pissed with the last play call, but this game doesn't sting the way XL did. This SB will be a classic and we were in it until the end.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only stings because we care so much and were so close to winning. Can't turn that emotion off, and I actually think it's a good problem to have. The Bills lost 4 straight, but I say that's better than not going at all.

Knowing Mebane, Zach Miller, Jordan Hill, and P-Rich are back next year is source for optimism.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only stings because we care so much and were so close to winning. Can't turn that emotion off, and I actually think it's a good problem to have. The Bills lost 4 straight, but I say that's better than not going at all.

Knowing Mebane, Zach Miller, Jordan Hill, and P-Rich are back next year is source for optimism.

I think we'll dump Zach Miller. Not because he's bad, but because he's expensive and Luke Willson has been playing good lately.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over it. Winning it last year obviously helps. This had a lot of huge disasters we had to deal with and the team gutted it out. We can't keep getting as unlucky as we have with the injuries.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll dump Zach Miller. Not because he's bad, but because he's expensive and Luke Willson has been playing good lately.

Certainly wouldn't be the most surprising cut of all time or anything, but did he just re-structure before this season? Maybe that comes to roost in '15 if we keep him, but I'm not sure of the details on his deal. I do know he's a much better blocker with more reliable hands than Willlllson. I Luke more than I did a couple months back, but his hands are iffy or at least inconsistent. To me he has the John Carlson syndrome: if the throw isn't like right on the money, he's probably not catching it.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One positive out of the game is it showed our weaknesses. WR, pass rush, CB depth and RW throwing slants. PC and JS have been pretty good at going out and finding fixes for problems. We also still have pass protection issues as well.

Pats shut down our receivers in man defense. Will that change with P-Rich and Norwood? Is Matthews legit, or did we just abuse a nickel corner for a few plays?

I think Russ will be motivated to find a solution for his throws over the middle.

Hopefully Simon and Shead can turn a corner and get better.

Getting Mebane and Hill back will help.

O-Line? Who knows. I think they were the best line for running and that is the focus, or at least they tell us that is the focus.

Anyways, I see some positives to take away from this disaster.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly wouldn't be the most surprising cut of all time or anything, but did he just re-structure before this season? Maybe that comes to roost in '15 if we keep him, but I'm not sure of the details on his deal. I do know he's a much better blocker with more reliable hands than Willlllson. I Luke more than I did a couple months back, but his hands are iffy or at least inconsistent. To me he has the John Carlson syndrome: if the throw isn't like right on the money, he's probably not catching it.

Miller is a $4 million cap hit - and a $3 million savings if cut. I actually thought that his injury kind've proved his worth to the team, cause our TEs were nothing special without him.