• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We have gone from Division winner to worst team in the NFL

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the difference a year makes. To go from winning the NFC East to being the worst team in the NFL is quite the accomplishment. Everything that could have gone wrong did. The problem is, things will probably not get that much better.

1. We are going to have a regime change and its highly likely we will get a 1st time NFL head coach. It will take time to adjust for this.

2. The cap situation is good for the most part, sadly, its just not enough as the holes are too many at this point. In a perfect world, we require 9 new starters. Its not realistic to sign 9 starters.

I can't pinpoint every reason how we got this bad, but I think the situation is more grave than most of you admit. I honestly think it will be a miracle if we get 6 wins next year. The team is a total disaster minus a handful of position players. From the front office to the Special Teams coach, we have honestly hit rock bottom this time.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have gone from Division winner to worst team in the NFL

I know how you feel.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question was last year a fluke and have we always been bad?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly think it was a fluke. I think we are the typical 6-10 of the NFL.

In all honestly, the first correct move will be to hire a GM and move Allen to President. This will at least get us a foundation. I don't want another coach with total control and power. It doesn't work for this organization. You would think that we will eventually make some right decisions, given the fact that we have made a lot of bad ones in the recent past.

Step 1: Hire a GM/Move Allen to Team President
Step 2: Have GM hire coach
Step 3: Get some more talent on this team!!

It wont happen over night but its a good start.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think detroit lions

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. I really have no idea what dan is going to do. He may keep mike, but I doubt it. He may hire a GM, but my guess is morocco brown will be promoted to GM.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was a magical ride. The decision to keep Griffin in the game when he was obviously injured made a HUGE stamp on this season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This question sent bovey over the top this summer and I guess next year should confirm this question.....least you have RG3, Garcon and Morris

Valid question since you can't get away from 5 outta 6 years sitting in the basement.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe, but to be honest, I think the redskins had a. Perfect storm of bad shit happen to them that made them fall for first to worst. We all know what those factors are.

I don't think the redskins are as bad as they played this year, no. Teams that have great talent at wr, rb, te, lt, and qb aren't set up for 3 wins. They have the making of a great nucleus on offense, and need help at the oline, and a secondary wr, but honestly, the offense isn't the biggest issue.

Coaching, the secondary, and the dline are the issues. Case in point: today. The cowboys have had about two dozen more draft picks then the redskins over the course of the last five years or so, and thus they plug in their backups - George selvie being one of them - and they make plays. The redskins have a lot of draft picks, but where are they in their development?

Compton, Gettis, ribeye, Aldrick Robinson,

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet the falcons and texans feel the same way

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe, but to be honest, I think the redskins had a. Perfect storm of bad shit happen to them that made them fall for first to worst. We all know what those factors are.

I don't think the redskins are as bad as they played this year, no. Teams that have great talent at wr, rb, te, lt, and qb aren't set up for 3 wins. They have the making of a great nucleus on offense, and need help at the oline, and a secondary wr, but honestly, the offense isn't the biggest issue.

Coaching, the secondary, and the dline are the issues. Case in point: today. The cowboys have had about two dozen more draft picks then the redskins over the course of the last five years or so, and thus they plug in their backups - George selvie being one of them - and they make plays. The redskins have a lot of draft picks, but where are they in their development?

Compton, Gettis, ribeye, Aldrick Robinson,

Good points all around. I would add OLine to the "issues" you brought up. They haven't cut it all year to be honest. The offense is ahead of the defense with respect to talent. The draft and free agency should address the defense for the most part. We are in a bad spot because there just isn't enough money to fix the team next year.

The bottom line is that to fix the team, we must fix the foundation. The foundation of any NFL team is the front office. "Black Monday" needs to be a 24 hr day for Allen and company. Shanahan and ALL coaches must be shown the door and the search for GM must start immediately. Timing will be important because a GM must be in place before the coach and coaching staff. Some of these coaches will go quickly. For example, if we hire Jay Gruden, then we clearly must hire Rex Ryan or Jim Schwartz to run the defense. Coahces will go quickly, so the GM must be hired ASAP.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 4th and goal touchdown pretty much outlined the issues facing this team defensively. To be sure they are all good players.....just not good football players. Here's what I mean. On that play I'm betting that to a man they were all close to where they were taught to be as required by the defense called. Yet not one instinctively knew to protect the goal line nor to "put a hat" on every eligible receiver. BTW: where was the "spy" on T. Romo?

It is insulting to know that we have players who the coaches like enough to be confident that they will be where their assignments call for them to be, yet lack the football savvy to know that getting to their assigned spot might take them out of the play coming directly at them.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points all around. I would add OLine to the "issues" you brought up. They haven't cut it all year to be honest. The offense is ahead of the defense with respect to talent. The draft and free agency should address the defense for the most part. We are in a bad spot because there just isn't enough money to fix the team next year.

The bottom line is that to fix the team, we must fix the foundation. The foundation of any NFL team is the front office. "Black Monday" needs to be a 24 hr day for Allen and company. Shanahan and ALL coaches must be shown the door and the search for GM must start immediately. Timing will be important because a GM must be in place before the coach and coaching staff. Some of these coaches will go quickly. For example, if we hire Jay Gruden, then we clearly must hire Rex Ryan or Jim Schwartz to run the defense. Coahces will go quickly, so the GM must be hired ASAP.

Snyder will NOT hire a GM. He is about as likely to hire one as Jerry Jones. The coaches will get fired, new ones will be brought in. But we will NOT see a GM hired.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder will NOT hire a GM. He is about as likely to hire one as Jerry Jones. The coaches will get fired, new ones will be brought in. But we will NOT see a GM hired.

You don't have any idea what he will do.

He hired a gm already, in Allen, who isn't a talent evaluator.

If he hires a talent evaluator gm, and then gives Allen a new title, then the only thing he is doing differently this year is not letting his new coach have final say over personnel.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have any idea what he will do.

He hired a gm already, in Allen, who isn't a talent evaluator.

If he hires a talent evaluator gm, and then gives Allen a new title, then the only thing he is doing differently this year is not letting his new coach have final say over personnel.

In two weeks we will know wont we. But the first thing he did when he bought the team was fire the talent evaluator GM. What makes any one think he is going to hire some one who MIGHT tell him no? I just dont see it happening.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In two weeks we will know wont we. But the first thing he did when he bought the team was fire the talent evaluator GM. What makes any one think he is going to hire some one who MIGHT tell him no? I just dont see it happening.

When was that, 1996?

Who gives a fuck what he did in 1996?!?!

Are YOU the same person that you were in 1996?

If so, I feel sorry for you.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was that, 1996?

Who gives a fuck what he did in 1996?!?!

Are YOU the same person that you were in 1996?

If so, I feel sorry for you.

Aside from wishful thinking on some fans part, what has Snyder done to convince any one that he plans to hire a GM with actual player personnel powers?? All Im saying is, nothing he has done suggests he plans to hire a GM with those duties. Allen already holds the title of GM. I do expect the next coach wont have total say over the roster. Based on his past actions, I would love for some one to show me where Snyder seems inclined to get a GM and just sign the checks?? But like I said, we will know in about a week. If Shanahan gets fired, and we start interviewing coaches, well I think we will know that no GM is coming.