• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers in 4. Take it to the bank.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the perfect storm to create the Warriors. Everything...literally everything went right for the Warriors to be in the position they were in.

Mark Jackson preaching defense and letting Steph and Klay develop. Steph's ankle injury and below market deal. Cap spike. Jerry West not letting the front office trade Klay for K-Love. Drafting Draymond with their 3RD pick of that draft in the second round. The Knicks lowballing Kerr, when it was all but set he was going there and then him signing with the Warriors. Dwight Howard refusing to join the Warriors and then they pivoted to Andre Iguodala. Warriors signing Shaun Livingston to a MLE. Getting a resurrected Leandro Barbosa when he was essentially out of the league. David Lee getting injured which prompted Draymond into the starting lineup where he never relinquished his role.

I can go on and on. Everything worked out PERFECTLY for the Warriors.

Yeah, it always cracks me up when folks try to say that the Warriors "broke the league" with what they were able to pull off.

If even 1 of those things you mentioned doesn't happen, KD isn't a Warrior.

Something like that may happen again, but it's very unlikely that it will in any of our lifetimes.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Green was right in his little tantrum when he told Durant “we don’t need you”
GS has enough weapons to win a title without KD. I think they have a better offense without him as well. They move better, get more open shots... They lose a bit on defense he is a tall player when guarding a SG to shoot over.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can really see what the other guys give up with the iso plays they run through Durant. Without him it's constant movement and empowering guys to shoot the ball if they think they have a good look they can hit. But Durant has an unstoppable shot and you have to go to it.
Some what of a bitter sweet situation. Very nice to have a luxury in the form of a player of Durant's caliber. But, bitter because of what they give up to let Durant be Durant for stretches - which is the best player in basketball.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically every option is still on the table....lol. Way to go out on a limb there.
Gotta learn to read. One's a "maybe" and one's a "certainty"

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling here, honestly asking. After you've been shown over and over to have no understanding of the Warriors, when you make comments that are obviously incorrect like this one, are you aware they are incorrect and looking to start something? Or do you really believe these things that are obviously false?[/QUOTE]
Its spot on. Lose and its over for the Blazers; win tonight and they could win the series with home court advantage

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS has enough weapons to win a title without KD. I think they have a better offense without him as well. They move better, get more open shots... They lose a bit on defense he is a tall player when guarding a SG to shoot over.
I think Milwaukee will give them everything they can handle and be favored in a title series with the Warriors without Durant; especially since they'll have home court.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Milwaukee will give them everything they can handle and be favored in a title series with the Warriors without Durant; especially since they'll have home court.

I would take GS. The Bucks have 2 offensive "weapons" and a so-so bench. To be sure, they have tremendous teamwork, but GS is just too dangerous.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda want Portland to win game 2 to watch Monty start rooting for them, predicting victory

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Durant will play that series. The wrongness never stops. Amusing how you think your opinions have any validity, you just pretend you know what you're talking about right after proving you don't.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take GS. The Bucks have 2 offensive "weapons" and a so-so bench. To be sure, they have tremendous teamwork, but GS is just too dangerous.
You're ignoring defense. The Bucks are very good there and the Warriors will need Durant to win

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're ignoring defense. The Bucks are very good there and the Warriors will need Durant to win

Without KD, the Warriors move very well without the ball. They drive well, set screens well.... KD is a good offensive player, but the don't move as well. It's the movement that breaks down defenses.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without KD, the Warriors move very well without the ball. They drive well, set screens well.... KD is a good offensive player, but the don't move as well. It's the movement that breaks down defenses.
That's a fallacy, the local media and local fans like me know better. Durant moves the ball plenty, but when they are well defended like in the playoffs, sometimes you need an unstoppable ISO player to make a bucket or two. The Warriors are better, not worse, with Durant out there. Including on offense. Check the stats

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like an exact description of the Warriors without Durant. Plus Milwaukee has home court

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Durant will play that series. The wrongness never stops. Amusing how you think your opinions have any validity, you just pretend you know what you're talking about right after proving you don't.
Willing to start a thread here that says "I am always wrong and Monty has forgotten more about the NBA than I ever knew" if he doesn't?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willing to start a thread here that says "I am always wrong and Monty has forgotten more about the NBA than I ever knew" if he doesn't?
What do I win when he does? You posting threads about how wrong you are seems to have no effect

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name
What do I win when he does? You posting threads about how wrong you are seems to have no effect
Your choice as long as it doesn't involve any of your fantasies..