• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. My Achilles scenario is sounding better and better

No, not really. Sounding crazier and crazier, actually.

74639681-young-man-in-a-tin-foil-hat-poses-funny-faces-afraid-of-radiation-or-aliens.jpg

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more difficult to do when Durant is in the lineup but I believe I heard Marc Jackson say something similar to what you are saying last night.

It's basically the same strategy that was employed by the Cavs in 2016. They let Harrison Barnes shoot as many times as he wanted and Barnes was dog shit, which ended up costing the Warriors that series. Everyone harps on Draymond getting suspended, Andre and Bogut getting hurt for games 6 and 7 and Steph not being 100%, but in reality if Harrison Barnes just played half way decent on offense the Warriors win that series EASILY.

The strategy, without Durant, is sound. The Warriors have two elite shooters, but those are the guys you want to contain. Make everyone else kill you.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly got to the FT line. Not aggressive enough and it will catch up to them.
IMO had Portland not shot well from the F/T and had so many attempts GS would've put that one away early.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basically the same strategy that was employed by the Cavs in 2016. They let Harrison Barnes shoot as many times as he wanted and Barnes was dog shit, which ended up costing the Warriors that series. Everyone harps on Draymond getting suspended, Andre and Bogut getting hurt for games 6 and 7 and Steph not being 100%, but in reality if Harrison Barnes just played half way decent on offense the Warriors win that series EASILY.

The strategy, without Durant, is sound. The Warriors have two elite shooters, but those are the guys you want to contain. Make everyone else kill you.
Might be more difficult for Portland in this series after the HUGE confidence boost GS bench players got after game 6 of the last series.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I'm worried.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly got to the FT line. Not aggressive enough and it will catch up to them.
Not aggressive enough on the defensive boards as well. The amount of second and third shots by the Blazers was appalling. Thank goodness the Blazers don't have much talent.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night we saw the difference between a pair of elite guards and a pair of good guards.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never been wrong before....
Don't suppose its going to matter. He's not going to stay now for sure. His sensitive ass will see all this talk about the Warriors being better without him as a personal slight and he'll go off to New York pouting with an "I'll show them" attitude.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm worried.

Why? The Warriors went 7 games with the Cavs, where the Cavs had 3 all-stars, including the best player in the world at the time and all-time arguable top 5 player ever in Lebron. The Bucks have Giannis who's probably the best player in the NBA right now, but their next two best players in Middleton and Bledsoe are nowhere near the caliber that Kyrie and Love were.

The Warriors would have a shot against them, despite what the media says because the Warriors are still capable of playing elite defense. We've seen it in game 6 against Houston and game 1 against the Blazers. The defense will keep the Warriors in any game and if they get just a little output from guys not named Steph and Klay they'll have a great shot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night we saw the difference between a pair of elite guards and a pair of good guards.

I think what we saw (game 6 n HOU and last night) was a team that still remembers how they won a title w/o KD. Constant ball movement, pick and roll, off ball screens, bench play, and Draymond being the old Draymond, boards, good DEF, and some timely OFC...not nearly as much dribble, dribble, dribble and then a one on one move.

McCollum is a very good player, but giving up too much size against Klay...that's a mismatch all day.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry gets and deserves credit for lifting them in game 6 in HOU, but w/o the bench, there is probably a game 7...last night, the big 3 did their jobs, but the bench performance collectively was stellar.

The bench has quietly put their stamp on this playoffs...I guess the question was can they beat the Bucks w/o KD? Yes. Will they...we'll have to see how both conf final series shape up but I think so....they have been there, and done that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't suppose its going to matter. He's not going to stay now for sure. His sensitive ass will see all this talk about the Warriors being better without him as a personal slight and he'll go off to New York pouting with an "I'll show them" attitude.
He was pretty much set to leave before he got injured

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry gets and deserves credit for lifting them in game 6 in HOU, but w/o the bench, there is probably a game 7...last night, the big 3 did their jobs, but the bench performance collectively was stellar.

The bench has quietly put their stamp on this playoffs...I guess the question was can they beat the Bucks w/o KD? Yes. Will they...we'll have to see how both conf final series shape up but I think so....they have been there, and done that.
He will be back for the Finals and he will be necessary

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the latest?...miss the conf finals, but back for the finals?

Agreed...I still think experience would carry them in 7.
Nothing is definitive, but he won't be back until late in the Portland series and they may not need him. Might want to get him loose for one game before Milwaukee

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? The Warriors went 7 games with the Cavs, where the Cavs had 3 all-stars, including the best player in the world at the time and all-time arguable top 5 player ever in Lebron. The Bucks have Giannis who's probably the best player in the NBA right now, but their next two best players in Middleton and Bledsoe are nowhere near the caliber that Kyrie and Love were.

The Warriors would have a shot against them, despite what the media says because the Warriors are still capable of playing elite defense. We've seen it in game 6 against Houston and game 1 against the Blazers. The defense will keep the Warriors in any game and if they get just a little output from guys not named Steph and Klay they'll have a great shot.
I’m worrying because of you scenario where Portland takes away Curry and Thompson. I have no confidence in the others’ ability to score consistently