• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 3) Portland Trail Blazers

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, no one is saying Portland can't play better.
But the point is GS never appeared to be on the ropes despite the score being close.
Also, we've seen this movie before between these two teams.

If Portland can push it to 5 or 6 games then good for them. But if they continue to let Steph have 7 wide open looks then it probably doesn't go 5 or 6 games
Says the Lakers fan

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overreaction in here is real. Blazers looked lethargic but also the Warriors looked at times like they were matching that energy.

It was a 6 point game to start the 4th and that in my book is a competitive game. The Warriors are probably the best team in NBA history of making the final score not indicative of the actual competitive level of the game. They are explosive offensively but the final score doesn’t show that Portland had its moments and chances in this game.

The one thing I will say though is that for as much hope the Blazers have to play better, I feel the Warriors have just as much room to up their game as well. Still think this ends up being a 6 game series. Warriors need to hold their home court and then the Blazers will get an energy boost bring back home.
Warriors in in a tough 5 was my prediction. I stick to it. Funny how the ppl on this forum who know jack shit about ball, think this wasnt a tough game though (not you bud)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget, the Blazers are not at all a good defensive team, especially down Nurkic. The Ws just had a series where they had to grind out every point, prior to that a tough minded team that could play some d.

Now Steph is like...oh, THIS is fun again...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry

Just sayin.

Unfortunately, that's the kind of BS that gets posted on the reg in that cesspool known as the PF.

We need to try to keep that nonsense isolated to that forum only, and out of these other forums as much as we can whenever possible.

Last edited:

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin.

Unfortunately, that's the kind of BS that gets posted on the reg in that cesspool known as the PF.

We need to try to keep that nonsense isolated to that forum only and out of these other forums as much as we can whenever possible.
Well she's a fucking moron, so I don't actually feel bad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lengths you'll go to NOT give credit when it's due is the real joke.

Give credit for what?

If you don't think the Warriors should have been up way more than 6 en
Sure but this series was such a long shot to Portland. Game 1 is some evidence that they won't surprise anyone
It's not meaningless

What's the difference between game 1 and game 2? Are they both not in golden state ?

Warriors won a home game

And i never said it is meaningless but im also not jumping to conclusions that they're getting swept because the warriors won a home game

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give credit for what?

What's the difference between game 1 and game 2? Are they both not in golden state ?

Warriors won a home game

And i never said it is meaningless but im also not jumping to conclusions that they're getting swept because the warriors won a home game

i'm not assuming they'll get swept, either...unless they CONTINUE to play like they did last night...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not assuming they'll get swept, either...unless they CONTINUE to play like they did last night...

That's been my only point this entire time.

Portland wins tomorrow and it is a 6 game series imo. They lose then it is a 5 game series.

Just don't see a sweep happening

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland shot 36%, Dame/CJ shot 11-31 with 10 turnovers, and the team had 21 turnovers total.

It was a 6 point game entering the 4th and was only a 9 point game at the 5 minute mark of the 4th.

Please stop talking to me like I didn't watch the same game you guys did.

You can go to your job tomorrow and talk to your friends who doesn't watch basketball like that. I watched the same game you did. It was a 2 possession game entering the 4th and a 3 possession game with 5 to go in the 4th.

It was a competitive game for about 43 minutes tonight.

Trailblazers just finished a 7-game series and came from a high-altitude environment. CJ and Dame looked gassed.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Denver was the higher seed with home court you fucking idiot

I really don't know how anyone could talk down on Denver this season. They were a really good team and Jokic looks like the best center in the league by a significant margin right now. Portland beating Denver, and closing them out on their own home court should be seen as an accomplishment; not something that they should've been a guarantee.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been my only point this entire time.

Portland wins tomorrow and it is a 6 game series imo. They lose then it is a 5 game series.

Just don't see a sweep happening

I don't think there's a logical person out there that thinks Portland can win this series. But they have a back court that rivals Golden State in terms of potential, and both of them are capable of going off just like the Warriors' duo. I don't think anyone expected Portland coming off the series they did to just come in against a rested Warriors and take game 1.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in in a tough 5 was my prediction. I stick to it. Funny how the ppl on this forum who know jack shit about ball, think this wasnt a tough game though (not you bud)
No, most people know very little about the game.

The fact is that GS is such a good team. More and more this year we defended the P&R over and not under, taking away the 3 pt shot and letting Nerk handle a driving guard. Well, Nerk is out and GS runs the lane as well as any team in the NBA. So we tried playing it under and Curry is free to shoot 3's. It's sort of a 'pick your poison' thing. There really isn't a solution. And with a team of battle tested vets, GS isn't going to make mistakes on the situation.

Portland is an average defensive team. Without Nerk, we're probably a poor defensive team. GS was average this season as well. But they have health.

I thought before the series started GS in 6. I'll stick to it but I 'feel' GS in 5.

Reactions: LAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, IDGAF what you do. I'll still react how I react. You need to work on your sarcasm, unless you want people to assume all of your posts are bullshit (come to think of it......)

The thing is you do give a fuck. Otherwise you wouldn't be crying over jokes about your Lakers.

And again you're just about the only Lakers fan on this site that takes jokes about the team personal. Why is it only you took my original comment about Kobe serious? Keep crying.:bawling: It's funny.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give credit for what?

Warriors won a home game

Lol isn't it routine BEFORE EVERY series to give our predictions?
You just have a problem with mine because you hate the Dubs & probably me too. Take your emotions out of it.

Whether you like it or not I stand by my prediction if Portland doesn't play better defense & with some urgency.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all anyone has said...some people just overreact & are aggressive for no reason. Such as life.