• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash Resigns

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Clint Hurdle is probably out of the question, I vote Mike Maddux

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing this out there but wonder if the personal issues could be internal. There have been many changes over the past few years and it is possible RW was not on board with all of them. Plus Ryan was a big backer of his when he had the cocaine thing. The next Astro coach will be RW. Just kidding.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing this out there but wonder if the personal issues could be internal. There have been many changes over the past few years and it is possible RW was not on board with all of them. Plus Ryan was a big backer of his when he had the cocaine thing. The next Astro coach will be RW. Just kidding.
Thinking internal more than anything else. What could be so bad that FO would not gladly have given RW time off to take care of personal business if they were happy and satisfied with him. To up and just quit sounds fishy to me. Internal sounds likely but just a thought and nothing more.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could just be smoke, but both Wash and JD have said they were planning on Wash managing the team for 2015. My concern might be some like lung cancer, God forbid. He's a long time smoker.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could just be smoke, but both Wash and JD have said they were planning on Wash managing the team for 2015. My concern might be some like lung cancer, God forbid. He's a long time smoker.

Yeah, I would hate to hear it be something like that. Cancer is such a beat down and I feel for anyone having to go through the treatment.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would hate to hear it be something like that. Cancer is such a beat down and I feel for anyone having to go through the treatment.
Haven't really crossed my mind but yes it could be something of that nature. No telling. But we would know if that were the case soon enough.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, God speed to a rapid well ending resolution

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read an article where they came up with a list of possible candidates (surprisingly doesn't mention either hurdle or bogar):

Mike Maddux
Bo Porter
Dusty Baker
Ozzie Guillen
Jim Tracy
Manny Acta
Don Wakamatsu

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read somewhere that it wasn't health-related. JD was "allowed" to reveal that it wasn't drug-related or health-related. Maybe it's a problem with his wife or family? Maybe he had some kind of mental breakdown where he just couldn't take the stress anymore and had to walk away? They said it wasn't on-the-field related, so it's hard to guess what it could be, unless it's all just a massive smoke screen and this is their way of parting ways with Wash to allow both parties to save face a bit. Who knows though?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read an article where they came up with a list of possible candidates (surprisingly doesn't mention either hurdle or bogar):

Mike Maddux
Bo Porter
Dusty Baker
Ozzie Guillen
Jim Tracy
Manny Acta
Don Wakamatsu

HUGE no to all on that list except for the top 2.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Maddon, Joe Torre, and Terry Francona have always been my 3 fav managers. They would be on my fantasy team.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. So there's a front office meeting on Monday. My friend won't be there in person, so he said he's gotta webcam "be there" (what?). No one knows as of yet what Wash's reasons are. It seems to be VERY close to the chest. He did say, however, that he did know Wash was considering resigning for some reason. I haven't been talking to him lately cuz of my studying, but apparently he's known of it the past 10 days or so "but I didn't think anything would come of it."

Anyway, they're discussing the future. So I'll keep you guys posted about the discussions!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought this as well but figured Ron could hang in another 3 weeks. The suddenness makes me think a family member with his required immediate day to day attention.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. So there's a front office meeting on Monday. My friend won't be there in person, so he said he's gotta webcam "be there" (what?). No one knows as of yet what Wash's reasons are. It seems to be VERY close to the chest. He did say, however, that he did know Wash was considering resigning for some reason. I haven't been talking to him lately cuz of my studying, but apparently he's known of it the past 10 days or so "but I didn't think anything would come of it."

Anyway, they're discussing the future. So I'll keep you guys posted about the discussions!
Appreciate this Terps. We're going to need your expertise (or your friends) on this matter and definitely on the off season. A lot needs to be done.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm figuring it will be between Bogar, Maddux and Buechele. But two intriguing names came up in my reading today...Dave Martinez, bench coach for Joe Madden at TB, and Bud Black, manager of the Padres, who has been blessed with no talent in his stint there...