• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash Resigns

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Michael Young comes back to the organization as a coach for next season?

wtf why did you do that i totally called that joke right after the Derek Jeter for Manager post

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron resigning after what he said about Darvish is extremely ironic.

Very, one could say there might be something behind this but that one would be speculating. Hey call me 1

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just happy that Wash let the organization off the hook. They have a chance to make a fresh start now and it's something they sorely need.

I wonder how long before Galloway suggests JD pushed him out.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who has wanted Wash to be replaced for years I can tell you that there have been a lot of folks who were very knowledgeable about the game who liked Wash. I have argued with a lot of folks over the years about Wash and some were knowledgeable about the game and some weren't. There are both kinds of fans on all of the forums.

There are knowledgeable and dumb posters everywhere, but the baseball IQ is a lot higher here than there and it's not even remotely close.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf why did you do that i totally called that joke right after the Derek Jeter for Manager post

I didn't even see your post about Jeter until after the fact.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is crazy! I know some of you got what you wanted here but he really was a great guy and I hope all is OK. Best record of any Manager in Franchise history-he will always be remembered and lead Rangers teams that I hold really close to my heart. Here's to hoping for a Wash statue maybe of him running in place in the dugout.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are knowledgeable and dumb posters everywhere, but the baseball IQ is a lot higher here than there and it's not even remotely close.

That is because only the diehard fans are here. Small sample sizes can skew the numbers. Popularity causes the average baseball IQ to decline.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is crazy! I know some of you got what you wanted here but he really was a great guy and I hope all is OK. Best record of any Manager in Franchise history-he will always be remembered and lead Rangers teams that I hold really close to my heart. Here's to hoping for a Wash statue maybe of him running in place in the dugout.

The record of a baseball manager is really a bad way to judge the manager. Whitey Herzog was a baseball genius and his record here was terrible due to the lack of talent. With Wash the opposite was true.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because only the diehard fans are here. Small sample sizes can skew the numbers. Popularity causes the average baseball IQ to decline.

My point exactly. You have to wade through mountains of crap over there to read the insightful and informed posts. Here, because we're a smaller group of diehard fans who have obsessed over this team for years, the stupid post count is much lower.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point exactly. You have to wade through mountains of crap over there to read the insightful and informed posts. Here, because we're a smaller group of diehard fans who have obsessed over this team for years, the stupid post count is much lower.

Case and point a poster on ESPN told me Robbie was bad last night because he was dressed and looked like a frat boy after the game. He pitched well in Houston because he was dressed like a normal adult. Anyone who says shit like that has no opinion worth a damn on sports. Hell, I've disagreed with you on many of things, but I would much rather argue with you than agree with a person who thinks that dressing like a frat boy makes you give up 6 runs.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The record of a baseball manager is really a bad way to judge the manager. Whitey Herzog was a baseball genius and his record here was terrible due to the lack of talent. With Wash the opposite was true.

Exactly. It's very short-sighted to look at a manager or player's W-L record or number of rings when judging his worth. If those were all that mattered, Trent Dilfer would be a better QB than Dan Marino, Robert Horry would be better than both Barkley and Malone, and Erik Spoelstra would be a better coach than Rick Carlisle.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is especially true regarding the Wash story over there, but most stories are not nearly as popular. My original point though is that there are some knowledgeable fans who have supported Wash. I have vehemently disagreed with them, but some were knowledgeable.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case and point a poster on ESPN told me Robbie was bad last night because he was dressed and looked like a frat boy after the game. He pitched well in Houston because he was dressed like a normal adult. Anyone who says shit like that has no opinion worth a damn on sports. Hell, I've disagreed with you on many of things, but I would much rather argue with you than agree with a person who thinks that dressing like a frat boy makes you give up 6 runs.

Yep. I'm always open to opposing viewpoints as long as they are supported by substance, insight, or statistical evidence. I don't always agree with everyone's opinions here, but at least I can tell they are well thought out.

That frat boy opinion you just described is nonsense.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows the real reason Ross sucked last night...JPA was his catcher!!! :pound:

Rev, I saw your post last night...:suds:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows the real reason Ross sucked last night...JPA was his catcher!!! :pound:

Rev, I saw your post last night...:suds:

I am exasperated by people who would make such simple claims with no fact to back them.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still stuck in the surreality of it all. Wash is no longer the manager. Damn man...I've wanted this since the end of 2012. Who will be the man to lead them going forward?

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still stuck in the surreality of it all. Wash is no longer the manager. Damn man...I've wanted this since the end of 2012. Who will be the man to lead them going forward?

I believe someone mentioned Bogar ...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Oates I thought was a very good manager as well but he had no pitching. Case in point is how would Herzog and Oates have done with the 2011 team. That 2011 team had players out the ying yang. Team hit 210 HRs and averaged over 5 runs a game. Three players hit 30 or more HRs, Cruz hit 29 and Hamilton 25 as Hammy missed about 40 games. Nine players had 20 doubles or more led by MY with 41. Had Hamilton and Cruz in the OF, Beltre, Andrus, Ian and MY in the IF and Napoli catching/DH. That team could overcome most obstacles. Can make it difficult to say if the manager or team or both were great. And would another manager have navigated the overall win-loss record better this season.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant in 2015 and forward. I don't think Tim is gonna be the guy they choose.

I understand and agree about Tim, but at this moment ... not a question that will be answered soon ... have to wait and see.