• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash Resigns

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad he is gone but this is not the way I want him to go out. I like the guy, took the team further than I thought I would ever see in my lifetime but wished he was gone at least a year ago.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget that WS with StLouis, and that season.

Maybe he/or family member has a health issue of some sort, combined with the season, NRyan's earlier departure, etc.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still stuck in the surreality of it all. Wash is no longer the manager. Damn man...I've wanted this since the end of 2012. Who will be the man to lead them going forward?

Gotta think bogart, buechele or Maddux are front runners

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Oates I thought was a very good manager as well but he had no pitching. Case in point is how would Herzog and Oates have done with the 2011 team. That 2011 team had players out the ying yang. Team hit 210 HRs and averaged over 5 runs a game. Three players hit 30 or more HRs, Cruz hit 29 and Hamilton 25 as Hammy missed about 40 games. Nine players had 20 doubles or more led by MY with 41. Had Hamilton and Cruz in the OF, Beltre, Andrus, Ian and MY in the IF and Napoli catching/DH. That team could overcome most obstacles. Can make it difficult to say if the manager or team or both were great. And would another manager have navigated the overall win-loss record better this season.

Oh how I missed that team this season

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk buechele's quality as a coach (just from what ive noticed with frisco) but he seems solid. Just sayin. Usually when we send prospects up from A to AA they dont have a problem adjusting. And I KNOW he runs a bullpen well. I don't really know how else to read him outside of that

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk buechele's quality as a coach (just from what ive noticed with frisco) but he seems solid. Just sayin. Usually when we send prospects up from A to AA they dont have a problem adjusting. And I KNOW he runs a bullpen well. I don't really know how else to read him outside of that

Steve is at RR, just semantics. Easy mistype if it was, I cross the 2 up sometimes as well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. My jaw literally dropped when this came across sports center at work. Thank you for everything you've contributed Wash. You were the manager of the two best teams in this franchises history. While I feel this is the right move for the club, I won't forget what you contributed to those teams.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This has been a difficult season for the team for a variety of reasons," Daniels said. "But it was very clear throughout the organization, both publicly and privately with Ron he was coming back. We were planning on him coming back as our manager for 2015. The bottom line is you don't have a season like we had without a number of things going wrong. First and foremost with decisions that I've made, and that's where the accountability counts. And that's not what this decision or outcome is about. It's not an on-field matter."

I respect JD for saying this...wasn't sure he had it in him.

Adios Ron.....you actually had a more positive impact on the texas rangers than any other coach in their history

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This has been a difficult season for the team for a variety of reasons," Daniels said. "But it was very clear throughout the organization, both publicly and privately with Ron he was coming back. We were planning on him coming back as our manager for 2015. The bottom line is you don't have a season like we had without a number of things going wrong. First and foremost with decisions that I've made, and that's where the accountability counts. And that's not what this decision or outcome is about. It's not an on-field matter."

I respect JD for saying this...wasn't sure he had it in him.

Adios Ron.....you actually had a more positive impact on the texas rangers than any other coach in their history

JD has always been the first to hold himself accountable. Not sure why you'd say that. Hell, he's said as much in at least one interview earlier this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, really the only way I DONT see him quitting on this team is if the reason he resigned wouldve warranted a resignation, regardless of our record. If we had 95 wins would he have still resigned? If most likely yes, then okay. If most likely not, then he quit. He could've waited 3 weeks, but he didn't.

then what was his reason since you know he coulda waited?
I think ron had a true passion for baseball. Musta been something he viewed rather important that could not wait

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then what was his reason since you know he coulda waited?
I think ron had a true passion for baseball. Musta been something he viewed rather important that could not wait

Agreed. I hope everything is okay with him and his family.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The record of a baseball manager is really a bad way to judge the manager. Whitey Herzog was a baseball genius and his record here was terrible due to the lack of talent. With Wash the opposite was true.

??? Never was judging based on that or using it as a metric, its simply a fact that he has the owns best record. You could argue the significance of managers records and dissect them to death if you want. Honestly, a mangers influence and effectiveness is actually a pretty tough thing to measure. Either way though, I wasn't trying to start a debate on this, just stating the history.

Personally, I will always value him as one of the best coaches in the history of our team. He lead us to our first and 2nd WS berths... to me that is very meaningful. Many would argue anyone could have done that with the teams we had but there is no way of knowing that simply because he was the manager and we don't get a redo with a different one. I agree he was unconventional and made some bone head moves at times but this was the same thing that got players to rally together and built the chemistry needed to make the deep runs we did under him.

It was probably time for a change though, I think the magic from all that has likely faded. Still wish the best for Wash and what ever issue he is facing and he will always share a special place in my heart, along with all the players and coaches that took us on those amazing runs.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope he is alright. Change will be good for all. Congrats on his
back to back series appearances.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the kind of money you could have won in a bar bet at the beginning of the 2011 World Series if you had said "I bet you that in just 3 years from now, Nolan Ryan, Ron Washington, Jackie Moore, CJ Wilson, Koji Uehara, Mike Adams, Michael Young, Ian Kinsler, Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli, Nelson Cruz, Craig Gentry, David Murphy, and fairly solid prospects Mike Olt, Neil Ramirez, and Leury Garcia will ALL be gone and Neftali Feliz, Colby Lewis, Matt Harrison, and Alexi Ogando will be shells of their current selves".

Other than the Marlins, I can't think of any team in recent history which was completely dismantled only 3 years after a World Series appearance. A grand total of 4 position players out of the 20 used that year remain (Andrus, Beltre, Moreland, Martin). Of the 25 pitchers used that year, only 5 remain (Lewis, Feliz, Ogando, Kirkman, Holland... not counting Harrison because I think his career is done). 80% of a World Series team gone within 3 years in an age when most contracts are for 4+ seasons and considering just how great of a team that was and how much money has flowed in to have the ability to keep those guys around if so desired is just unreal. Some of it is due to player retirement, some of it to player regression, some of it to financial decisions, and some of it to just bad GM decisions. But whatever the reasons, it's still pretty crazy.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve is at RR, just semantics. Easy mistype if it was, I cross the 2 up sometimes as well.

ya lol I had the Frisco website up as I was posting to look at the box score. I meant RR and AA-AAA

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which, btw, I think is on the brink of elimination tonight with JT on the hill. Lets see what the kid's all about. ICE IN THE FUCKING VAINS GUYS