• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash Resigns

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm figuring it will be between Bogar, Maddux and Buechele. But two intriguing names came up in my reading today...Dave Martinez, bench coach for Joe Madden at TB, and Bud Black, manager of the Padres, who has been blessed with no talent in his stint there...

A lot can also happen after the season ends as far as firing coaches goes. I don't know anything yet, but I have a feeling it won't be til after the season when we name a coach. Might as well let it play out, imo

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot can also happen after the season ends as far as firing coaches goes. I don't know anything yet, but I have a feeling it won't be til after the season when we name a coach. Might as well let it play out, imo
Black may be one of the guys on the chopping block.

You know, if I was Tampa Bay, I would dump that scrub manager Maddon...:whistle: ...and if the Giants don't make the playoffs, then I would sure dump that overrated Bochy....:rollseyes:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to RW for all he did for the Rangers. Hope he is well and happy.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. So there's a front office meeting on Monday. My friend won't be there in person, so he said he's gotta webcam "be there" (what?). No one knows as of yet what Wash's reasons are. It seems to be VERY close to the chest. He did say, however, that he did know Wash was considering resigning for some reason. I haven't been talking to him lately cuz of my studying, but apparently he's known of it the past 10 days or so "but I didn't think anything would come of it."

Anyway, they're discussing the future. So I'll keep you guys posted about the discussions!

What your friend is saying corroborates what I read in the article- that this "problem" has been known about by JD & Co. for about 3 weeks now and that they waited to see how it played out and what the right decision would be for Wash.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we dont rush and pick a guy that's not ideal. There is absolutely no rush. Take as long as you need. Try to get it done before the winter meetings though so the new guy can discuss philosophy with potential FA's

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we dont rush and pick a guy that's not ideal. There is absolutely no rush. Take as long as you need. Try to get it done before the winter meetings though so the new guy can discuss philosophy with potential FA's
It needs to happen soon after the season ends IMO...we need to hit the ground running in the off season.
I'm very intrigued by Bud Black (if he's becomes available). He seems to do a good job with nothing at SD and his reputation is good. Maybe we could throw a shitload of cash at Maddux so he would stay put as pitching coach...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to happen soon after the season ends IMO...we need to hit the ground running in the off season.
I'm very intrigued by Bud Black (if he's becomes available). He seems to do a good job with nothing at SD and his reputation is good. Maybe we could throw a shitload of cash at Maddux so he would stay put as pitching coach...
We need to keep Maddux at all cost. Our rotation will need him.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Promote him and get his brother to join the gang as PC.
I would love that...!! From what I've heard ( and seen!) about Greg Maddux, I think he would make a fabulous pitching coach...I'm surprised he hasn't been scooped up yet....maybe not that interested in a full time gig??

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that...!! From what I've heard ( and seen!) about Greg Maddux, I think he would make a fabulous pitching coach...I'm surprised he hasn't been scooped up yet....maybe not that interested in a full time gig??

Well now that he is in the Hall of Fame he can join as a coach.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to keep Maddux at all cost. Our rotation will need him.

Afraid unless he gets the manager gig, Nolan will have Houston overpay to get his guys

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that he is in the Hall of Fame he can join as a coach.

A HOF pitcher as a pitching coach and his brother managing the team, would seem pretty advantageous in my mind to start to draw some interest from guys to sign in FA, hopefully. Then JD would have to do some magic to get some offense in there and it may not be 2017 before the team is contending again

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are on the verge of a 100-loss season, but that hasn’t changed the ownership’s view of Daniels. There’s also a long to-do list this winter and it’ll make things easier if Daniels has a certain future. As Grant notes, Texas needs to find a new manager, at least two pitchers, a power hitter, potentially replace a coach or two who might land managerial jobs, and add to the recently depleted evaluation staff. On top of that, assistant GM Thad Levine could be a strong candidate GM jobs elsewhere.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that be the 1st brother-brother coaching tandem ever?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Courage Boys mentioned this morning that in Dale Hansen's news piece last night that when Wash was addressing the team on Friday that there were lawyers present there. This story is just bizarre.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike as Manager, Greg as PC, Young as Hitting Coach.

All those in favor?

:wash: