• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash Resigns

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Furthermore, if this is true... and that's a HUGE if at this point, do you guys think it's a bit troubling that JD has seemingly run so many people out of town?

I'll admit that I'm not exactly broken up by Wash no longer being the team's manager. And certainly JD has the right to make decisions on players and personnel as General Manager. But I guess it just rubs me the wrong way that this many seemingly good people have left under questionable circumstances. People blamed CJ for being a douche. They blamed Josh for being a quitter and diva. They blamed MY for being a crybaby for not switching positions readily. They blamed Kinsler for his comments for being an entitled brat. They blamed Nolan for wanting things too much his way. And now they're blaming Wash for quitting on his team.

Certainly there's some validity to those claims. But maybe, just maybe, JD might be part of the problem here? I just find it strange that if CJ, Josh, MY, Kinsler, Nolan, and Wash were such huge problems or bad people/teammates, that they were able to be big parts of such greatness for 2-3 years.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is all true, perhaps its not Wash that has the problems looming. Its our GM.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys have noticed a trend with our best players leaving... as Will stated before "CJ Josh MY, Kins, Nolan, and MAYBE wash" is that reports from these people after they left(and in some instances, direct quotes) about our FO put it in a very negative light. However, when JD was asked about this, he of course, refuted it and said that they were cool. Or shoved the question aside. Or anything of the like.

I'm tellin you, JD lies to the media. You can't tell me that all of these players who have meant so much to us are ALL lying? That its some conspiracy against JD and its all false? No. There is a lot of truth to this. I wouldnt be surprised at all if JD is in trouble if the Wash news is true. You CANNOT have a GM who is incapable of building relationships with the products on the field. It doesnt work.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I've said when it's been brought up anywhere posted, this is from a fan blog. The woman who wrote it has no insight on the inner workings. She is a blogger who lives in California. Two DFW guys including Ben Rogers have already squelched the veracity of this garbage. Reading it gives her the benefit of the doubt she hasn't earned. That blog was published how long ago and no reputable writer ran with it. Says all you need to know.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, if this is true... and that's a HUGE if at this point, do you guys think it's a bit troubling that JD has seemingly run so many people out of town?

I'll admit that I'm not exactly broken up by Wash no longer being the team's manager. And certainly JD has the right to make decisions on players and personnel as General Manager. But I guess it just rubs me the wrong way that this many seemingly good people have left under questionable circumstances. People blamed CJ for being a douche. They blamed Josh for being a quitter and diva. They blamed MY for being a crybaby for not switching positions readily. They blamed Kinsler for his comments for being an entitled brat. They blamed Nolan for wanting things too much his way. And now they're blaming Wash for quitting on his team.

Certainly there's some validity to those claims. But maybe, just maybe, JD might be part of the problem here? I just find it strange that if CJ, Josh, MY, Kinsler, Nolan, and Wash were such huge problems or bad people/teammates, that they were able to be big parts of such greatness for 2-3 years.

I didn't have any problems with CJ leaving. He struggled in the postseason so I was okay with him leaving and not overpaying him. I don't think JD's personality got in the way for Josh to resign here. MY was a crybaby and Kinsler refused to change positions and refused to help the younger players. It was time for both of them to go. It is funny that JD didn't "run off" Nolan until the new ownership got here. I wonder myself it is wasn't the new ownership that ran off both Greenberg and Nolan. They just needed them around to help purchase the team. My biggest problem with JD is that he didn't run off Wash much sooner, like before the WS years.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Cowlishaw and Moseley JD stated it was ludicrous that people think the issue was over Darvish playing out the season or not. In fact JD and Cowlishaw both agreed it would make RW look rather small quitting on the entire team over something like that and that makes sense. He said it was very serious but felt he could not say and you could feel it in how JD stated it that when he stated the seriousness of the issue that he was sincere. Cowlishaw brought up a good point that he thought the fans also should know what the reason was. RW does not have to get into specifics but at a high level just so all the speculation would cease. JD understood what Cowlishaw was saying in fans knowing but that how that would be shared would have to be up to RW. Something in those lines.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said when it's been brought up anywhere posted, this is from a fan blog. The woman who wrote it has no insight on the inner workings. She is a blogger who lives in California. Two DFW guys including Ben Rogers have already squelched the veracity of this garbage. Reading it gives her the benefit of the doubt she hasn't earned. That blog was published how long ago and no reputable writer ran with it. Says all you need to know.

Oh I fully agree....hence the "clickbait" part of my post....

That said - it was brought up to JD in this segment. (worth a listen)
https://soundcloud.com/rpike623/jd-interview-wash-resignationbogardoitfordurrett

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Cowlishaw and Moseley JD stated it was ludicrous that people think the issue was over Darvish playing out the season or not. In fact JD and Cowlishaw both agreed it would make RW look rather small quitting on the entire team over something like that and that makes sense. He said it was very serious but felt he could not say and you could feel it in how JD stated it that when he stated the seriousness of the issue that he was sincere. Cowlishaw brought up a good point that he thought the fans also should know what the reason was. RW does not have to get into specifics but at a high level just so all the speculation would cease. JD understood what Cowlishaw was saying in fans knowing but that how that would be shared would have to be up to RW. Something in those lines.

https://soundcloud.com/rpike623/jd-interview-wash-resignationbogardoitfordurrett

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have any problems with CJ leaving. He struggled in the postseason so I was okay with him leaving and not overpaying him. I don't think JD's personality got in the way for Josh to resign here. MY was a crybaby and Kinsler refused to change positions and refused to help the younger players. It was time for both of them to go. It is funny that JD didn't "run off" Nolan until the new ownership got here. I wonder myself it is wasn't the new ownership that ran off both Greenberg and Nolan. They just needed them around to help purchase the team. My biggest problem with JD is that he didn't run off Wash much sooner, like before the WS years.

No. Your post wasnt that bad until you made those statements. MY has given more to us than any player has. He changed positions for us like 3 times. He was a crybaby? And ya, Ian didn't wanna change positions (even though I distinctly remember an article where he said something along the lines of "Of course I dont want to, but I'll move if it helps this team get better") but both were part of two fantastic teams.

You're giving JD too much credit here. You're making it sound like ALL these people leaving and complaining specifically about JD is mere coincidence. Of course.... MY's time here was done. No one had a problem with Kins leaving. Most people didnt care to sign CJ...etc. That's not the point. The point is, after all these dudes left, they spoke their opinion, and every one of them was very similar. Their relationship with our FO wasnt good, and JD is a scumbag.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and saddlez im sorry if it seems im picking on you today im not trying to lol

just mere speculation on my point, but its starting to become more and more obvious that JD is not helping this team.

Which also leads to MORE speculation on FA signings. Maybe JD doesnt know how to be personable with pitchers he is trying to sign, which may explain our horrible luck during his tenure?

Again, both are speculating points. As you can see, this conversation easily branches out into several others. This is crazy. We'll have even more to talk about this offseason than last.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another sudden resignation. June Jones SMU head football coach resigned today. Back to baseball.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Your post wasnt that bad until you made those statements. MY has given more to us than any player has. He changed positions for us like 3 times. He was a crybaby? And ya, Ian didn't wanna change positions (even though I distinctly remember an article where he said something along the lines of "Of course I dont want to, but I'll move if it helps this team get better") but both were part of two fantastic teams.

You're giving JD too much credit here. You're making it sound like ALL these people leaving and complaining specifically about JD is mere coincidence. Of course.... MY's time here was done. No one had a problem with Kins leaving. Most people didnt care to sign CJ...etc. That's not the point. The point is, after all these dudes left, they spoke their opinion, and every one of them was very similar. Their relationship with our FO wasnt good, and JD is a scumbag.

I agree with your last paragraph. I'm not sorry that CJ and Josh left. They were overpaid elsewhere. I'm not sorry that MY was traded. He had become a liability. I'm not sorry Kinsler was traded. He was in a position logjam. JD made all of the right calls there.

What I am troubled by though is the overwhelming number of ex-Ranger employees who have all unanimously agreed in their post-departure criticism of JD. Yet some, for whatever reason, want to defend JD at every turn like he's infallible and in no way part of the problem. I don't get it. I don't hate the guy at all. But I do know that you can only write off the former players as "babies, douches, ax grinders, brats, and bitter old men" for so long before logic says that maybe there just might be some truth in what they're all saying. You don't see this happening with any other teams- groups of players banding together to bash the GM on the way out. Either the 2010-2011 Rangers were a team chock full of the biggest crybabies ever, or else what they're saying has merit. Which do you think is more likely?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another sudden resignation. June Jones SMU head football coach resigned today. Back to baseball.

That one was entirely expected. He quit on SMU when he was temporarily hired by ASU. A 43-6 loss to UNT put the nail in his coffin. He just beat the AD and President to the punch so that "fired" didn't appear on his résumé.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's funny. Everyone else tells me I am too hard on JD.

I don't recall that term being used by every one of them, but usually folks have their mind made up about someone so it isn't really worth discussing very much. Neither of us can prove either way. It is funny to hear someone accusing me of giving JD too much credit. That made my day.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your last paragraph. I'm not sorry that CJ and Josh left. They were overpaid elsewhere. I'm not sorry that MY was traded. He had become a liability. I'm not sorry Kinsler was traded. He was in a position logjam. JD made all of the right calls there.

What I am troubled by though is the overwhelming number of ex-Ranger employees who have all unanimously agreed in their post-departure criticism of JD. Yet some, for whatever reason, want to defend JD at every turn like he's infallible and in no way part of the problem. I don't get it. I don't hate the guy at all. But I do know that you can only write off the former players as "babies, douches, ax grinders, brats, and bitter old men" for so long before logic says that maybe there just might be some truth in what they're all saying. You don't see this happening with any other teams- groups of players banding together to bash the GM on the way out. Either the 2010-2011 Rangers were a team chock full of the biggest crybabies ever, or else what they're saying has merit. Which do you think is more likely?

As long as it doesn't affect them until they leave I don't care too much. Josh and CJ certainly left on a high note production wise. I think MY and Ian would have declined like they did even if their father was GM.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny. Everyone else tells me I am too hard on JD.

I don't recall that term being used by every one of them, but usually folks have their mind made up about someone so it isn't really worth discussing very much. Neither of us can prove either way. It is funny to hear someone accusing me of giving JD too much credit. That made my day.

Read your post again one time and tell me that isnt what you were doing

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and saddlez im sorry if it seems im picking on you today im not trying to lol

just mere speculation on my point, but its starting to become more and more obvious that JD is not helping this team.

Which also leads to MORE speculation on FA signings. Maybe JD doesnt know how to be personable with pitchers he is trying to sign, which may explain our horrible luck during his tenure?

Again, both are speculating points. As you can see, this conversation easily branches out into several others. This is crazy. We'll have even more to talk about this offseason than last.

No problem at all.

The problem we have had with signing pitchers started when JD was in grade school.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it doesn't affect them until they leave I don't care too much. Josh and CJ certainly left on a high note production wise. I think MY and Ian would have declined like they did even if their father was GM.

Again, we dont care how good they were when they left. We're talking about WHEN they left, what did they have to say about the FO... anything positive? no. However, they did feel the need to speak out and bash the FO, which we all know they wouldnt have done unless they truly believed that.

That's like saying that Jerry Sandusky should be made innocent just because he hasn't come out and said he's a child ******er. However, countless children have said that. Word of mouth isnt just collective coincidence when it crosses a certain number of people. Its MORE than crossed that with JD

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your post again one time and tell me that isnt what you were doing

Now if I thought I was giving him "too much" credit I wouldn't have done so. You don't knowingly give someone too much credit. Or, at least I don't. It was too much for you, but not for me.