• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash Resigns

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Maybe it should be that way. But its not. Clearly.

I am tired of millionaire athletes whining about silly shit. I don't wanna be a leader...I don't wanna move positions...They didn't make me an offer like I expected...They didn't blah blah blah. Just shut up.

It would be awesome if Bob and Ray acted like Ilitch and just said pay whatever I wanna championship. How awesome it would be to have Ned Colleti's job in LA and just have a bunch of billionaires that don't care what you spend.

JD's interpersonal skills are quite honestly the least of my worries going forward with this club. I worry more about the massively injured being able to contribute next season.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am tired of millionaire athletes whining about silly shit. I don't wanna be a leader...I don't wanna move positions...They didn't make me an offer like I expected...They didn't blah blah blah. Just shut up.

It would be awesome if Bob and Ray acted like Ilitch and just said pay whatever I wanna championship. How awesome it would be to have Ned Colleti's job in LA and just have a bunch of billionaires that don't care what you spend.

JD's interpersonal skills are quite honestly the least of my worries going forward with this club. I worry more about the massively injured being able to contribute next season.

Dont get me wrong, I'm extremely worried about injuries too. But JD's interpersonal skills may lead one to believe it affects FA's or player satisfaction. That never ends well. They are pros, so you can say "grow up, get your paycheck, and stop bitching." But I really and truly believe that that's not the case with the vast majority. They wanna play where theyre happy

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong, I'm extremely worried about injuries too. But JD's interpersonal skills may lead one to believe it affects FA's or player satisfaction. That never ends well. They are pros, so you can say "grow up, get your paycheck, and stop bitching." But I really and truly believe that that's not the case with the vast majority. They wanna play where theyre happy

Nothing builds happiness like winning. If the Rangers had won in 10 and 11 I doubt any of those players has anything to say about the FO.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing builds happiness like winning. If the Rangers had won in 10 and 11 I doubt any of those players has anything to say about the FO.

look, all im saying is 28 other teams dont even make it to the WS. Never hear a peep out of them. I dont think its just a rebellion against JD where the players got together and said "okay guys here's the plan. If we ever get traded or sign elsewhere, say something bad about JD"

Winning brings happiness, of course. We won over 90 games repeatedly. I never hear players who leave houston say something bad though

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look, all im saying is 28 other teams dont even make it to the WS. Never hear a peep out of them. I dont think its just a rebellion against JD where the players got together and said "okay guys here's the plan. If we ever get traded or sign elsewhere, say something bad about JD"

Winning brings happiness, of course. We won over 90 games repeatedly. I never hear players who leave houston say something bad though

It does happen.

Torii Hunter Takes Shot at Angels Owner Arte Moreno After Halos Reportedly Sign Josh Hamilton | MLB | NESN.com

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm...Are you sure about not hearing anything bad out of Houston? Actual players this year complained that the FO didn't care about winning and thought they were coddling Mark Appel. That story was all over the internet.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and yeah how about A-Rod suing the Yankees team doctor. Yeah they clearly have it all together...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is not. I was told, long ago, by MULTIPLE people still with the team who were gainfully employed, trustworthy and honest people with no agenda or axe to grind, that JD was a two-faced backstabber and that many people within the organization thought so. This was back in 2010-2011 when all was right in Arlington. And when I say I talked to "people", I mean just that. More than one. Different people. Different occasions. Same exact opinions of JD. Similar stories about JD. Lying to employees' faces then stabbing them in the back. Taking credit for others' successes. Manipulating people. Not treating fellow executives with some basic common professional courtesies. All of these things I was told. The people who told me don't just make up stuff. Then players, coaches, and Nolan hinted at the same allegations after leaving.

Had I never been told any of these things several years back... had it just been from a few knuckleheads like CJ and Kinsler... I'd call "BS" too. But these stories came from trustworthy people not known for fabricating stuff, and well-respected guys like Nolan, Jackie, and MY essentially agreed.

It doesn't matter to me whether people on here believe me or not or whether they believe the people I talked to. I know the truth and that's enough for me. Being shrewd and deceptive with trades, signings, etc. is one thing. Being that way with your own employees is entirely another.

Fair enough I won't disagree with you that he's a dick if he is being that way with everyone including the average John Doe's of the world that works for the Rangers then yes it's not something I would advocate. However as someone who is just a fan of the team and wants to see results on the field then I he can be as much of a dick as he wants as long as he keeps the best interest of the organization first.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, if this is true... and that's a HUGE if at this point, do you guys think it's a bit troubling that JD has seemingly run so many people out of town?

I'll admit that I'm not exactly broken up by Wash no longer being the team's manager. And certainly JD has the right to make decisions on players and personnel as General Manager. But I guess it just rubs me the wrong way that this many seemingly good people have left under questionable circumstances. People blamed CJ for being a douche. They blamed Josh for being a quitter and diva. They blamed MY for being a crybaby for not switching positions readily. They blamed Kinsler for his comments for being an entitled brat. They blamed Nolan for wanting things too much his way. And now they're blaming Wash for quitting on his team.

Certainly there's some validity to those claims. But maybe, just maybe, JD might be part of the problem here? I just find it strange that if CJ, Josh, MY, Kinsler, Nolan, and Wash were such huge problems or bad people/teammates, that they were able to be big parts of such greatness for 2-3 years.

Yup, said that when the season started. Perhaps having both him and Nolan might have created power balance that made our FO thrive. Seems like ever since that power balance has been thrown off and ownership has backed JD, the FO has gotten tons off bad pub.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with Terps and Will here. At this point with all the negative stories that have come out about our FO, it doesn't seem reasonable to just dismiss them. Especially given the credibility of some of the sources. I think JD gets a free pass from many because he put together the best teams in Rangers history. However, he did have help. I think Nolan did more for the club than he gets credit for.

Personally, I really don't care if the GM is a dick or is backstabbing behind closed doors- in some cases, they just down right have to be. However, they need to be smart about being a dick or backstabbing so that their actions don't reflect badly on the club. I think this is where JD is failing, although he can spin things pretty well. At the end of the day, I think the FO builds the culture of the organization. It is their responsibility to make the culture of the team welcoming to both players and fans alike. I think this is what Nolan did really well- he balanced this side of things out and was a good ambassador for pitching and making it a priority for the Rangers. He was also a great figurehead which I feel has a lot of value as it creates a brand. And there are not a whole lot of people out that make you think baseball like the name Nolan Ryan does.

I would argue that the image of our organization has become pretty tarnished over the past few years and it is the GM's and ownerships responsibility to fix that. First, to make it more appealing to FA players coming into to want to sign a deal with us and second, to keep our current players head on baseball and not other things. Because I think most good players want to play for a team they can respect and also want to feel respected. Also, when people like where they work, they are a lot more productive.

Like Kinsler, MY Nolan, or several others or not, they had a very strong influence on several of our players and likely still have relationships with many of them. You don't want any remaining players torn between their relationship with that player and the club- nobody wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of us can be authorities on how much anyone on any other teams likes their GMs. None of us besides Terps and Will even thinks we know how much our own players like JD. This is really a silly discussion if it is based on Wash leaving. I assume it is(don't really remember) since it is on the "Wash Resigns" thread. There is no evidence whatsoever that this had anything to do with JD mistreating Wash. For Pete's sake, JD is the one guilty of keeping Wash around several years too long.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of us can be authorities on how much anyone on any other teams likes their GMs. None of us besides Terps and Will even thinks we know how much our own players like JD. This is really a silly discussion if it is based on Wash leaving. I assume it is(don't really remember) since it is on the "Wash Resigns" thread. There is no evidence whatsoever that this had anything to do with JD mistreating Wash. For Pete's sake, JD is the one guilty of keeping Wash around several years too long.

dont really see the relevancy of this to the argument

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What next for this club?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seems to be some credence to this. But, it leads to the question: as bad as it sounds, why couldnt he wait 3 weeks? Why was it necessary he resign that very day

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The article attached to the tweet goes on to mention that he sexually assaulted an Asian reporter. The girl reporting it says she got it firsthand from an inside source with direct knowledge of the situation who has always been reliable. She goes on to say that she was extra careful to double check and cross check facts and references before going public with the story. I would sincerely hope so, because those are some pretty serious allegations.

This season is so messed up, it is beyond belief. How does one even find enough words to describe a team having an all-time record number of injuries and man games lost, finishing dead last, losing their extremely kind and smart beat reporter at a young age to a freak brain aneurysm, and having their manager quit on them before the season ends due to impending sexual assault charges? Wtf?!?! This season tops anything I've ever seen in my lifetime in any sport in terms of misery, tragedy, controversy, freakish injuries, and sheer bad luck. Nothing would surprise me at this point.