• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash Resigns

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we dont care how good they were when they left. We're talking about WHEN they left, what did they have to say about the FO... anything positive? no. However, they did feel the need to speak out and bash the FO, which we all know they wouldnt have done unless they truly believed that.

That's like saying that Jerry Sandusky should be made innocent just because he hasn't come out and said he's a child ******er. However, countless children have said that. Word of mouth isnt just collective coincidence when it crosses a certain number of people. Its MORE than crossed that with JD

I mentioned how good they were to say that their alleged disgust with JD didn't affect their play. I don't care what they feel about him as long as they perform like they are capable.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we dont care how good they were when they left. We're talking about WHEN they left, what did they have to say about the FO... anything positive? no. However, they did feel the need to speak out and bash the FO, which we all know they wouldnt have done unless they truly believed that.

That's like saying that Jerry Sandusky should be made innocent just because he hasn't come out and said he's a child ******er. However, countless children have said that. Word of mouth isnt just collective coincidence when it crosses a certain number of people. Its MORE than crossed that with JD

You are grasping at straws with that analogy. Walk it back a little...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Your post wasnt that bad until you made those statements. MY has given more to us than any player has. He changed positions for us like 3 times. He was a crybaby? And ya, Ian didn't wanna change positions (even though I distinctly remember an article where he said something along the lines of "Of course I dont want to, but I'll move if it helps this team get better") but both were part of two fantastic teams.

You're giving JD too much credit here. You're making it sound like ALL these people leaving and complaining specifically about JD is mere coincidence. Of course.... MY's time here was done. No one had a problem with Kins leaving. Most people didnt care to sign CJ...etc. That's not the point. The point is, after all these dudes left, they spoke their opinion, and every one of them was very similar. Their relationship with our FO wasnt good, and JD is a scumbag.

I take the opinions of Kinsler Hamilton and CJ with a huge ass grain of salt.

Daniels and MY have repaired any bad relationship that might have existed. Michael Young, Rangers GM Jon Daniels able to patch things up - ESPN Dallas

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if I thought I was giving him "too much" credit I wouldn't have done so. You don't knowingly give someone too much credit. Or, at least I don't. It was too much for you, but not for me.

You basically said that EVERY player/personnel that has left here within the past 5 seasons is wrong when they bashed JD. So.... yes. I feel like you're giving JD too much credit and not using logic

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall anything being said by Napoli, Cruz, Nathan, or Soria when they left.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You basically said that EVERY player/personnel that has left here within the past 5 seasons is wrong when they bashed JD. So.... yes. I feel like you're giving JD too much credit and not using logic

No that is not what I said. Your idea and my idea of logic are pretty far apart apparently.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall anything being said by Napoli, Cruz, Nathan, or Soria when they left.

"is wrong when they bashed JD." Therefore, if the players never said anything about JD, they dont fall under this category.

And Soria was traded... so

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nor Frasor, Jeff Baker, Bengie Molina, Scott Feldman, Chris Davis or any other number of ex Rangers. Davis is one guy that might actually have cause to criticize his former team, but I don't remember him speaking ill of the FO.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor Frasor, Jeff Baker, Bengie Molina, Scott Feldman, Chris Davis or any other number of ex Rangers. Davis is one guy that might actually have cause to criticize his former team, but I don't remember him speaking ill of the FO.

You guys arent getting the point. There isnt some conspiracy here where everyone who leaves bashes him. But, there is an EXTRAORDINARY high percentage that have done so. Now, I ask you, name one other team who has this phenomenon on AT LEAST 5 occasions within the last 3 or 4 seasons?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys arent getting the point. There isnt some conspiracy here where everyone who leaves bashes him. But, there is an EXTRAORDINARY high percentage that have done so. Now, I ask you, name one other team who has this phenomenon on AT LEAST 5 occasions within the last 3 or 4 seasons?

People talk shit about their former bosses all the time. Find me something where they talk shit about JD while they are in the organization. Then I will give that nonsense some credence. This just in: People are bitter and when they don't get their way they rationalize in their heads and lash out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"is wrong when they bashed JD." Therefore, if the players never said anything about JD, they dont fall under this category.

My post about those guys not saying anything when they left was not in response to your saying that I said they were all wrong. I added that before reading what you said.

I don't really even remember CJ or Josh saying personal things about JD. I do remember Ian and MY doing so and I think they were wrong. That is what I think. You choose to think a different way. So be it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care enough about other teams to say one way or another. This is my team I follow them. I don't keep up with how other players feel about their past teams. If you have that much time to follow other teams that closely you have a lot more time than I do. Even if I did I wouldn't care enough to do so.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand the point about Soria being traded. Were we not discussing players who have left both via free agency and via trade.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talk shit about their former bosses all the time. Find me something where they talk shit about JD while they are in the organization. Then I will give that nonsense some credence. This just in: People are bitter and when they don't get their way they rationalize in their heads and lash out.

JFC people. They're all wrong. They all say the same damn thing but they're all wrong

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC people. They're all wrong. They all say the same damn thing but they're all wrong

They don't all say the same thing. That's where you are wrong. Only Kinsler called him a sleazeball. Young didn't call him anything of the sort. CJ and Hamilton didn't call him names either. They were bummed Texas didn't try harder to sign them. CJ's opinion of himself was higher than the Rangers had for him, so they let him walk. Boo hoo CJ...Cry yourself to sleep on your 5000 thread count pillow cases in your state of the art mclaren shaped bed. Hamilton is dumb as a box of rocks, so anything he says is worth dog shit. Why should Texas have tried harder to sign his child brained ass?

So really what you have is one guy going HAM on his former club in Ian Kinsler and MY who has made up with the organization after saying there was "no relationship" with them.

You are acting like 4 guys have said "JD is a douchebag and you cannot trust him and he smells."

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terps - If JD is a dick then so be it. To be a GM for a professional sports team or any type of industry takes not only working hard and smart but making tough decisions and willing to be and look the part of a bad guy if it is best in the end result. In the end this is a business. If players feel so strongly about how JD treats them then how are players receptive to taking hometown discounts when contract discussions occur or do anything and everything it takes for the good of the team on their end?

As stated by others above each individual had separate circumstances that may have caused some kind of miscommunication but to assume that JD is a complete dick and backstabbing is a bit out there IMO.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terps - If JD is a dick then so be it. To be a GM for a professional sports team or any type of industry takes not only working hard and smart but making tough decisions and willing to be and look the part of a bad guy if it is best in the end result. In the end this is a business. If players feel so strongly about how JD treats them then how are players receptive to taking hometown discounts when contract discussions occur or do anything and everything it takes for the good of the team on their end?

As stated by others above each individual had separate circumstances that may have caused some kind of miscommunication but to assume that JD is a complete dick and backstabbing is a bit out there IMO.

No, it is not. I was told, long ago, by MULTIPLE people still with the team who were gainfully employed, trustworthy and honest people with no agenda or axe to grind, that JD was a two-faced backstabber and that many people within the organization thought so. This was back in 2010-2011 when all was right in Arlington. And when I say I talked to "people", I mean just that. More than one. Different people. Different occasions. Same exact opinions of JD. Similar stories about JD. Lying to employees' faces then stabbing them in the back. Taking credit for others' successes. Manipulating people. Not treating fellow executives with some basic common professional courtesies. All of these things I was told. The people who told me don't just make up stuff. Then players, coaches, and Nolan hinted at the same allegations after leaving.

Had I never been told any of these things several years back... had it just been from a few knuckleheads like CJ and Kinsler... I'd call "BS" too. But these stories came from trustworthy people not known for fabricating stuff, and well-respected guys like Nolan, Jackie, and MY essentially agreed.

It doesn't matter to me whether people on here believe me or not or whether they believe the people I talked to. I know the truth and that's enough for me. Being shrewd and deceptive with trades, signings, etc. is one thing. Being that way with your own employees is entirely another.

Last edited by a moderator:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that some people bash their previous boss (of course... we're talking about celebrities here who understand the implications of the words they say to the media... but whatever). You're then saying that people like MY and Nolan are not credible sources. Or, that they had "miscommunication." You guys are believing that coincidence happens too often, when I rarely, if ever see it happen to any other team.

Do you guys not see how our GM not having a strong relationship with our best talents would be negative to the team? Some of these guys are all stars. They go to the games every July and talk. They have good relationships with other stars. They are revered VERY highly by us, the fans. You guys think its okay for everyone to be saying how horrible their relationship with JD was? That is absolutely NOT okay. Why would anyone in their right minds come here? Their future is in JD's hands. Its absolutely necessary to be on good terms with the GM, or at least indifferent.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that some people bash their previous boss (of course... we're talking about celebrities here who understand the implications of the words they say to the media... but whatever). You're then saying that people like MY and Nolan are not credible sources. Or, that they had "miscommunication." You guys are believing that coincidence happens too often, when I rarely, if ever see it happen to any other team.

Do you guys not see how our GM not having a strong relationship with our best talents would be negative to the team? Some of these guys are all stars. They go to the games every July and talk. They have good relationships with other stars. They are revered VERY highly by us, the fans. You guys think its okay for everyone to be saying how horrible their relationship with JD was? That is absolutely NOT okay. Why would anyone in their right minds come here? Their future is in JD's hands. Its absolutely necessary to be on good terms with the GM, or at least indifferent.

This discussion is boring and I really don't care what you see in other teams. I don't give a fuck about how the players like the GM. They only need to like the manager and play hard. I don't want my GM to be buddies with players. JD made MY more paid than he ever deserved so boo hoo you felt there was no relationship. Shut up and play.

I wish players would be more like Beltre. Give your all and shut the hell up.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This discussion is boring and I really don't care what you see in other teams. I don't give a fuck about how the players like the GM. They only need to like the manager and play hard. I don't want my GM to be buddies with players. JD made MY more paid than he ever deserved so boo hoo you felt there was no relationship. Shut up and play.

I wish players would be more like Beltre. Give your all and shut the hell up.

Sure. Maybe it should be that way. But its not. Clearly.