• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash Resigns

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...that was sarcasm for what he said about Darvish.

Ah ok I missed it then.

That being said this whole sequence of events has been a bit odd. I think the next couple of months are going to be interesting with the amount of information that's going to leak on this issue.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would never take back all the shit I gave the guy because it was clearly deserved most of the time and I also gave him credit when due. However far between those times were. I hope for his well being and that nothing is wrong with he or a family members health. Not trying to be an ass or kick a man if he is down(hope he isn't) but I can't say that I was going to be glad to see him coach the Rangers again next season. Best of luck RW!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, really the only way I DONT see him quitting on this team is if the reason he resigned wouldve warranted a resignation, regardless of our record. If we had 95 wins would he have still resigned? If most likely yes, then okay. If most likely not, then he quit. He could've waited 3 weeks, but he didn't.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, really the only way I DONT see him quitting on this team is if the reason he resigned wouldve warranted a resignation, regardless of our record. If we had 95 wins would he have still resigned? If most likely yes, then okay. If most likely not, then he quit. He could've waited 3 weeks, but he didn't.

That's the 10 million dollar question. We don't know right now and quite possibly may never know. We can only go by what we know now. But you do have a buddy that works for the organization so I'm sure you'll get some inside information at some point.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Buechele for manager.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quickness of the press conference is puzzling. They really didn't give the media much of a chance to show up unless they were already there.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss the interim manager? Who's takin over for the rest of the season?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron resigning after what he said about Darvish is extremely ironic.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were making a joke about what Wash said about Darvish.

Thought that myself at first, then realized he was serious about him being a quitter

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we see why sarcasm is a bad idea in a forum like this. It is extremely hard to know one way or another sometimes. Even when it isn't used it is expected and sometimes when it is used only the one using it knows. Very hard to tell sometimes.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, holy crap, wow!!!...I've been out all day so just saw the news...don't know how i feel about this right now. Part of me thinks that this season is such a disaster that going into next season with fresh leadership on the field is a good thing...

Part of me thinks that we need a stronger tactician on the field than Wash brings (and we've needed this for quite some time) - we've all discussed this ad nauseum over the last couple of years so no need to beat this dead horse.

Part of me thinks that Wash does bring some level of stability to a franchise in disarray...changing managers at this time just creates more angst and uncertainty about 2015. I was ready to give Wash a pass into 2015 - this season was not his fault by any means...

Part of me (I have many parts!) knows that Wash was the most successful manager in Rangers history and deserved a better ending than this...good luck to you Wash...

Does La Russa want to manage again?? :noidea:...j/k here...

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were making a joke about what Wash said about Darvish.

Probz sounds better if I just went with it. But no, I'm being serious. I know I'm in the moment, and I know I'll probably figure out the REAL reason in the next couple of days either by asking or by the inevitable leak to the media, but I just have a really hard time believing that he couldnt have done 3 more weeks.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidity over at ESPN is overflowing with average Joe "experts" who have attended a couple of games in their lives and are pronouncing this the worst day in club history and Wash the greatest manager to ever walk the Earth. Never mind that most of them couldn't tell you the difference between Alfaro and Profar or that none of them swung a bat past the age of 8.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidity over at ESPN is overflowing with average Joe "experts" who have attended a couple of games in their lives and are pronouncing this the worst day in club history and Wash the greatest manager to ever walk the Earth. Never mind that most of them couldn't tell you the difference between Alfaro and Profar or that none of them swung a bat past the age of 8.

As someone who has wanted Wash to be replaced for years I can tell you that there have been a lot of folks who were very knowledgeable about the game who liked Wash. I have argued with a lot of folks over the years about Wash and some were knowledgeable about the game and some weren't. There are both kinds of fans on all of the forums.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Jeter for manager
Please no.....I've had my fill of Jeter for about 5 years...and the Rangers have already had a HOFer as manager and that didn't go too well (Ted Williams - yeh, ok, a million years ago..Ha!). We need someone that has done this managing thing before...Buechele was mentioned...i hear good things about him...but a Buck Showalter type with years of MLB experience would be best - IMO. This team needs a real kick start from a guy who's rescued struggling franchises before...

...like Billy Martin did, like Johnny Oates did...

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Michael Young comes back to the organization as a coach for next season?