• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors 2.0: from Showtime Lakers to the Spurs

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what I'm saying.

Yeah I’m not disagreeing, just showing all the ifs.

Not sure how well a guy like Klay ages either.

Trading him next summer (after he proves healthy) wouldn’t be the worst move. Same with dray.

But they’re probably gonna run these guys out until they can only move them for pennies in the last few years.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy who doesn't want trolling? I guess you didn't end with an lolzzzz, so you've got that going for you.

Me? I love trolling, I do it all the time. I was just bringing up one of your dumber arguments because it's hilarious.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I’m not disagreeing, just showing all the ifs.

Not sure how well a guy like Klay ages either.

Trading him next summer (after he proves healthy) wouldn’t be the worst move. Same with dray.

But they’re probably gonna run these guys out until they can only move them for pennies in the last few years.

They are going to keep them all until they retire, just like Ginobili and Duncan. Maybe one or two will play a meaningless year or two elsewhere at the end like Parker.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to keep them all until they retire, just like Ginobili and Duncan. Maybe one or two will play a meaningless year or two elsewhere at the end like Parker.

Then they gotta find help in the draft and use their financial muscle to buy picks

The spurs found some nice trash too. They found Bowen and Danny green off the scrap heap.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, let's see. Popovich doesn't win every year either. Never even been to back to back Finals with all his hall of famers.
agreed, but he has taken 2-3 completely different teams to the Finals and won.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me? I love trolling, I do it all the time. I was just bringing up one of your dumber arguments because it's hilarious.
Someone says I take the shooter over the big every time to me it implies Klay (shooter) over Davis (the big).

Did he fail to make his point correctly? Yep
Did I point it out? Sure did

Lolllzzz?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors should still win 50 games this season. They did lose Durant but most of their core is still there, they should be fine.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors should still win 50 games this season. They did lose Durant but most of their core is still there, they should be fine.
Maybe. Depends how long Klay is out IMO as the West looks tougher.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, but he has taken 2-3 completely different teams to the Finals and won.

Completely? He had the big 3....just like the Warriors and Kerr are trying.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Klay in question it's far from likely.

Who said likely? I said they are in the mix. The bookies think they are 6th best to win it THIS year. Better than Boston, Utah, and Denver. The idea is not that they are going to keep motorboating the league, it's that they are going to be in the mix for the next 4-5 years and with some luck (like all champions need) might get another win or two.

I really don't see what's wrong with that logic.

Also, it's just an ACL. Guys come back from those all the time especially with modern medicine. It's not an Achilles, or a blown up knee like Shawn Livingston, or even Paul George's leg break.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone says I take the shooter over the big every time to me it implies Klay (shooter) over Davis (the big).

Did he fail to make his point correctly? Yep
Did I point it out? Sure did

Lolllzzz?

OK, for the last time, and I'm asking this in good faith: do you genuinely not realize how you come across, or is this just your way of having fun here? Nothing wrong with either answer, but there are only two ways to explain your posting/argument style:

1. You like to stir things up, to pretend not to understand what the other guy means if they elide a word or phrase because to most that word or phrase is implicit and obvious, to seize on semantic minutiae and go on for pages about them...you like that because that's how you enjoy posting on message boards. It's trollish and assholish but you are well within your rights to be that way. We'll call this "dtroll"

Or

2. Are you genuinely puzzled by the pushback you get here, by the ridicule and laughter you engender? Do you genuinely think your arguments are rock solid and appropriate in the manner they are presented, and that everyone else misunderstands you and furthermore is incapable of reaching your level of logic? We'll call this "dtsperg"

There is no other alternative. You are either dtroll or dtsperg. If there's a third possibility I'm all ears.

Because here's the thing, the Klay > AD thing encapsulates this perfectly. To non-spergs, Wamu's point was childishly obvious. He was saying given two players of similar or comparable ability, he prefers the one who is a shooter. He did not need to spell out that for players with an obvious chasm between them (like Klay and AD), his point was not applicable. Non-spergs understand that implicitly. So either you literally do not understand his point (one that we all do, easily), or you do and you are dtroll.

As I say, either if fine but I have no idea which it is.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said likely? I said they are in the mix. The bookies think they are 6th best to win it THIS year. Better than Boston, Utah, and Denver. The idea is not that they are going to keep motorboating the league, it's that they are going to be in the mix for the next 4-5 years and with some luck (like all champions need) might get another win or two.

I really don't see what's wrong with that logic.

Also, it's just an ACL. Guys come back from those all the time especially with modern medicine. It's not an Achilles, or a blown up knee like Shawn Livingston, or even Paul George's leg break.

I was responding to the posts below:

Maybe. Depends how long Klay is out IMO as the West looks tougher.

The author of the post tducey said "Warriors should still win 50 games this season". I sure seems like he thinks it's likely.

Dude, you can't handle the end of your Warriors dynasty, you're scrambling around trying to convince yourself everything will be fine, like some teenage angst suffered after getting dumped by the captain of the football team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to the posts below:

The author of the post tducey said "Warriors should still win 50 games this season". I sure seems like he thinks it's likely.

Dude, you can't handle the end of your Warriors dynasty, you're scrambling around trying to convince yourself everything will be fine, like some teenage angst suffered after getting dumped by the captain of the football team.

giphy.gif