• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors 2.0: from Showtime Lakers to the Spurs

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devil's Lettuce is bad......mmmmkay?

How so? It's actually very good, and less harmful than alcohol. Especially in edible/vape form.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see how Dlo fits with them. Also problem is their bench is still pretty trash but yeah I would hate to play this team in round 1 as a higher seed assuming Klay comes back playing like his old self

I don't just mean this year. They have another 5 year window now to win another ring or two, they just aren't the overwhelming favorites anymore. They are more like the Duncan era Spurs. They will make moves over the next 5 years, but they have their core.

I explained this in the post you stopped reading LOL

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't just mean this year. They have another 5 year window now to win another ring or two, they just aren't the overwhelming favorites anymore. They are more like the Duncan era Spurs. They will make moves over the next 5 years, but they have their core.

I explained this in the post you stopped reading LOL

5 year window...?

nah, i don't believe it...:D

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt you're still high if you think they can win 2 in the next 5 years. This year they won't be winning anything so you actually have only 4 years. With their ages, wear and tear from deep playoff runs, and injuries adding up the W's core is getting worse defensively. It was their underrated defense that was a huge reason why they won 3 during their dynasty. Adding D'lo doesn't help their defense so like you said he'll probably go, not sure you get the value you want out of him in a trade, though. Look what OKC got back for Paul George, a bunch of mid level picks, how embarrassing. Moreover, the West just got stronger with the Clippers becoming a juggernaut overnight with 2 stars both younger than Curry and similar age to Klay and Draymond. Needless to say that they will be a formidable opponent during those 5 years. The Lakers just acquired a young top 7 talent in AD that they can build around for another decade. Portland, Utah and the Nuggets are burgeoning contenders with outstanding young cores. If Houston can get Westbrook and Harden to gel then you have Houston with their excellent role players being a force another 5 years. TBH, the next 5 years look rather bleak for the Ws with all things considered. If I were you I would set lower goals like getting passed the second round or winning the first round next year. It's gonna be difficult for W's fans to start eating hamburger again for the next 5 years when they being dining on Lobster and Steak for the last 5 years but that's the price of having a dynasty, they all fall eventually and they take forever to create another one. But keep getting high and whistling in the dark, if it helps.

point_missed.gif

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think you can count out the Warriors because they lost KD. They still have the core that won their first title.

Their bench isn't as strong. But as others have pointed out, they also have an avenue to strengthen it with the addition of D-Lo.

They probably don't win the title this season because of how late Klay will likely be back and it'll be difficult to strengthen their bench because they probably will want to hang on to D-Lo until they see what Klay has when he's back.

But I think that this core is still young enough that they could win a couple of titles before their run is truly over.

This is basically what I'm saying. Sorry @LebronLakers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have thought @CitySushi would like this post/thread, and add to it, but he seems to not like me being another frequent-posting Warriors fan. :noidea:

Too bad, he's a great poster.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have thought @CitySushi would like this post/thread, and add to it, but he seems to not like me being another frequent-posting Warriors fan. :noidea:

Too bad, he's a great poster.

umm, could be he just don't like you...

nahhhhh, i'm just fuckin' with you...:heh:

seriously though, what makes you think it's a "5 year window"...?

how old will your core be by then...?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By then they will be....pretty old.

Which is why they have around 5 years BEFORE they get old. They're not old yet. They have the next few years with the core signed up to try to win another one or two. Like the Spurs did.

@LebronLakers is stuck on the fact that the Warriors aren't the big dog anymore, which is true. They probably don't win this year although their chances aren't much worse than the other 5-6 contenders. In fact they probably have as much chance as say Boston, or Utah, or Denver, etc. And maybe it's some other teams turn to have injuries bite them. But my thesis is about how their model has gone from dominant all time great team to one of a handful of contenders. For the next 4-5 years that's who they are.

These bookies have them at 6th best chance even this year, behind the LA teams, Milwaukee, Houston, and Philly. I'm excited to see how this 'New Spurs' model plays out.

Odds to Win the 2020 NBA Championship Finals

But yeah I don't think @CitySushi likes me. Don't know why, I've never come at him LOL

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sorry I hurt your sensitive homer feelings, maybe you should base your opinions in reality than a take such as mine won’t have you in tears.

OK can we skip the lame troll moves? No one's feelings are hurt, I'm 49 years old and we're just talking about sports, there are no tears involved, you should know by now I'm not the guy to come at like that. We're just talking here. You missed my point, I totally agree the Ws are not even close to favorites this year. I was making a case that their new model is the Spurs model. It might work once or twice, it might not. But is my point valid? Do you want to have a discussion or go with "OMG you are so crying and lame and I pwned you LOLLLLZZZ!!!" ?

Your post was about how the dynasty was over (true) and how they won't be starting another (also true). My point is they are trying to be the Spurs, in the mix every year for a while. Hence, you missed the point.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are grossly overestimating Steve Kerr.

I mean even Luke Walton went 39-4 with the Warriors.

I like Kerr but he doesn't hold a candle to Pop

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steph would be 35.
Klay would be 33.
Dray would still be an asshole. I mean 34.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are grossly overestimating Steve Kerr.

I mean even Luke Walton went 39-4 with the Warriors.

I like Kerr but he doesn't hold a candle to Pop

OK the Walton thing is irrelevant and you know it.

And no one is saying Kerr = Pop. But my gosh is Popovich the last good coach? Can't another coach also be good?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph would be 35.
Klay would be 33.
Dray would still be an asshole. I mean 34.

All very much in the wheelhouse of Jordan in his prime. No I'm not saying they are as good as Jordan for pete's sake.

Dray has grown up a lot. He's fiery and so on (we all loved Barkley for that, didn't we?) but he learned to stop kicking guys in the nuts, and he doesn't get suspensions anymore. He's the guy you hate if he's on the other team but you'd LOVE him as a Celtic.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All very much in the wheelhouse of Jordan in his prime. No I'm not saying they are as good as Jordan for pete's sake.

Dray has grown up a lot. He's fiery and so on (we all loved Barkley for that, didn't we?) but he learned to stop kicking guys in the nuts, and he doesn't get suspensions anymore. He's the guy you hate if he's on the other team but you'd LOVE him as a Celtic.

Nope you said they're better than MJ! Yes I switched your words around. But that's okay. Can't believe you said that.:L

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK the Walton thing is irrelevant and you know it.

And no one is saying Kerr = Pop. But my gosh is Popovich the last good coach? Can't another coach also be good?

Of course there's another good coach out there. What's the Cavs HC's name again?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope you said they're better than MJ! Yes I switched your words around. But that's okay. Can't believe you said that.:L

Well sure they are, just like Klay is better than Anthony Davis.