• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors 2.0: from Showtime Lakers to the Spurs

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If D-Lo doesn't fit, they'll trade him and likely get a nice return for him.

Whether it's during the season, during the off-season or at some point next season, they can decide to keep him if he fits or trade him if he doesn't.

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing a logical argument that supports your claim that they're rushing him back.

Teams always rush players back it's just what they do. They can't help it. They even do it to the detriment of their own team. Even Lebron came back early from his groin injury last year for the only real purpose of making the 8th seed in the west.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams always rush players back it's just what they do. They can't help it. They even do it to the detriment of their own team. Even Lebron came back early from his groin injury last year for the only real purpose of making the 8th seed in the west.

Yep, and players often push themselves to go too early. That is why a good management team would have prevented him even though he may have still wanted to play even if he wasn't pressured.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and players often push themselves to go too early. That is why a good management team would have prevented him even though he may have still wanted to play even if he wasn't pressured.

Do you remember of any teams that haven't rushed a player back? Maybe, the Raptors last year with Kawhi. That's all I can remember.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair though, even if it turned out that they actually did rush KD back, the circumstances were far different with KD than they are with Klay.

With KD, they were in the finals and trying to win a title. Also, it was considered all but a done deal that KD was leaving. So, in that case, there is a logical argument to be made that the Warriors were trying to get 1 more title with KD before he left and rushed him back.

I personally don't believe that happened, but at least there's a logical argument for it.

With Klay, it's the off-season and they just agreed to pay him $190 million over the next 5 years. I fail to see any logical argument for them to be rushing him back now.

Yeah, i think the KD was leaving kinda put them in a win-win situation if you will. He was likely leaving either way, and they all knew this. So if they play him and win, it was very smart. If something bad happens , which it did, no biggie...He wasn't staying anyways and his slight help might have let them still win. It is dirty but i bet some of them felt that way. They have an owner that pushed a player in the finals. They don't seem like the classiest organization. It all came down to winning with them, and it kinda blew up on their face. Who knows if they didn't rush back Durant, maybe he would have stayed.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember of any teams that haven't rushed a player back? Maybe, the Raptors last year with Kawhi. That's all I can remember.

The spurs if you remember were pissed at Kawhi for not coming back early after being "cleared". He turned out to be the only smart one in the situation.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i think the KD was leaving kinda put them in a win-win situation if you will. He was likely leaving either way, and they all knew this. So if they play him and win, it was very smart. If something bad happens , which it did, no biggie...He wasn't staying anyways. It is dirty but i bet some of them felt that way. They have an owner that pushed a player in the finals. They don't seem like the classiest organization. It all came down to winning with them, and it kinda blew up on their face. Who knows if they didn't rush back Durant, maybe he would have stayed.

I think posters here understate or don't understand the pressure to win now especially when you are on the cusp of a championship.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spurs if you remember were pissed at Kawhi for not coming back early after being "cleared". He turned out to be the only smart one in the situation.

LOL...The Spurs really blew that one. Remember they had Parker feed the media with his own quad recovery and how it shouldn't take that long to recover? These teams are all the same and these posters want to pretend they are not.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think posters here understate or don't understand the pressure to win now especially when you are on the cusp of a championship.

And the pressure didn't ratchet up if you will like shaqdaddy when she is in heat, until they got behind in the series

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i think the KD was leaving kinda put them in a win-win situation if you will. He was likely leaving either way, and they all knew this. So if they play him and win, it was very smart. If something bad happens , which it did, no biggie...He wasn't staying anyways and his slight help might have let them still win. It is dirty but i bet some of them felt that way. They have an owner that pushed a player in the finals. They don't seem like the classiest organization. It all came down to winning with them, and it kinda blew up on their face. Who knows if they didn't rush back Durant, maybe he would have stayed.

Except they didn't rush back Durant, and he didn't stay. Still not too bright there, kiddo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

Everyone understands it.

What you aren’t getting is who the pressure is coming from.

The pressure comes from fans, media and from the injured player himself who wants to cowboy up and play regardless of what the doctors say.

So it is fair to say KD was under immense pressure to return.

But you are assuming that pressure came from the organization when KD himself is saying that it didn’t.

I choose to take KD at his word because he has no reason to cover up for GS here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Everyone understands it.

The pressure comes from fans, media and from the injured player himself who wants to cowboy up and play regardless of what the doctors say.

But you are assuming that pressure came from the organization when KD himself is saying that it didn’t.

I choose to take KD at his word because he has no reason to cover up for GS here.
"No reason to cover up"?

How about not to burn a bridge?

Isn't to say he lied, but that would be a good reason to lie.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love/Kyrie all series make a bigger diff than having Klay the extra couple games he missed?

Apples and oranges.

And I am not going down this rabbit hole again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No reason to cover up"?

How about not to burn a bridge?

Isn't to say he lied, but that would be a good reason to lie.

Since when has KD cared about burning bridges?

And if he truly felt like they screwed him, I doubt he would care.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Everyone understands it.

I addressed this in an early post but I will reiterate it here. KD has a fragile ego who wants to end the narrative that he was too weak minded to stand up to the GS organization. Durant has an image of himself that he wants out there that doesn't paint him as a pussy. He isn't going to state that GS bullied him or else that would be admitting he is weak, therefore to appear like the strong alpha male he wants to be he announced to the world "Hell No" they didn't push me. But make no mistake about it, he was pushed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges.

And I am not going down this rabbit hole again.
well sure it is apples/oranges. 1 team had a star miss the entire series and another all but one game......Klay only missed, what, a couple games?