• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors 2.0: from Showtime Lakers to the Spurs

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually the best argument for an asterisk that I have seen.

I still don't think any title should have an asterisk (even when the Pistons beat the Lakers when they were without Magic and Byron Scott).

But, in the context that you put it in, it actually makes some sense.

I hated when Worthy was on one leg when the Bulls played the Lakers. I think that could have been a great series with a healthy Worthy instead it was a bust. The fans really get screwed with these injuries.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GS organization's eagerness to get Klay back on the floor has trickled down to the medical staff comprising their judgement. It's amazing how you see what others want you to see when the circumstances are right.

Yeah, not buying it. Making an off-season announcement that he's ahead of schedule doesn't equate to them rushing him back.

If the announcement were that he's ahead of schedule and is now expected to return in December, then you might have a point. But from what I've seen, nothing has changed as far as the February timetable.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not buying it. Making an off-season announcement that he's ahead of schedule doesn't equate to them rushing him back.

If the announcement were that he's ahead of schedule and is now expected to return in December, then you might have a point. But from what I've seen, nothing has changed as far as the February timetable.

At the 4:22 mark, Klay is asked when he thinks he can be out on the court.

He said it's hard to say. He said he's hoping to see the floor this year but he said he's also not rushing anything because he wants to play till he's 40. Klay said he's been advised by so many different opinions that its hard for him to gauge. He said he thinks he'll be able to see the court this season but doubts it'll be before all star break. Also mentioned he's aware it's a 10 to 12 month injury. Sounds like he has more than realistic expectations of his diagnosis and his timetable for return.

The Warriors aren't going to rush Klay, LOL. They just invested 190M in him over the next 5 years. But whatevs...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated when Worthy was on one leg when the Bulls played the Lakers. I think that could have been a great series with a healthy Worthy instead it was a bust. The fans really get screwed with these injuries.

It would have been a better series. But I think the Bulls still win.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He said it's hard to say. He said he's hoping to see the floor this year but he said he's also not rushing anything because he wants to play till he's 40. Klay said he's been advised by so many different opinions that its hard for him to gauge. He said he thinks he'll be able to see the court this season but doubts it'll be before all star break. Also mentioned he's aware it's a 10 to 12 month injury. Sounds like he has more than realistic expectations of his diagnosis and his timetable for return.

The Warriors aren't going to rush Klay, LOL. They just invested 190M in him over the next 5 years. But whatevs...

Exactly. Even if one buys into the narrative that they rushed KD back (I don't buy it), it would be understandable when considering they were in the finals.

To be rushing him back in the off-season would be beyond stupid. I don't think that even the Knicks would do that.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like he may not be on the same page as GS. No surprise there.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been a better series. But I think the Bulls still win.

Nah. Big Game James would have dominated. It would have changed the whole dynamic of the series. Pippen would have to try to guard Worthy instead of Magic leaving Magic with more freedom to operate. Lakers in 6.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he may not be on the same page as GS. No surprise there.

So you genuinely believe the Warriors are going to rush Klay back for the regular season after just signing him to a 5 year extension.

Let's say for argument's sake the Warriors were dumb enough to rush KD back. His injury occurred and we know what happened next.

With that bit of history, you think the Warriors would then double down on stupidity and rush back a guy on a max contract?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Big Game James would have dominated. It would have changed the whole dynamic of the series. Pippen would have to try to guard Worthy instead of Magic leaving Magic with more freedom to operate. Lakers in 6.

True. But I don't think that Lakers team even belonged in the finals. They really had no business getting past the Blazers.

I still think the Bulls take it, but it likely is a much closer series. I'd say Bulls in 7.

Having said that, it was also the Bulls first finals trip and with all of the Lakers title experience (Magic, Worthy, Byron, AC) it would be hard to bet against them in a game 7.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you genuinely believe the Warriors are going to rush Klay back for the regular season after just signing him to a 5 year extension.

Let's say for argument's sake the Warriors were dumb enough to rush KD back. His injury occurred and we know what happened next.

With that bit of history, you think the Warriors would then double down on stupidity and rush back a guy on a max contract?

Yes. They said he was ahead schedule with his time table. Code for “We hope he can get back sooner”. These teams never learn.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But I don't think that Lakers team even belonged in the finals. They really had no business getting past the Blazers.

I still think the Bulls take it, but it likely is a much closer series. I'd say Bulls in 7.

Having said that, it was also the Bulls first finals trip and with all of the Lakers title experience (Magic, Worthy, Byron, AC) it would be hard to bet against them in a game 7.
I think the Blazers succumb to the Lakers because of that experience. The Blazers really had more talent.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the Warriors were dumb enough to rush KD back. And what happened to him is proof that team doctors # 1 obligation is to the franchise, not the player.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They said he was ahead schedule with his time table. Code for “We hope he can get back sooner”. These teams never learn.

Of course they hope he can get back sooner. Everyone, including Klay himself, hopes he can get back sooner.

Hoping he can get back sooner and pressuring him to get back sooner are 2 completely different things.

Also, assuming they are trying to pressure him into coming back too early, in the off-season, after just agreeing to pay him $190 million over the next 5 years because they said he's "ahead of schedule" is just about as dumb as if they were actually pressuring him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Warriors were dumb enough to rush KD back. And what happened to him is proof that team doctors # 1 obligation is to the franchise, not the player.

KD had his own doctors and advisers. Sought outside medical opinions. You think Rich Kleinman is just going to be like "yeah, ok let's just trust everything the Warriors say".

Man I feel like everyone just wants to discard logic when it comes to this scenario.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they hope he can get back sooner. Everyone, including Klay himself, hopes he can get back sooner.

Hoping he can get back sooner and pressuring him to get back sooner are 2 completely different things.

Also, assuming they are trying to pressure him into coming back too early, in the off-season, after just agreeing to pay him $190 million over the next 5 years because they said he's "ahead of schedule" is just about as dumb as if they were actually pressuring him.

What's odd is Klay on 1 leg is still a better defender than Jammin' Jimmer Fredette. Ain't dat right @Mecca?:heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Blazers succumb to the Lakers because of that experience. The Blazers really had more talent.

Agree. They had just been to the finals the season before, but the Lakers still had a lot more experience than the Blazers.

When the Lakers won game 1 in Portland, I think it kind of shook them and they never recovered.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD had his own doctors and advisers. Sought outside medical opinions. You think Rich Kleinman is just going to be like "yeah, ok let's just trust everything the Warriors say".

Man I feel like everyone just wants to discard logic when it comes to this scenario.

I haven't discarded logic. I had no idea KD was listening to his own doctors. So not knowing he had his own doctors isn't discarding logic. Nice try.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

Well there's an ozone alert all day so I ain't going anywhere. Wanna pick a topic we can argue about? I'm bored.:heh:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't discarded logic. I had no idea KD was listening to his own doctors. So not knowing he had his own doctors isn't discarding logic. Nice try.

I'm completely open to the idea that the Warriors didn't do anything to prevent KD from himself. That much is evident. However KD isn't going to play unless he wants to. He's not going to play unless he gets cleared by his own doctors.

The Warriors I don't think pressured him into playing, but when he was cleared I do think they were more interested in what he could do for them in the next few games than what he could do for them for the next few years.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

Well there's an ozone alert all day so I ain't going anywhere. Wanna pick a topic we can argue about? I'm bored.:heh:

Al Horford vs. Kevin Love.

GOOOOOOOOOO