• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors 2.0: from Showtime Lakers to the Spurs

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds of an ascending player suddenly regressing on a much better team? Doubtful. Overrated most likely, but he is still improving each year.
He seems like the perfect player to do that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary expenses could be huge. Let’s say you have a young player who develops who you want to give a big contract to, you may be inclined to hesitate because of the luxury tax impact especially if your team isn’t playing well. I’m of the philosophy that you don’t makes moves like you have endless amounts of funds. If you do you end up still paying for Luol Deng even when he’s not on your team like the Lakers.

That's one factor that's true, but as of right now the Warriors don't have a single young player to fit that category. The only hope is that one of the incoming crop of players makes that leap, but when they're up for extensions will be another 4 years from now. At that time, D'Lo will be going into his last year with the team and at the very worst will be an expiring contract to deal.

The Warriors will also retain bird rights on those restricted free agents and be allowed to go over the cap to sign him.

So in this hypothetical, it really works out again in the Warriors favor because they'll have someone worthy of paying. They'll be a luxury tax team at that point again, but it'll be worth the sacrifice if the team is competitive.

Really the only way this goes down in flames is if D'Lo in addition to one of the Warriors other big 3 tails off substantially. Then their contracts in combination would hamper the team. But D'Lo on his own, doesn't really make the Warriors worse off.

Additionally...have you hear the Warriors have a new arena? LOOOLZ

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one factor that's true, but as of right now the Warriors don't have a single young player to fit that category. The only hope is that one of the incoming crop of players makes that leap, but when they're up for extensions will be another 4 years from now. At that time, D'Lo will be going into his last year with the team and at the very worst will be an expiring contract to deal.

The Warriors will also retain bird rights on those restricted free agents and be allowed to go over the cap to sign him.

So in this hypothetical, it really works out again in the Warriors favor because they'll have someone worthy of paying. They'll be a luxury tax team at that point again, but it'll be worth the sacrifice if the team is competitive.

Really the only way this goes down in flames is if D'Lo in addition to one of the Warriors other big 3 tails off substantially. Then their contracts in combination would hamper the team. But D'Lo on his own, doesn't really make the Warriors worse off.

Additionally...have you hear the Warriors have a new arena? LOOOLZ

I think taking gambles with money isn’t my sort of risk I like taking. Making decisions based on money being disposable doesn’t usually end up well but that’s just my experience, it almost always bites you in the ass. Lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think taking gambles with money isn’t my sort of risk I like taking. Making decisions based on money being disposable doesn’t usually end up well but that’s just my experience, it almost always bites you in the ass. Lol
Well, maybe that's why you aren't an NBA team-owning billionaire? I think Lacob knows how to handle money better than any of us here

And again, are you suggesting they should have just let KD walk? Have you read the posts here, they gain nothing that way not even cap flexibility

I think you're just going a roundabout way to say you think DLo is overrated. You could have just said that

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. But at the same time this is a different situation in that there's no way the Warriors COULD even spend the money if they wanted to without the trade.

None of the current Warriors young players on their roster are worthy of any kind of extension. At best this incoming class might be good but they won't have to pay to retain any of them for another 4 years.

So it's a risk worth taking if it's the only significant way the Warriors can upgrade their roster. They have maybe 3-4 years of prime play left in their core. Not investing any money in trying to capitalize on that and expect high level outcomes would be an even riskier play.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe that's why you aren't an NBA team-owning billionaire? I think Lacob knows how to handle money better than any of us here

I heard he lives in Atherton, which is just a waste of money. He could live in Hillsborough in a similar mansion for like half the price and be closer to the city. Dummy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be

what if

maybe

big time pussy

“I will fly to Mars if...”

“I will cut off a testicle if...”

= big time idiot with 1 testicle living in Mars.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 idiot in this conversation.

And it is me.

Of course the Clippers are the team to beat on paper. I am certainly not betting on the Warriors this year.

But you forget the Warriors also missed Klay for 1.5 home games that they very easily could have won with him against Toronto. KD played 1 quarter.

And they have a 4th all star who makes a pretty nice trade chip.

You realize that your desire to crap on the Warriors and their talent only cheapens the Cavs accomplishments, right?

No matter how much you complain, the Cavs aren’t ever going to be awarded the 2015 title. So maybe instead of trashing the franchise that beat you 3 times, you should try admitting they are pretty damn good.

True, you are an idiot lol

I was just telling you the truth. It had nothing to do with the Cavs or "crapping on the warriors," that was your own deflection.

Everything i said was true, yet here you are desperately making excuses again about guys missing games "again", i wish you worked this hard for the cavs when they had real injuries back in 2015, Sad! lol

Last but not least, it's hilarious how you claim i complain about the cavs injuries back in 2015 and then you go and do the exact same thing in 2019 talking about how they could have "easily won" if klay had just been able to play 1.5 games more. Classic!

Last edited:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be very interesting to see just how good Curry is this year- and how much he can raise his teams fortunes.

No matter what happens tlance will be in here making excuses for him...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs still got plenty of game. Injuries hopefully are not lingering and they get good pieces around their core

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a big fan of throwing out the retard card, but whatever.

I'll throw this out there.....Before last year's playoffs began did you give Toronto much of a chance to get to the Finals and knock off GS?

shit happens.

Look at me arguing post and not poster......again.

That was just the attention grabber

Toronto got as lucky as GS did back in 2015. Shit happens, but you won't see me arguing that GS was actually better without Durant and Thompson like someone arguing the cavs were better with delly and TT instead. I think his main argument was they played better defesne lol...2016 proved that wrong pretty damn hard tho.

Tlance can cry about this and that all he wants but the facts remain, without Durant all they did was win something similar to what Toronto won last year. So lets see if they can prove me wrong, i doubt it bigly!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens tlance will be in here making excuses for him...
lol....well if does Curry shoots this percentage and if he only sits out this many games and he teammates help him with this and kerr doesnt get hurt and the rest of the western conference regresses and he tickles Klays balls a certain way pregame MAYBE he will have a shot to...........

what a pussy

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The model is the Spurs, who were never the big dog gorilla team that everyone feared at the start of the year, they were just excellent and contenders year after year. Never got to back to back Finals (let alone won back to back).

Not to totally nitpick but this is inaccurate.

Haven't read the rest of the thread so someone may have already pointed this out but the Spurs did make back-to-back trips to the Finals once. Losing to and then beating the Heat the next year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....well if does Curry shoots this percentage and if he only sits out this many games and he teammates help him with this and kerr doesnt get hurt and the rest of the western conference regresses and he tickles Klays balls a certain way pregame MAYBE he will have a shot to...........

what a pussy

You only talk about basketball though right?

At least 60 percent of your posts are troll attempts and/or personal attacks.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[

Haven't read the rest of the thread so someone may have already pointed this out but the Spurs did make back-to-back trips to the Finals once. Losing to and then beating the Heat the next year.

It was already mentioned in this thread but it's good for msgkings to hear he is wrong more than once...lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, you are an idiot lol

I was just telling you the truth. It had nothing to do with the Cavs or "crapping on the warriors," that was your own deflection.

Everything i said was true, yet here you are desperately making excuses again about guys missing games "again", i wish you worked this hard for the cavs when they had real injuries back in 2015, Sad! lol

Last but not least, it's hilarious how you claim i complain about the cavs injuries back in 2015 and then you go and do the exact same thing in 2019 talking about how they could have "easily won" if klay had just been able to play 1.5 games more. Classic!

Dude.

Your “truth” is viewed through the thickest set of Cleveland homer goggles ever.

Of course GS could have won with Klay healthy. That is common sense.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And again, are you suggesting they should have just let KD walk? Have you read the posts here, they gain nothing that way not even cap flexibility

I think you're just going a roundabout way to say you think DLo is overrated. You could have just said that

DLo is overrated.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLo is overrated.

DLo Brown doesn't get near enough credit for his work in the Nation of Domin......

oh shit.

Wrong DLo.

My bad.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah someone already corrected me