• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors 2.0: from Showtime Lakers to the Spurs

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m curious how long it takes him to get back. I’d be slow and deliberate
The talk here is February, and apparently his rehab is ahead of schedule. That dude is as athletic and in shape as any in the league. He never missed games before this, and he's a pure gym rat. It's 2019 and it's a simple ACL. He'll be fine.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good strategy....keep posting stuff about people being mad that you dont like about internet conversations----- seems like you are the one that gets more hot and bothered by anyone.

and oh yah

Klay will never again be the player he once was.

N

E

V

E

R
Knee injuries are more serious than people think. First off, once any ligament in the body is torn, it’s easier to tear again. Second of all, the knee takes a long time to heal and gain confidence in again. Often, you aren’t the same player especially when you’re in your late twenties and the knee injury is severe as Klay’s was. Off hand, I remember Charles Barkley was never the same after his knee injury. I’ve had a knee injury myself, similar to Klay’s, I came down funny on it but I’m not the high flyer Klay is and he was quite high when he came down on it. I would suspect Klay’s is much worse and he will take longer to come back than the timeline that was established. Klay relies on his athleticism for both his offense and defense, there is a good chance it’s a chronic issue throughout the next couple of seasons where his knee “acts up” under the pressure of intense play. It’s another reason why DLo will probably end up sticking around for a couple of seasons while Klay struggles to return to form (which he won’t). This shortens the W’s window to compete to 3 years with their “Spurs type” core. Of course, by then Curry will be a bit long in the tooth with suspect ankles that are bound to not age well. The W’s are really an absolute mess with max money committed to 4 players that have a 3 year window during their down years in the NBA except for DLo. This is why I LOL’ed at the OP’s overly optimistic, homer post, it completely ignored all the potential issues of keeping this flawed core together while adding a guaranteed flop to the mix. I hope for CitySushi and Msgkings I’m wrong but let’s be honest, I’m gonna be laughing in their faces the next 5 years, as I am now…LMAO.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knee injuries are more serious than people think. First off, once any ligament in the body is torn, it’s easier to tear again. Second of all, the knee takes a long time to heal and gain confidence in again. Often, you aren’t the same player especially when you’re in your late twenties and the knee injury is severe as Klay’s was. Off hand, I remember Charles Barkley was never the same after his knee injury. I’ve had a knee injury myself, similar to Klay’s, I came down funny on it but I’m not the high flyer Klay is and he was quite high when he came down on it. I would suspect Klay’s is much worse and he will take longer to come back than the timeline that was established. Klay relies on his athleticism for both his offense and defense, there is a good chance it’s a chronic issue throughout the next couple of seasons where his knee “acts up” under the pressure of intense play. It’s another reason why DLo will probably end up sticking around for a couple of seasons while Klay struggles to return to form (which he won’t). This shortens the W’s window to compete to 3 years with their “Spurs type” core. Of course, by then Curry will be a bit long in the tooth with suspect ankles that are bound to not age well. The W’s are really an absolute mess with max money committed to 4 players that have a 3 year window during their down years in the NBA except for DLo. This is why I LOL’ed at the OP’s overly optimistic, homer post, it completely ignored all the potential issues of keeping this flawed core together while adding a guaranteed flop to the mix. I hope for CitySushi and Msgkings I’m wrong but let’s be honest, I’m gonna be laughing in their faces the next 5 years, as I am now…LMAO.
TL;DR
He's ahead of schedule. Come up with a way to bet it and I will.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL;DR
He's ahead of schedule. Come up with a way to bet it and I will.

GS never learns. Rushing KD back, now rushing Klay back. What bet can you make? They will rush him back and cause him to have chronic knee problems his whole life. What is there to bet?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The improvements in knee surgery from Barkley's time to now have jumped in leaps and bounds. Knee injuries used to end careers; now, they barely keep players out for a full season to recover. A tear of multiple ligaments can take more than a year to recover from, but Klay's injury was not that severe. Comparing your recovery from injury to that of a millionaire professional athlete is problematic to say the least.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS never learns. Rushing KD back, now rushing Klay back. What bet can you make? They will rush him back and cause him to have chronic knee problems his whole life. What is there to bet?
Surrender accepted

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The improvements in knee surgery from Barkley's time to now have jumped in leaps and bounds. Knee injuries used to end careers; now, they barely keep players out for a full season to recover. A tear of multiple ligaments can take more than a year to recover from, but Klay's injury was not that severe. Comparing your recovery from injury to that of a millionaire professional athlete is problematic to say the least.

Medicine has improved but it's still very serious and what you have today is guys having chronic knee problems that they need to ice constantly. The difference is that an injury today won't end their career but make no mistake about it, they are comprised much more than you want to believe. Honestly, GS is a stupid organization, they rush players from their injury too fast. Didn't GS fans complain that Curry was never right in the Finals when he came back from injury in 2016? And Curry's injury wasn't nearly as severe.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright then, come up with an acceptable bet.
I asked Wiggy to, if he ducks me as is typical for him I'll try to come up with something

You could help, maybe figure out his average PER over the last 5 years and we can use that

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medicine has improved but it's still very serious and what you have today is guys having chronic knee problems that they need to ice constantly. The difference is that an injury today won't end their career but make no mistake about it, they are comprised much more than you want to believe. Honestly, GS is a stupid organization, they rush players from their injury too fast. Didn't GS fans complain that Curry was never right in the Finals when he came back from injury in 2016? And Curry's injury wasn't nearly as severe.
What you don't know about basketball is a lot.

Also they didn't rush KD back, check earlier in this thread, he said so himself and he has no reason to hold back if he has a problem with how he was handled

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't know about basketball is a lot.

Also they didn't rush KD back, check earlier in this thread, he said so himself and he has no reason to hold back if he has a problem with how he was handled

KD is clueless, he was obviously rushed back or else he wouldn't have injured his leg.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is clueless, he was obviously rushed back or else he wouldn't have injured his leg.
Uh, nope. Read something before you say stupid shit.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay's PER

2014-15 20.8
2015-16 18.6
2016-17 17.4
2017-18 16.0
2018-19 16.6

Here is the problem. As you can see his PER was higher during the seasons before Durant and was lower when Durant took control of more of the offense. With Durant gone again, his PER will most likely rise again due to higher usage. How are we going to account for this?

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, nope. Read something before you say stupid shit.

Durant is too stupid to realize it himself.

He says "Hell No" but it's obvious that they put pressure on him to come back and he subsequently put pressure on himself. For fuck sake, they are doing it again with Klay.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo
Durant is too stupid to realize it himself.

He says "Hell No" but it's obvious that they put pressure on him to come back and he subsequently put pressure on himself. For fuck sake, they are doing it again with Klay.
You're a drama queen

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's what you mean by calling out a franchise for its ineptness then so be it.
No I just mean you are overly dramatic

And gimme five more years of Golden State ineptness please!

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I just mean you are overly dramatic

And gimme five more years of Golden State ineptness please!

It's easy to overcome ineptness when you have 2 prime MVP's on your team. Those days are over, my friend. Now the real work starts and it isn't starting out well with rushing Klay back. They need to hold him out the entire season. If they rush him back he'll either injure his knee again or overcompensate for his knee and injure something else. Without Klay this whole GS plan is going to crumble, the W's need to wise up and play it smart.