• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wagner next.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when the Seahawks sign Wagner to an extension (or he is franchised), THEN they are really screwed. They won't be able to sign any of their key core players.

OMG, we as fans are screwed and so are the Hawks, just wait. Seattle is DONE!

Yeah, DONE signing EVERY Key Core Player, every one of them. Nice job Hawks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we will lose players. But we aren't going to lose young critical players. I think we are nearing the end of the road for Okung and Mebane. This year or next.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest if Mebane is on this roster this year ill be a little shocked and if he is on it next year ill be totally shocked. I also think Okung might be gone next year unless he signs for a good/great price.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest if Mebane is on this roster this year ill be a little shocked and if he is on it next year ill be totally shocked. I also think Okung might be gone next year unless he signs for a good/great price.
I'm thinking Mebane gets cut this year so the Seahawks can extend Wagner. His future here would be short even if Wagner didn't need extending IMO. Good player and I think he can still play, but he's a older vet coming off an injury and not cheap. Some team will snatch him up, I say trade him, but I don't think teams would trade for him because they know he'll be cut most likely. Sure would be nice if the Seahawks could get any kind of value for him though.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebane, Okung, Irvin, Michael, McDaniel.

Here are 5 guys that won't be with the Seahawks much longer.

Mebane, old, injured, not as productive
Okung, old, injured, not as productive, expensive.
Irvin, young, not high FB IQ, athletic, very replaceable for his asking cost......rookie can fill.
Michael, young, not high FB IQ, athletic, very replaceable for his asking cost......rookie can fill.
McDaniel, good cost, but still millions, that will be filled by younger/cheaper/better players.

Love my Hawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irvin, young, not high FB IQ, athletic, very replaceable for his asking cost......rookie can fill.
Michael, young, not high FB IQ, athletic, very replaceable for his asking cost......rookie can fill.
McDaniel, good cost, but still millions, that will be filled by younger/cheaper/better players.

Love my Hawks.
Yup although I think Michael gets this training camp to change the Seahawks mind.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup although I think Michael gets this training camp to change the Seahawks mind.

Micheal, I think, Seahawk Brass, knows WAY more than we do about Michael, and I predict this.

They will run the shit out of him in preseason to do this:
a) Find out if he is the RB they think he is (good or bad) Is he or isn't he?
b) Run up his stats to trade him because they know he is NOT the guy.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Okung is probably on his last go round as a Hawks unless he wants to sign for a team friendly deal. Therefore it kinda scares me to think we need to be looking for a stud LT soon who can step right in. Those are not easy to find and often happen higher in the 1st rd, in which case we'll need to be trading up soon. This team hasn't shown a tendency to do that in drafts much and kinda needing that makes me anxious.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Okung is probably on his last go round as a Hawks unless he wants to sign for a team friendly deal. Therefore it kinda scares me to think we need to be looking for a stud LT soon who can step right in. Those are not easy to find and often happen higher in the 1st rd, in which case we'll need to be trading up soon. This team hasn't shown a tendency to do that in drafts much and kinda needing that makes me anxious.
I agree not having a quality LT is not a good thing in the least. Doesn't help that drafting OL doesn't seem to be something the Seahawks are good at. I think moving up in the first round would be a good idea also, guess we'll see how it works out.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love my Hawks.

Okung is not old. He's 27. The injuries are going to concern people but I'm sure there's a team that will roll the dice on him and make him too expensive for us. When he's in there he's great. If he gets in all 16 and plays his game then he's gone.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheal, I think, Seahawk Brass, knows WAY more than we do about Michael, and I predict this.

They will run the shit out of him in preseason to do this:
a) Find out if he is the RB they think he is (good or bad) Is he or isn't he?
b) Run up his stats to trade him because they know he is NOT the guy.

I believe if we can get a 4th for him depending on this preseason we should do it. It sounds (from what I've read) they are really high on Thomas. I can't image gaining anything higher, even though it cost us a 2.