• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W10 WFT@Seahawks 4:05/1:05 Fox/CTV 2.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The person who I want to hear offer some analysis on this (for the defense) is KJ Wright.

Yeah. I listened to him talk about this a couple of weeks ago on Brock and Salk. I think after the Browns game. He talked a lot about how it is instinct and execution first and foremost.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I listened to him talk about this a couple of weeks ago on Brock and Salk. I think after the Browns game. He talked a lot about how it is instinct and execution first and foremost.
Speaking of the Browns game, here's the NFL in a nutshell:

Just 2 weeks ago, we beat the Browns on a late game-winning drive. The very next week, we get slaughtered by Baltimore..... who lost yesterday to the Browns. The unlearned lesson is we just shouldn't get too worked up either way on the result of 1 game.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Browns game, here's the NFL in a nutshell:

Just 2 weeks ago, we beat the Browns on a late game-winning drive. The very next week, we get slaughtered by Baltimore..... who lost yesterday to the Browns. The unlearned lesson is we just shouldn't get too worked up either way on the result of 1 game.
Exactly, every week is different. The constant bitching and moaning about every single outcome is just lazy and boring to me. Be pissed that they fucked up for a minute. Fine, but then calm down and move on but we'd rather focus on the doom and gloom than actually cheer for our team.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, every week is different. The constant bitching and moaning about every single outcome is just lazy and boring to me. Be pissed that they fucked up for a minute. Fine, but then calm down and move on but we'd rather focus on the doom and gloom than actually cheer for our team.
  • What's our record? 6-3...
  • How many points did our offense score yesterday? 29pts...
  • Did the QB play get better in the 4th quarter of the game when it mattered most? Yes... Last two drives of the game Geno went 9 for 10 - 100 yards and a TD... We scored a TD and then a FG to win it on the last 2 drives...

Why isn't our focus there? I get getting upset at Geno in the 1st half but I don't understand not giving him any credit for playing well at the end when it mattered... That's the, "focus on the doom and gloom" that you're referring to... Seems like every single drop back is scrutinized, which is why you say, "it's just lazy and boring to me"... I feel the same way...

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first three quarters were hard to watch offensively and we should have had more points.
But geno figured it out and got his shit together in the 4th quarter, he is safe for now.
Looking ahead though, the schedule is absolutely bruuuuuuuutal and we have to go into La and win or the season will be on the precipice.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Did the QB play get better in the 4th quarter of the game when it mattered most? Yes... Last two drives of the game Geno went 9 for 10 - 100 yards and a TD... We scored a TD and then a FG to win it on the last 2 drives...

Why isn't our focus there? I get getting upset at Geno in the 1st half but I don't understand not giving him any credit for playing well at the end when it mattered... That's the "focus on the doom and gloom" that you referred to... Seems like every single drop back is scrutinized, which is what you state, "it's just lazy and boring to me"... I feel the same way...

Blaming the QB for all the team's woes is a common, and lazy, way of looking at the game.

The QB is the most important player on the field because they are, more or less, involved in every offensive play. And their poor play will have a bigger impact than other players. But they are also blamed when other players fail to do their job. I'm thinking of the play yesterday where Fant was running an out slant. He made his cut and then slowed down. Geno threw the ball to where he THOUGHT Fant would be. Incompletion with Geno looking like he blew it.

Holding penalties have been also killing us.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made his cut and then slowed down. Geno threw the ball to where he THOUGHT Fant would be. Incompletion with Geno looking like he blew it.

Holding penalties have been also killing us.
that was definitely fants fault, no question.

but geno missed other throws like the one where he had lockett open on the sideline and overthrew it by what looked like 10 feet. then the intentional grounding that took away at least a FG try before the half. and just in general on a lot of plays where he had plenty of time he looked lost, if a QB has 5 seconds of clean pocket he should be hitting wide open guys.

youre going to tell me with the talent we have at WR nobody was open?

the brain trust on KJR seems to think we wont be drafting a QB, but good Lord please we have to draft a QB I almost dont care what it takes at this point.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean okay Fant I guess quit on the route but he was staring back at Smith and WIDE open the entire time.... that route he was running takes another 1-1.5 seconds to reach the sideline, he's LOOKING at you... just THROW IT like 1 second earlier, who cares. I think Fant was just left so ridiculously wide open he was probably screaming, "Hit me hit me" and just kind of sat there because there was nothing left to run. Even if Fant went full speed it still seems like it was thrown too far outside. Had Geno gone more inside that probably would've been picked or contested.

If you're that wide open you don't need to wait for the route to finish to throw him the fuckin' ball if he's LOOKING at you (which he was)... just launch that shit.

I know this is all happening ridiculously fast but if the mentality is, "Well he's open, WIDE open.. but nope, hasn't run the full route yet.. nope, gotta wait till he finishes that first..." then really?

I dunno, I'd have to go back and watch the game to double check but that's kind of what I saw. Fant aside, there was a TON of balls thrown behind or underthrown, mostly to DK until things started finally getting in sync. Couple interceptions that easily could've happened as well.

I can't fully blame Geno. The fact the defensive outside of the 1st series snafu basically played lights out and then collapsed in the 4th was fairly maddening...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why isn't our focus there? I get getting upset at Geno in the 1st half but I don't understand not giving him any credit for playing well at the end when it mattered... That's the, "focus on the doom and gloom" that you're referring to... Seems like every single drop back is scrutinized, which is why you say, "it's just lazy and boring to me"... I feel the same way...

It wasn't just the first half it was the first 3 and 1/2 quarters. The Hawks went with timing patterns and used a lot of Iso routes where Geno had ONE READ or run/dump off to RB/TE and thats when the offense picked up. Coincidence? I think not, this is playing to his strength and what i have been screaming for. As for the yards he put up? Look no farther than the fact the Hawks had the most yards after catch in a single game in the NFL this season. Good for them! The talent is there to do that often. Quick timing patterns getting the guys the ball fast and letting them run after the catch is the strength of this teams offense. Geno averaged just over 2 yards per attempt and 3 yards per completion, thats where he needs to be to keep his brain farts under control.

These type plays will also suck the defense up to the LoS and open up the chunk plays. That should limit the time Geno throws into triple coverage.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some people need to be right on the internet. They form an opinion and cannot possibly budge from it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way i look at it is SF is a better team this year than last, Seattle is a better team ONE THE DEFENSE this year and worse on the offense. SF swept us and should do it again. I will also say we very well could lose to the Rams and it might be an ugly blow out loss. Dallas we could pull the upset Philly no way.
I agree with SF, that defense gives Geno fits. Rams I think Hawks can win that but it'll be ugly. Dallas I'm not sold winning that and the eagles are an ugly 8-1 team and can be beaten.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with SF, that defense gives Geno fits. Rams I think Hawks can win that but it'll be ugly. Dallas I'm not sold winning that and the eagles are an ugly 8-1 team and can be beaten.
We will have to see who plays for the Rams. If Stafford is healthy and his thumb doesn't affect his throwing, it could be trouble but if Wentz has to play, I'm not really too worried. The Rams D is also not very good right now but they are coming off a bye so maybe they give us something unexpected. It's still the Rams and they give us trouble but I think the Hawks win and avenge that week 1 debacle.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to see who plays for the Rams. If Stafford is healthy and his thumb doesn't affect his throwing, it could be trouble but if Wentz has to play, I'm not really too worried. The Rams D is also not very good right now but they are coming off a bye so maybe they give us something unexpected. It's still the Rams and they give us trouble but I think the Hawks win and avenge that week 1 debacle.
Honestly doesn't matter who's at QB, they have no choice but to win this game. Might need a trick play or two but it's a must win.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was definitely fants fault, no question.

but geno missed other throws like the one where he had lockett open on the sideline and overthrew it by what looked like 10 feet. then the intentional grounding that took away at least a FG try before the half. and just in general on a lot of plays where he had plenty of time he looked lost, if a QB has 5 seconds of clean pocket he should be hitting wide open guys.

youre going to tell me with the talent we have at WR nobody was open?

the brain trust on KJR seems to think we wont be drafting a QB, but good Lord please we have to draft a QB I almost dont care what it takes at this point.

Geno is a flawed QB. He's going to make mistakes. Every QB makes mistakes. How you finish matters more than how you start.

The intentional grounding was a dumb play. No question. And it's possible that Geno missed all sorts of wide open receivers but I haven't seen that. Of course he's missed receivers. There was one play where JSN was wide open yesterday but Geno was under duress and probably couldn't step into the throw.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean okay Fant I guess quit on the route but he was staring back at Smith and WIDE open the entire time.... that route he was running takes another 1-1.5 seconds to reach the sideline, he's LOOKING at you... just THROW IT like 1 second earlier, who cares. I think Fant was just left so ridiculously wide open he was probably screaming, "Hit me hit me" and just kind of sat there because there was nothing left to run. Even if Fant went full speed it still seems like it was thrown too far outside. Had Geno gone more inside that probably would've been picked or contested.

If you're that wide open you don't need to wait for the route to finish to throw him the fuckin' ball if he's LOOKING at you (which he was)... just launch that shit.

I know this is all happening ridiculously fast but if the mentality is, "Well he's open, WIDE open.. but nope, hasn't run the full route yet.. nope, gotta wait till he finishes that first..." then really?

I dunno, I'd have to go back and watch the game to double check but that's kind of what I saw. Fant aside, there was a TON of balls thrown behind or underthrown, mostly to DK until things started finally getting in sync. Couple interceptions that easily could've happened as well.

I can't fully blame Geno. The fact the defensive outside of the 1st series snafu basically played lights out and then collapsed in the 4th was fairly maddening...

The thing that seems to be skipped is the constant penalties this team has. It has been crushing the offense. Being the most penalized team in the league is not a recipe for success.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that seems to be skipped is the constant penalties this team has. It has been crushing the offense. Being the most penalized team in the league is not a recipe for success.

Yes that's a relevant point as well.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a non-Geno interesting tidbit... Jones has been basically playing DT or OT DE/DT most of the season... he's been in the trenches pretty much with VERY little EDGE or outside the tackle plays. Maybe like 2-3 a game at most (sometimes none a game). This is mostly how he was utilized in Denver. Anyway, his last game he had 18 outside the tackle snaps (basically almost EDGE).. almost twice as many as him being a DT or down lineman.

Assuming this has to do with the acquisition of Williams but I think they are going to move him more to EDGE given Clark really can't hold up at that position for many snaps.

According to PFF the Skins game was Jones' best game of the season grade wise (in the 70s, basically a GOOD player) where he's been mostly in the 50s/low 60s (very average) most of the season. .

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on this board would take Josh Allen starting for the Hawks tomorrow. He also has the most turnovers in the NFL in the last 5 years with as much as if not more talent on offense.

Point is the QB game across the league is down from the Manning/Brady/Brees generation, and pulling your starter for Drew fucking Lock only makes you worse as a team.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on this board would take Josh Allen starting for the Hawks tomorrow. He also has the most turnovers in the NFL in the last 5 years with as much as if not more talent on offense.

Point is the QB game across the league is down from the Manning/Brady/Brees generation, and pulling your starter for Drew fucking Lock only makes you worse as a team.
the bills are shockingly a cluster fuck

12 men on the field during the most pivotal play in the game? unreal.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bills are shockingly a cluster fuck

12 men on the field during the most pivotal play in the game? unreal.

That entire game was mind bogglingly bad.

Dipshit McDermott basically benches his best RB after his first fumble in a year and a half, but let's his QB shit his pants all over the field. Pete would hand the ball off again immediately as an "opportunity" for him to redeem himself instead of pulling some kind of "teach him a lesson" bullshit.