• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W10 WFT@Seahawks 4:05/1:05 Fox/CTV 2.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on this board would take Josh Allen starting for the Hawks tomorrow. He also has the most turnovers in the NFL in the last 5 years with as much as if not more talent on offense.

Point is the QB game across the league is down from the Manning/Brady/Brees generation, and pulling your starter for Drew fucking Lock only makes you worse as a team.

sooner or later a good QB will have a bad season, thats a no-brainer. Most great QB's have had 1 or more bad seasons through out their careers. Manning had bad seasons, Brees and Brady had bad seasons, Montana had bad seasons! hell Wilson was so consistent for most of his career but he also had bad seasons here in Seattle and a real bad one last year in Denver. Mahomes is having a bad season ( for him ). Would i take Allen over Geno? Oh hell yeah i would, I would take Lawrence over Geno and Herbert, Burrow, Hurts, Tua, Purdy, Goff, Mahomes, Jackson ( and i HATE Jackson ), Mayfield, Prescott etc etc. I would rather have a QB that plays well for 70% of the season over one that plays well for 20% of a game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a list of QB's that are having a better season than Geno.

On THIS Seahawks team with the talent they have on the offense I would take these guys over Geno. These are listed here based off QB Rating not in the order i would take them lol. Many of these QB's are having Bad seasons for them over previous years. QB Play around the league as a whole is down but they all are having better years than a QB on a STACKED and LOADED offense. I see close to a half dozen names on this list that would have better results playing for the Seahawks than they do for the teams they are on now.

When you look at this list I think you can understand why QB Play is down this year really. There isn't the Brady's, the Brees the Rogers on this list. Of course QB play is going to go down. Hell Purdy is #1 in quality of play for QB's thats just crazy! What isn't shocking to me is the massive drop in our QB's play this year. I know some of you are a little miffed by it but he had a contract year and players tend to do their best in a contract year.

If you wonder who I would take just think of age, any guy 27 or younger i would take.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, you would not take Carr or mayfield or fields over geno

Or wilson lol

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 guys on that list who would even be in the realm of possibility of having on this team:

Purdy - If we'd taken him in the 7th rd
Fields - Because he's bad and Chicago would trade him for a decent sausage at this point
Carr - Ha, washed
Mayfield - Who is simply having his Geno 2022 season

The rest were drafted far away from where we ever drafted, cost way more than they're worth (Cousins), or would cost way more in trade capital than they're worth (Dak.)

I could fantasize about having Dan Marino on this team, but that doesn't make it any likelier he replaces Geno in the real world. What we have is what Geno is. Some good, some bad. When we fix it is when we draft a QB, not mid-season, throwing an even worse re-tread into the mix.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks could have had Hurts over Darrell Taylor in 2020. Also in some shocking news I would have picked Lock in the 2nd round of 2019 had he been there as a project QB to work behind Wilson. Could have had Lamar Jackson over often injured Penny ( But again we had Wilson ) in 2018. Hind sight is better than 20/20 we all know this. I also wanted the Hawks to make a play for Lawrence after his piss poor rookie season. I thought they could have easily got him for a 2nd round pick maybe even a couple 3rds. I watched him play and could see he just needed talent around him. The QB's i really liked was Herbert and Allen. In 2020 we were no where close to high enough for Allen. The Chance Seattle is anywhere close to getting a good pick up this next draft is far fetched. They will need to find a Diamond in the rough in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Because all the first round quality QB will 100% be gone by the time they pick. That is if they can make the playoffs this year and who knows, these next 5 games we could go 0-5 and be looking at 6-8. If that Happens Lock would be our starter I would think. Also wanted O'Connell this past draft as a project QB.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, you would not take Carr or mayfield or fields over geno

Or wilson lol

Sure i would, This team would be better with Mayfield than they are with Geno, you are smoking crack if you can't see that. The Bucs have a aging Evans, no running game bad oline. Yet there Mayfield is playing on par with cough cough " Mahomes" with a HC i think is BAD! Do i think he is anywhere near Mahomes quality oh hell no but he is better than Geno and has 14TD passes to 5 INT's Geno has 11TD passes and 7INT's on a much better offensively talented team BARF!. Carr is a quality QB that has played for some bad teams. If it's just for "this year" yep i take him over Geno and Wilson? For THIS year? yes. Denver is right behind Seattle in offensive rankings and that team lacks talent and also has a bad Oline, Not Bucs bad but worse than Seattles and Wilson has 18TD and 4 INT's completing 68% of his passes.

Again this is for "this year" not for the next 4 years or something stupid. Do you think Geno will be our starting QB if he continues to play like he has for the next four years? He would be lucky to be the starter for the WHOLE season this year if he has another 4 game stretch like he just had ( 4TD 8 TO ). Yes they are flawed QB's but Geno is the biggest flawed QB out of the bunch.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Dream, Herbert 100%. We would be a top 5 team for the next decade.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey listen up you ALL need to be Mayfield fans this weekend so put that Hate to the side and cheer on the Bucs to beat the 49ers! :dhd:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey listen up you ALL need to be Mayfield fans this weekend so put that Hate to the side and cheer on the Bucs to beat the 49ers! :dhd:

No one hates Baker Mayfield. In fact, I've always like Baker Mayfield. We just laugh at your absurd hatred of Geno.

If Baker Mayfield was on the team, you would be probably be railing at all of his bad decisions as well.

You listed 18 QBs you would rather have this year, 1 of which is out for the year and the other has missed most of the season. But even if simply accepted your list, based on the very simplistic passer rating, it would mean that even you put him basically where everyone else puts him. Somewhere in the middle of the pack.

And yet he is the ONLY thing you talk about.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mayfield and carr are at best on par with geno, and wilson is washed plus he costs a fortune.

even herbert has his problems, dude cant get it done and will never get his team over the hump.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mayfield and carr are at best on par with geno, and wilson is washed plus he costs a fortune.

even herbert has his problems, dude cant get it done and will never get his team over the hump.

I don't think Wilson is washed. He's not what he was but he's still a pretty good QB.

But otherwise I largely agree with you. People can be a little granular in rating players. Maybe Mayfield would be better here than Geno. Maybe he would be worse. Same is true with a bunch of other QBs.

As I've said before. There are more or less 3 tiers of QBs. The Top 10 who are the "good" QBs. 10-20 which are the journeymen QBs. And then bottom 12 which are the replacement level QBs.

Geno is pretty clearly in that middle tier. Middle tier QBs can ONLY succeed if they are surrounded by a very talented team.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wilson is washed. He's not what he was but he's still a pretty good QB.

But otherwise I largely agree with you. People can be a little granular in rating players. Maybe Mayfield would be better here than Geno. Maybe he would be worse. Same is true with a bunch of other QBs.

As I've said before. There are more or less 3 tiers of QBs. The Top 10 who are the "good" QBs. 10-20 which are the journeymen QBs. And then bottom 12 which are the replacement level QBs.

Geno is pretty clearly in that middle tier. Middle tier QBs can ONLY succeed if they are surrounded by a very talented team.
You also have to look at their contracts too, Carr is making almost 40 per which is way too much for a mediocre qb

And mayfield only got $4m which tells you how teams actually feel about him.

We have geno on a very reasonable deal and we can get out of it easily if we want to. I think he stays for another year though and eventually is benched for whatever rookie we take.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to look at their contracts too, Carr is making almost 40 per which is way too much for a mediocre qb

And mayfield only got $4m which tells you how teams actually feel about him.

We have geno on a very reasonable deal and we can get out of it easily if we want to. I think he stays for another year though and eventually is benched for whatever rookie we take.

Yeah. Barring something really extraordinary happening, I think next year is his last year in Seattle. Could be this year but I think he sticks around another year and they look for a replacement. It's possible they will move on this offseason but I doubt there will be any better options available, unless they strike gold with a day 2/3 pick again.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's definitely not washed. Currently with a 104 passer rating (4th in the NFL) and 1 off the league lead for TD passes with only 4 INTs. He also appears to have better legs right now than he did in most of the last few years he was here. Denver still has some problems, but he isn't one of them. Oh, that fade away 4th down TD last night was vintage Russ. A thing of beauty.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely not washed. Currently with a 104 passer rating (4th in the NFL) and 1 off the league lead for TD passes with only 4 INTs. He also appears to have better legs right now than he did in most of the last few years he was here. Denver still has some problems, but he isn't one of them. Oh, that fade away 4th down TD last night was vintage Russ. A thing of beauty.

The Broncos offense is pretty meh. There isn't a single skill player on their team I would want on the Hawks over our current players. Wilson is starting to get comfortable with the Payton system and working within it

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos offense is pretty meh. There isn't a single skill player on their team I would want on the Hawks over our current players. Wilson is starting to get comfortable with the Payton system and working within it
I thought Courtland Sutton was pretty studly, but there were like 3 passes last night with what seemed to me as ones NFL WRs should catch at least 80% of the time that he dropped. Jeudy probably doesn't help them a whole lot until they take more down field shots, which doesn't seem to be much of a focus.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Courtland Sutton was pretty studly, but there were like 3 passes last night with what seemed to me as ones NFL WRs should catch at least 80% of the time that he dropped. Jeudy probably doesn't help them a whole lot until they take more down field shots, which doesn't seem to be much of a focus.

Sutton and Jeudy are decent enough but they are both a lot more promise than production.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ' receiving core when traded to Denver was considered to be a very good group at the time...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget what we got in return for Russell Wilson...

The Seahawks received:
  • QB Drew Lock
  • TE Noah Fant
  • DL Shelby Harris
  • OT Charles Cross (2022 first-round pick)
  • OLB Boye Mafe (2022 second-round pick)
  • OLB Tyreke Smith (2022 fifth-round pick)
  • CB Devon Witherspoon (2023 first-round pick)
  • EDGE Derick Hall (2023 second-round pick)
The Broncos received:
  • QB Russell Wilson
  • DL Eyioma Uwazurike (2022 fourth-round pick)