• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
You're right. It must have been someone else I was thinking of.
Here's a couple paragraphs about both QBs. Both look to be impressing, Carr has bigger arm, but might not be as accurate.

1. Of the South's quarterbacks, Fresno State's Derek Carr unquestionably possesses the best arm. The ball explodes out of his hand and caught a few of his new teammates by surprise with how quickly it got to them. Carr showed good anticipation, often delivering passes before his receivers turned back to look for the ball.

2. Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo continued the positive momentum he'd gained from the East-West Shrine Game with an impressive initial practice. While he does not possess Carr's howitzer, Garoppolo has a very quick set-up and release and frequently threw led his receivers away from defenders, showing better ball-placement than Carr on several of his throws.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was AJ McCarron who skipped it.

Yeah Idk what he was thinking to be honest.

Forgetting the name of his bust older brother I just feel like Carr would be a perfect fit. Admitting I haven't actually watched him play a whole lot so luckily it's not me making the call. But what I have seen and everything I've read about him I just really think he would work great with our current offense.

I also obviously like Teddy, Manziel and Bortles but at this point expectations have to be they will be all gone and we won't trade up.

Garoppolo sounds like he has a lot of promise as well but I know absolutely zero about him lol.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking Khalil Mack with the 8th pick is the way to go IMO...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Listening to the radio today, the local guy, who was at the senior bowl was really talking about Mettenberger, and how he really fits the mold of QB that Turner would like. Not sure if the ACL injury will be enough to sway them onto another guy, but I don't want the Vikes going QB with 1st pick. And Mettenberger should be 2nd or 3rd rounder, according to him.
I would think the Vikes will go CB/LB in 1st, they can get #1 or #2 at the position with the 8th pick, then QB, defense, defense to round out top 4 picks.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Carr.

I don't believe he will turn out like his brother. Getting Carr at 8th would be huge in my opinion.

QB would be nice, but I'd take WR Brandin Cooks, a guy with no fear over the middle and a set of hands to catch balls and move the chains.

Homer pick of course.

:suds:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I hope they don't go offense at all with 1st pick. They have bigger needs on the other side of the ball imo.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB would be nice, but I'd take WR Brandin Cooks, a guy with no fear over the middle and a set of hands to catch balls and move the chains.

Homer pick of course.

:suds:

I can't think of a position they shouldn't draft with the 8th pick more than WR. Just my opinion...

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't go offense at all with 1st pick. They have bigger needs on the other side of the ball imo.

Dad wants us to trade out of the 1st round altogether and stock the fuck up on picks.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I don't really want them to trade the first pick, just don't want them to go QB.
At #8 they can get the best LB or CB in the draft. Either is a HUGE need.
If Mack is there, I would hope that's a no brainer for Speillman

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Peanut Tillman to test free agency.
I know he's old, but he would give some knowledge to that young secondary.

What do you guys think of trying to get him here?

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really want them to trade the first pick, just don't want them to go QB.
At #8 they can get the best LB or CB in the draft. Either is a HUGE need.
If Mack is there, I would hope that's a no brainer for Speillman

Yeah Mack is a pretty hot commodity, I just don't know if he'll be there.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
That's been the Packers for a few seasons now, not really working that well.
I like defense, and think they need to start there. But hey, if they draft all offense and win a Super Bowl, I would be just fine with it. lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be man enough to admit if I'm wrong. But Carr would kill it with us. Put that in PEN:-)laugh3:)

I've watched him a hand full of times, he's not as accurate as his completion % shows and he blows at looking past his first option. Looking at his stats and reading up on him he wasn't real good against good teams. He has a strong arm but thats all he has IMO. It would be catastrophic if he was taken at #8.

The other team could just throw their helmets on the field and beat the Vikes if they take Carr.