• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key stay heading into this game: Packers are winless since Ditka has been shown wearing Packers gear in commercial. :yahoo:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't that the truth, so far Bridgewater = Ponder

He's been way better than Ponder. But he still hasn't been good enough.

Ponder was less accurate and somehow had even less ability to get the ball down the field. One of the most important stats of a QB is the most simple one: yards per attempt. Bad QB's hover around 6 ypa. Elite QB's start to flirt with 8 ypa. Teddy is in that middle range of about 7.25 ypa so far in his career. Ponder was fricking awful and has a 6.30 ypa for his career.

Turner has got to start doing something different. Unlike the rest of the league, he is constantly getting the Vikes up to the LOS late in the game clock so Teddy has not been asked to audible or change stuff much at all. They need to get him up to the LOS quicker and allow him to change some routes and start attacking soft corners with his short area accuracy. That Diggs play this week where he caught a 3 yard slant out of the slot with a safety on him and then ran for 30 more yards is more of what Turner needs to be aiming for. But you have to have Teddy reading a defense pre-snap and adjusting routes if we are going to consistently take advantage of those kind of matchups and that is something they simple don't have confidence in Teddy being able to do yet it seems. Going against Carr and watching Carr switch up plays consistently was really an eye opener in that 2nd year guys do have the ability to do that if they are given the freedom.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key stay heading into this game: Packers are winless since Ditka has been shown wearing Packers gear in commercial. :yahoo:

If Bud Grant would have done that, I would have had to bury my father a couple of weeks ago as he wouldn't have survived it.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its always about the wins, and the team is winning. Just can't believe receivers like Wallace and Johnson, and even more recently Diggs have games where they have 0-2 catches in a game. You watch enough football and you see these random receivers having good days. As AD gets going here we can expect team to once again stack the box and Teddy is going to need to take advantage or we're in trouble against better teams.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been way better than Ponder. But he still hasn't been good enough.

Ponder was less accurate and somehow had even less ability to get the ball down the field. One of the most important stats of a QB is the most simple one: yards per attempt. Bad QB's hover around 6 ypa. Elite QB's start to flirt with 8 ypa. Teddy is in that middle range of about 7.25 ypa so far in his career. Ponder was fricking awful and has a 6.30 ypa for his career.

Turner has got to start doing something different. Unlike the rest of the league, he is constantly getting the Vikes up to the LOS late in the game clock so Teddy has not been asked to audible or change stuff much at all. They need to get him up to the LOS quicker and allow him to change some routes and start attacking soft corners with his short area accuracy. That Diggs play this week where he caught a 3 yard slant out of the slot with a safety on him and then ran for 30 more yards is more of what Turner needs to be aiming for. But you have to have Teddy reading a defense pre-snap and adjusting routes if we are going to consistently take advantage of those kind of matchups and that is something they simple don't have confidence in Teddy being able to do yet it seems. Going against Carr and watching Carr switch up plays consistently was really an eye opener in that 2nd year guys do have the ability to do that if they are given the freedom.

Yup. Anyone who thinks Teddy and Ponder are even remotely close really should not discuss football anymore.

Vikes need to change up the play calling a bit like you said. Right now its basically go with the pre determined route with our bad o line and pray something works.

Our line sucks so bad need to let him audible and do quick plays to all of our speed guys(we have 3 for gods sake).

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yup. Anyone who thinks Teddy and Ponder are even remotely close really should not discuss football anymore.

Vikes need to change up the play calling a bit like you said. Right now its basically go with the pre determined route with our bad o line and pray something works.

Our line sucks so bad need to let him audible and do quick plays to all of our speed guys(we have 3 for gods sake).

I think Teddy will come around. He's had 21 starts so far, so he should catch a bit of a break for the rest of this season.
The thing I like about him are the non coachable things, like instinct and staying cool under pressure.
He can move around inside and outside the pocket and find a man to get the ball to.
The coachable things, like throwing to a spot and trusting a receiver to be there, because he hangs on to the ball far too long sometimes, should come with experience. He tends to throw off his back foot a lot when going deep, you'd think they would get that corrected rather quickly.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with him. He can be the main guy when it's needed. Against the Broncos very good d-backs he threw for over 300 yards.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I couldn't agree more. Wallace has given up on some potential long TDs. And then we had Teddy missing short passes that should be gimmes.

Hi my name is Simmion. Old CBS guy. Been meaning to sign up on this site. I think a few of you may know me.

Welcome aboard...
Hope to see you around here more..:suds:

Skol Baby!!

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah OK, he may eventually and hopefully be better than Ponder but Bridgewaters passing #'s rank among the WORST in the NFL, those are the facts, not opinion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah OK, he may eventually and hopefully be better than Ponder but Bridgewaters passing #'s rank among the WORST in the NFL, those are the facts, not opinion

And as Ducky provided the facts show they are nowhere close to each other.

Seriously it's mind boggling you even think this

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as Ducky provided the facts show they are nowhere close to each other.

Seriously it's mind boggling you even think this

HUH? Ducky provided one stat..7.25 to 6.30...WTF does that prove? I don't wear the purple goggles. How many down field throws has Teddy hit this season thru 9 games?

My point is Teddy has been nothing more than a game manager and his passing yards fully back up that opinion.

I've been a fan since the 70's, I want him to succeed but so far this season I haven't seen the improvement you want to see from a franchise? QB

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH? Ducky provided one stat..7.25 to 6.30...WTF does that prove? I don't wear the purple goggles. How many down field throws has Teddy hit this season thru 9 games?

My point is Teddy has been nothing more than a game manager and his passing yards fully back up that opinion.

I've been a fan since the 70's, I want him to succeed but so far this season I haven't seen the improvement you want to see from a franchise? QB

What game exactly did Christian ponder manage? Everything favors Teddy including doing so with no oline at all. Look at what he's doing this year alone with a competent running back.

It's a moronic comparison and your still trying to argue it

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What game exactly did Christian ponder manage? Everything favors Teddy including doing so with no oline at all. Look at what he's doing this year alone with a competent running back.

It's a moronic comparison and your still trying to argue it

whatever...wasn't Ponder the starting QB in a year the Vikings won a division/made the playoffs?. Don't remember that D being as good as this one either.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever...wasn't Ponder the starting QB in a year the Vikings won a division/made the playoffs?. Don't remember that D being as good as this one either.

Yeah we got a WC on the last game of the year and AP had arguably the greatest season of all time.

Let's throw the guy a parade.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't blocked anyone for 7 fucking snaps in a row.

Find some CFL guys or something. It's embarrassing