• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Lol, never heard of it or them. To me, its just basic transportation. To and from work, and then it sits. I go to work monday night, and go home saturday morning. My son has a GT, not sure what year, an 08 maybe? Its probably got 10,000 miles on it. My mother in law has an 84 Firebird with less than 30,000 miles on it. Looks like a formula 1 racecar. My wife is just waiting for her to kick so she can get it :D

But seriously, I have only owned 6 cars in my life (Im 57). I drive em until the wheels fall off. My last car that I traded in for the 14 Pony was a 97 Thunderbird that was in really good shape. Needed a little work. Ball joints, tires, springs. I had a mouse got loose in it and it chewed up some wiring so the brake lights on the back of the car didnt work (but the one above the trunk still worked, so it was legal) and the turn signals also didnt work, but the tail lights themselves did so the car was completely legal. But I was looking at 4+k to fix it, and if someone ever hit me the most the insurance co would give me for it would be about $2500. So it just seemed to be a smarter move to trade it in. I loved that car.

In 1973, my mom paid $100 for a 62 Ford Falcon. In 1974 I bought a 68 Cutlass S. LOVED that car. But I blew 2 engines in it, so in 75, I bought a 75 Maverick. In 86 I bought my first Thunderbird, an 86. In 97 I bought my 2nd T Bird. And now a 14 Pony. I figure I got 1 more car before I die...

Tenvoorde Ford is supposedly the oldest Ford dealership in the Nation.
They have a Mustang Run every May. Open to any style or year, usually close to 200 cars cruising through Stearns County.
Check the website if you're interested. I go every year.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
JR you're a mod? Congrats buddy! :suds:

I have been a mod on the Cars and Automotive thread for awhile, but they asked for help in cleaning up the NSFW stuff out there..now that it's cleaned up, I'm pretty much just another set of eyes, no mod duties except on the Automotive thread still.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a mod on the Cars and Automotive thread for awhile, but they asked for help in cleaning up the NSFW stuff out there..now that it's cleaned up, I'm pretty much just another set of eyes, no mod duties except on the Automotive thread still.

Oh I don't remember your name being green... I drink alot though... :suds:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Oh I don't remember your name being green... I drink alot though... :suds:

LOL...It wasn't green until recently.
The long term plan might have me doing more.

I hear ya about the drinking a lot though..;-)

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to drink but I'm sick and need to get better :L

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH, funniest thing ever! The Minnesota Vikings app updated on my phone while I was in New Orleans, and while I was driving back to Texas I heard the Gjallarhorn go off in my car and I was like, "This is it, I've finally snapped and am now delusional!"

Turns out that's the app's new notification sound. Every time I hear it I start giggling like crazy.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
OH, funniest thing ever! The Minnesota Vikings app updated on my phone while I was in New Orleans, and while I was driving back to Texas I heard the Gjallarhorn go off in my car and I was like, "This is it, I've finally snapped and am now delusional!"

Turns out that's the app's new notification sound. Every time I hear it I start giggling like crazy.

That's awesome!!
I might just have to check that app out.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome!!
I might just have to check that app out.

It's great, you get all sorts of content all the time. I love it, especially just lately when I've been so busy.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As excited as I would be to see Teddy starting game 1 of the regular season, I'm kind of hoping Cassel gets the nod and they try to stick with him. Everyone knows we're not going to the Superbowl this year anyway. I think Teddy would benefit tremendously from a year on the bench to learn. Ponder got thrown into the fire way too soon (though I doubt he'd be very good right now either way).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teddy is likely, as all 1st time starters, to have a bad 1st year. Even BATMAN from across the river, after sitting behind Farve for 3-4 years came out and stunk it up his first year. He took the 13-3 Packers to 6-10 his first year out.

Cassel is going to stink after about 3 games. IMHO, he stinks right now, but my prediction is his "loyal" followers start jumping off his bandwagon after 3.

So given that Cassel isnt going to take us anywhere, and the likely fact that Teddy isnt likely to take us anywhere his first year out of the gate, why wait?

"Starting at QB for the Minnesota Vikings here in St. Louis, number FIVE, Reddy Teddy!!"

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy is likely, as all 1st time starters, to have a bad 1st year. Even BATMAN from across the river, after sitting behind Farve for 3-4 years came out and stunk it up his first year. He took the 13-3 Packers to 6-10 his first year out.

Cassel is going to stink after about 3 games. IMHO, he stinks right now, but my prediction is his "loyal" followers start jumping off his bandwagon after 3.

So given that Cassel isnt going to take us anywhere, and the likely fact that Teddy isnt likely to take us anywhere his first year out of the gate, why wait?

"Starting at QB for the Minnesota Vikings here in St. Louis, number FIVE, Reddy Teddy!!"

You should Ponder that some more...