• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Very Early 2024 Patriots Draft Talk

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Nix is intriguing. 6'2" 225#

He's played in three (3) Bowl Games and lost all three. 2020 Outback Bowl; 2021 Citrus Bowl; 2022 Holiday Bowl He's thrown 4 TDs and had 1 INT in the three games.

(AUB)Outback 17/26 278 1 TD (Fr)
(AUB)Citrus 25/42 292 1TD <Lead Rusher 10/32> (So)
(ORE) Holiday 23/30 205 2 TD/1 INT (Jr)

Total in the Spotlight 65/98 775 4TD/1INT

He's played as a starter for Auburn and Oregon in three straight bowl games. He's played under pressure (SEC) and (PAC12) and in front of millions on multiple occasions. Just concerned about his height. But he can and will run.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I started watching college basketball(early 80’s) I fell in love with Worthy..Jordan..Perkins..Kenny Smith..Brad Daugherty..

And Carolina Blue is without a doubt my favorite color!
Carolina is playing NC State tonight. You should be thinking red!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams jumped into the stands two weeks ago and cried uncontrollably in his mother's arms. He refused to speak with the media after the Trojans lost to UCLA this past weekend. His maturity is being severely questioned.

About 60% of the media now believe that Jayden Damiels would be the perfect fit for the Patriots.
I watched Jayden Daniels play yesterday. Was not that impressed.
He is also a toothpick! I would be scared to watch him play against a pro defense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this post ends up being long. I will try to avoid it.

At this point Mac and Zappe have zero value for the team or in post season trade bait. At best they would bring in a 6th round offer. And it may be worth taking the 6th round offer as it's become more and more apparent the current rebuild has failed. This being said draft capital this year and next year are paramount.

Stripping BB of GM duties would mean reworking his current contract, as I understand it, but it seems to me this is a must. Would BBs ego get in the way? Would he refuse this and look for another option? Oddly there may be trade value for BB what I do not know but again if moves are made draft capital, is a must. Either that or we get nothing for him, and he walks, retires, etc. If Mayo is the heir apparent the Pats really need to consider a forward-thinking OC, not just a "It worked for Brady OC", which likely means by BOB and no JOSH, the team is moving in a different direction.

Win the pre-draft FA battle. For me this mean landing one or two WRs, I would like to target Ridley and Higgins this current corps looked good on paper, but they are not. I feel Douglas may be a keeper with a new forward-thinking OC, I can see him being used a lot of different ways. If we can win the WR off season battle it would allow us to make moves within the draft. They may also want to consider CB or Edge guy if there are any.

The draft, we have to consider trading multiple times to gather multiple picks this year and next. It seems there is some depth at QB and OT so if they can get WRs in FA moving down makes some sense. We have to remember O Lines take two or three years to build, we drafted O line the last two years we have to consider what potential is there and how high their ceilings are. Is OT a greater need than QB? I think not. Because there is depth at QB trading out of the first round or moving down to late first round offers a lot of options for a team that needs a complete overhaul.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this post ends up being long. I will try to avoid it.

At this point Mac and Zappe have zero value for the team or in post season trade bait. At best they would bring in a 6th round offer. And it may be worth taking the 6th round offer as it's become more and more apparent the current rebuild has failed. This being said draft capital this year and next year are paramount.

Stripping BB of GM duties would mean reworking his current contract, as I understand it, but it seems to me this is a must. Would BBs ego get in the way? Would he refuse this and look for another option? Oddly there may be trade value for BB what I do not know but again if moves are made draft capital, is a must. Either that or we get nothing for him, and he walks, retires, etc. If Mayo is the heir apparent the Pats really need to consider a forward-thinking OC, not just a "It worked for Brady OC", which likely means by BOB and no JOSH, the team is moving in a different direction.

Win the pre-draft FA battle. For me this mean landing one or two WRs, I would like to target Ridley and Higgins this current corps looked good on paper, but they are not. I feel Douglas may be a keeper with a new forward-thinking OC, I can see him being used a lot of different ways. If we can win the WR off season battle it would allow us to make moves within the draft. They may also want to consider CB or Edge guy if there are any.

The draft, we have to consider trading multiple times to gather multiple picks this year and next. It seems there is some depth at QB and OT so if they can get WRs in FA moving down makes some sense. We have to remember O Lines take two or three years to build, we drafted O line the last two years we have to consider what potential is there and how high their ceilings are. Is OT a greater need than QB? I think not. Because there is depth at QB trading out of the first round or moving down to late first round offers a lot of options for a team that needs a complete overhaul.
I agree with most of this.
I stated before, I would add Evans to the FA WR list. They've got the money try to sign 2 of those three but don't come away without at least 1.
I don't know who on the O Line FA list is worth a dime or not but they need to go after the best of the best and hard.
The only QB worth a shit in my mind for a FA is Mayfield. Sign him regardless as he is FAR better than anything on our roster now.

Then draft for the future and to fill in whatever holes remain the largest. If O Line was the weak point in FA, go there. If not WR (MHJ) or TE.

QB...? I am not sold on anyone. I would really rather have Nix, Penix or McCarthy with a later pick than try for Maye or Williams. I just fear it is a bad year for QB's regardless of hype. But who ever is picked could then sit behind a serviceable QB for a season...or two...before the wolves attack.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this.
I stated before, I would add Evans to the FA WR list. They've got the money try to sign 2 of those three but don't come away without at least 1.
I don't know who on the O Line FA list is worth a dime or not but they need to go after the best of the best and hard.
The only QB worth a shit in my mind for a FA is Mayfield. Sign him regardless as he is FAR better than anything on our roster now.

Then draft for the future and to fill in whatever holes remain the largest. If O Line was the weak point in FA, go there. If not WR (MHJ) or TE.

QB...? I am not sold on anyone. I would really rather have Nix, Penix or McCarthy with a later pick than try for Maye or Williams. I just fear it is a bad year for QB's regardless of hype. But who ever is picked could then sit behind a serviceable QB for a season...or two...before the wolves attack.
You are correct not sure why I feel forgetting Evans.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who on the O Line FA list is worth a dime or not
The youngest is Donovan Smith LT of the Chiefs. He's had 7 false starts in 2023 but he has kept the left side pretty clean. The remaining OTs are all 32 or older and three of them at 35+. Not that age matters thatmuch if they can play. Problem is that after 10-13 years in the NFL, you have to wonder if the legs and back can continue to hold up week after week. None of them make more than $6M this year. Two years $16M guaranteed would most likely be very appealing to all of them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question was raised on BST last night:

"If Marvin Harrison Jr, is available when the Patriots pick, would you take him and pick up Penix or Bo in the 2nd round?"

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bo is going early/mid 1st and Penix mid to late 1st. I doubt either are there for round 2.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If Marvin Harrison Jr, is available when the Patriots pick, would you take him and pick up Penix or Bo in the 2nd round?"
Just read something that indicated he may not declare this year.
I think Bo is going early/mid 1st and Penix mid to late 1st. I doubt either are there for round 2.
I still like Daniels out of LSU

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When time permits, you all take a look at some tape on Cam Ward, QB Washington State. He is not getting a lot of talk but looks pretty good to me.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100%
Pick would be in before Roger got done hugging the prior pick.

Calvin Johnson was on that 0-16 team his rookie year then they brought in...The guy that went to LA...I think.
My opinion...I just don't see this years top college QB's being top NFL QB's.
But MHJ is an almost lock.

And at this point You would be better than Mac.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never really watched any of Caleb Williams game tape He does remind me a lot of Mahomes with his awkward arm throws. I’ve read he’s a diva. But in just 2 and a half seasons at QB he does have 95 passing TD’s and just 14 interceptions. That’s pretty amazing. Plus he has 27 rushing TD’s and almost 1000 yards.

I’d take him with our 1st pick in a heartbeat.