• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Very Early 2024 Patriots Draft Talk

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the top 5 OT available according to Walters:

• T OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, PENN STATE.
  • T JOE ALT, NOTRE DAME.
  • T TALIESE FUAGA, OREGON STATE.
  • T JC LATHAM, ALABAMA.
  • T AMARIUS MIMS, GEORGIA.
If I'm not mistaken, Fashanu and Alt are LT and the others are RT.

Let's assume that the Patriots trade out with the Commanders and get #7 AND #39 and #40

Do you believe that Williams, Maye, Daniel, Penix and Nix will still be around at #34? I don't.

You have to consider the other teams looking for a QB. There are teams that have an injured QB who also have to consider taking a top notch QB to take that QB's place if his injury has even partially wrecked him. Brown, Saints, Bears, Vikes, Panthers, Falcons, Bucs and others will certainly be looking at who's available. I think all five of the above QBs will be gone long before the second round starts.

If Williams and or Maye are available and the Patriots keep the #2, would you rather they grab one of them and hope to find a serviceable OT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? Isn't doing that putting the new kid into the exact same position that Mac and Zappe are in right now?
I do not believe there are 5 QBs being taken in round one, and as the top picks in round two already took a QB I do believe Nix and Penix may be available

I think the top 3 OTs will be Alt, Fashanu and JC Lathem (BAMA).

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the top 5 OT available according to Walters:

• T OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, PENN STATE.
  • T JOE ALT, NOTRE DAME.
  • T TALIESE FUAGA, OREGON STATE.
  • T JC LATHAM, ALABAMA.
  • T AMARIUS MIMS, GEORGIA.
If I'm not mistaken, Fashanu and Alt are LT and the others are RT.

Let's assume that the Patriots trade out with the Commanders and get #7 AND #39 and #40

Do you believe that Williams, Maye, Daniel, Penix and Nix will still be around at #34? I don't.

You have to consider the other teams looking for a QB. There are teams that have an injured QB who also have to consider taking a top notch QB to take that QB's place if his injury has even partially wrecked him. Brown, Saints, Bears, Vikes, Panthers, Falcons, Bucs and others will certainly be looking at who's available. I think all five of the above QBs will be gone long before the second round starts.

If Williams and or Maye are available and the Patriots keep the #2, would you rather they grab one of them and hope to find a serviceable OT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? Isn't doing that putting the new kid into the exact same position that Mac and Zappe are in right now?
Per the point system our #2 is worth 2 at #10. What if we include our #34 could we get 8 & 10? Of course no trade partner can offer that but can they get to trade back to 3, 4, or 5 assuming somebody is sold on jumping everyone to get Maye or Williams. With that bounty can they get to 12 for Nix? Do they even need to get to12? Maybe he's there at 34, and if he's not then is there someone there we'd want (or did we screw the fleabag mutt?)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the point system our #2 is worth 2 at #10. What if we include our #34 could we get 8 & 10? Of course no trade partner can offer that but can they get to trade back to 3, 4, or 5 assuming somebody is sold on jumping everyone to get Maye or Williams. With that bounty can they get to 12 for Nix? Do they even need to get to12? Maybe he's there at 34, and if he's not then is there someone there we'd want (or did we screw the fleabag mutt?)
I am not as sold on Williams as most, but I am equally confident I can be wrong like most.

There is 3rd round QBs that are worth a long hard look. When I start thinking QB in rounds 3 and 4 I start looking at them differently. If you take a QB on round 1 and 2 then he better be ready to be tossed into the mix, ready to play that year. If I start looking for QBs in rounds 3 and 4 I start thinking potential NFL QB with a high ceiling. Meaning he is not ready year one but could very well be after one year of honing his skills. We have both Mac and Zappe and Cunningham on the contracts next year, we have to remember that it could affect how we draft. If we accept, we are still in rebuild mode then maybe, we consider a 3rd round QB with high ceiling and build the team based on current needs plus what we for see as that QBs skill sets.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projections are nothing more than opinions.

Everyone laughs at Mel Kiper when he misses m26 out of 32 projections, yet he's back every year looking into his crystal ball.

We've gone over it 1000 times, but what quarterbacks were taken ahead of Brady? Where would the Colts have been if they'd taken Ryan Leaf rather than Peyton Manning? They agonized over it and literally flipped a coin. Tim Tebow won the Heisman and we all know his story.

I have said this three times now. I personally, would take Nix for his knowledge and maturity as well as his ability to throw the ball. I've also said that he was my pick if they decide to take a QB. I wrote last week, that I think this team has to consider building a foundation and not taking a QB. I still believe that and would take an OT. LT if they can get one RT if they can't.

Having TB12 won't work if he doesn't have a wall to protect him. Like any house, foundation first and then everything else.
Unless there is a generational type talent, Marino, Manning then you don't pass that up.

This years crop seems to be more...meh.
So, at this point, go all in for the #1 pick and trade it for an extra 1st next year and some more picks this year to build that wall.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is a generational type talent, Marino, Manning then you don't pass that up.

This years crop seems to be more...meh.
So, at this point, go all in for the #1 pick and trade it for an extra 1st next year and some more picks this year to build that wall.
I think four other QBs were taken before Marino in his draft.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projections are nothing more than opinions.

Everyone laughs at Mel Kiper when he misses m26 out of 32 projections, yet he's back every year looking into his crystal ball.

We've gone over it 1000 times, but what quarterbacks were taken ahead of Brady? Where would the Colts have been if they'd taken Ryan Leaf rather than Peyton Manning? They agonized over it and literally flipped a coin. Tim Tebow won the Heisman and we all know his story.

I have said this three times now. I personally, would take Nix for his knowledge and maturity as well as his ability to throw the ball. I've also said that he was my pick if they decide to take a QB. I wrote last week, that I think this team has to consider building a foundation and not taking a QB. I still believe that and would take an OT. LT if they can get one RT if they can't.

Having TB12 won't work if he doesn't have a wall to protect him. Like any house, foundation first and then everything else.
My favorite OT is Latham from Alabama.
I think he is best suited at RT but still likely gone in the 1st round - probably late in the 1st?
You could possibly trade back and get Nix and Latham?????

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think four other QBs were taken before Marino in his draft.
Tony Eason included. Which was not my point. Montana was the last pick of the 4th round. The list goes on and on.

My point was if you have a generational talent and you know it, take him whether you have receivers or Oline or not.
If Moss or Megatron is in this draft, take him. Get the Oline next year or through FA.
If no generational talent at WR or QB go best Oline.

(Not best defensive player and best value oline in the 5th and 6th BILL!)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Eason included. Which was not my point. Montana was the last pick of the 4th round. The list goes on and on.

My point was if you have a generational talent and you know it, take him whether you have receivers or Oline or not.
If Moss or Megatron is in this draft, take him. Get the Oline next year or through FA.

Agreed.

None of the QBs appear to have the Peyton Manning, John Elway appeal this year. Contrarily there are the (199) TB12s of the world, and let's be honest we slipped up on a blessing with him. But to the point, if you don't have that John Elway, Peyton Manning feel grab the best OT. Grab the anchor and move on.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

None of the QBs appear to have the Peyton Manning, John Elway appeal this year. Contrarily there are the (199) TB12s of the world, and let's be honest we slipped up on a blessing with him. But to the point, if you don't have that John Elway, Peyton Manning feel grab the best OT. Grab the anchor and move on.
taylor swift suck it GIF

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Moss wasn't taken until later in the first round

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and doesnt have a ring
not sure why most think harrison jr will fix this team :suds:
Did anyone say that? Most agree WR is a need as is QB, CB. EDGE OT. He is considered the best W in t his class so it makes sense if WR is you top need you take him