• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Very Early 2024 Patriots Draft Talk

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, he's as good as any of the first rounders they've taken over the past five years.

And I don't give a rat shit about what the ""experts"" project. we go through this every year. "They" project and suddenly they have all of this supposed knowledge. Find one that's hit 100% of his or her projected picks.

I think the guy has the ability and brains and I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about what I think.

The guy has played at two major universities, Auburn and Oregon. He walked away from Auburn because the coach kept telling him that he had to be more like previous Auburn QBs. Jeremy Johnson? Dean White? Jerrad Stidham? Cam Newton?

How many of them threw for 4145 yards, 40 TDs 3 INTs 77.2% completion rate and had a 91.0 QB Rating?

Like I said, it's my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with it. "I" think he'd be perfect for the Patriots.
First off, I get you're creating conversation and my brief comment was both about pointing out the flaw with your comment and open a broader discussion. Nix could be a good choice but not at r1p2. If he's our guy wouldn't we grab the best OL in round 1 then Nix in round 2. Or how about trading back a couple spots and still getting the OL target, then trade up to be certain we get Nix?

I'm not saying I think Nix is our guy, but if he is we need more value returned when getting him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I get you're creating conversation and my brief comment was both about pointing out the flaw with your comment and open a broader discussion. Nix could be a good choice but not at r1p2. If he's our guy wouldn't we grab the best OL in round 1 then Nix in round 2. Or how about trading back a couple spots and still getting the OL target, then trade up to be certain we get Nix?

I'm not saying I think Nix is our guy, but if he is we need more value returned when getting him.
This team hasn't gotten value for any first round pick in years.

If the Patriots don't take him in the first round, he won't be available to them after.

If they trade out, the value chart puts the value of #2 at 2800.

The absolute best trade they could make would be with the Commanders and get #7(1500) #39(510) #40(500) #71(235) Basically the Commanders 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd. Trade values are in parentheses. They 'might' be able to get Nix or possibly Penix at #7.

Daniels with the Heisman in his pocket will be mentioned ahead of Mayes and Williams who were not in New York for the ceremony. Note that the three QBs up for the big prize were Daniels, Penix and Nix (2nd in the voting).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, he's as good as any of the first rounders they've taken over the past five years.

And I don't give a rat shit about what the ""experts"" project. we go through this every year. "They" project and suddenly they have all of this supposed knowledge. Find one that's hit 100% of his or her projected picks.

I think the guy has the ability and brains and I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about what I think.

The guy has played at two major universities, Auburn and Oregon. He walked away from Auburn because the coach kept telling him that he had to be more like previous Auburn QBs. Jeremy Johnson? Dean White? Jerrad Stidham? Cam Newton?

How many of them threw for 4145 yards, 40 TDs 3 INTs 77.2% completion rate and had a 91.0 QB Rating?

Like I said, it's my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with it. "I" think he'd be perfect for the Patriots.
Well I like it for what that's worth?

If he stays projected as a 2nd rounder. The Pats need to trade their top pick and move down. Take him late in the 1st.

I don't think NE will be picking at 2. They screwed up by beating Pit and I'm betting they screw up and win at least one more.

If they have a top 5 it would be nice to garner a mid 1st round this year and either a high 2nd or 1st next year. Take an OT in the mid first. Trade away the future pick + and take a shot on this kid.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I like it for what that's worth?

If he stays projected as a 2nd rounder. The Pats need to trade their top pick and move down. Take him late in the 1st.

I don't think NE will be picking at 2. They screwed up by beating Pit and I'm betting they screw up and win at least one more.

If they have a top 5 it would be nice to garner a mid 1st round this year and either a high 2nd or 1st next year. Take an OT in the mid first. Trade away the future pick + and take a shot on this kid.
Beating Pit didn't change their draft position.Beating the Jets will.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion, not fact. So what's your point??

My option and everyone else who has a brain. Who gives a shit who was there. There will be 20 players picked before Penix. Who cares he was there.

Oh… I’m still waiting on your “Chargers pass for less yards per game than the Patriots” evidence…. Back your claim stud.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note that the three QBs up for the big prize were Daniels, Penix and Nix (2nd in the voting).
Max Duggan … Kenny Picket and Mac Jones were invited over the last 3 years. It doesn’t mean shit if you were there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating Pit didn't change their draft position.Beating the Jets will.
But they are one win away, with the other shit bag teams losing to drop them to 6th.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projections are nothing more than opinions.

Everyone laughs at Mel Kiper when he misses m26 out of 32 projections, yet he's back every year looking into his crystal ball.

We've gone over it 1000 times, but what quarterbacks were taken ahead of Brady? Where would the Colts have been if they'd taken Ryan Leaf rather than Peyton Manning? They agonized over it and literally flipped a coin. Tim Tebow won the Heisman and we all know his story.

I have said this three times now. I personally, would take Nix for his knowledge and maturity as well as his ability to throw the ball. I've also said that he was my pick if they decide to take a QB. I wrote last week, that I think this team has to consider building a foundation and not taking a QB. I still believe that and would take an OT. LT if they can get one RT if they can't.

Having TB12 won't work if he doesn't have a wall to protect him. Like any house, foundation first and then everything else.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone laughs at Mel Kiper when he misses m26 out of 32 projections, yet he's back every year looking into his crystal ball.

We've gone over it 1000 times, but what quarterbacks were taken ahead of Brady? Where would the Colts have been if they'd taken Ryan Leaf rather than Peyton Manning? They agonized over it and literally flipped a coin. Tim Tebow won the Heisman and we all know his story.

I have said this three times now. I personally, would take Nix for his knowledge and maturity as well as his ability to throw the ball. I've also said that he was my pick if they decide to take a QB. I wrote last week, that I think this team has to consider building a foundation and not taking a QB. I still believe that and would take an OT. LT if they can get one RT if they can't.

Having TB12 won't work if he doesn't have a wall to protect him. Like any house, foundation first and then everything else.
Why continue to bail out this sinking dingy? There's such a thing as consensus and Nix isn't anywhere near consensus to be in the top front of the first round. Caleb, Daniels and Maye are consensus top half and all are probably top 10 with 2 in the top 3.

You just need to clarify you were giving high praise to Nix and using some rhetoric in the process. Both Nix and Penix have shown plenty but need to show more to be considered can't miss. Even Caleb's position as can't miss seems to be dropping a bit.

Look, I was first to reply and I did so because I thought the rhetoric was worthy of discussing and try to place a value based on the Pats capital. At this moment giving up #2 for Nix is just bad capital management by any standard.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you take a LT and only two would be top 10 picks, I do feel Nix would be there round 2.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why continue to bail out this sinking dingy? There's such a thing as consensus and Nix isn't anywhere near consensus to be in the top front of the first round. Caleb, Daniels and Maye are consensus top half and all are probably top 10 with 2 in the top 3.

You just need to clarify you were giving high praise to Nix and using some rhetoric in the process. Both Nix and Penix have shown plenty but need to show more to be considered can't miss. Even Caleb's position as can't miss seems to be dropping a bit.

Look, I was first to reply and I did so because I thought the rhetoric was worthy of discussing and try to place a value based on the Pats capital. At this moment giving up #2 for Nix is just bad capital management by any standard.
But if you get a franchise LT Nix would be there early round 2 IMO. Do you think either Williams, Daniels or May are that much better?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you get a franchise LT Nix would be there early round 2 IMO. Do you think either Williams, Daniels or May are that much better?
That's the discussion I'm engaging in. I think they can get the the franchise tackle and Nix, but may need to play a bit to be sure (trade back a couple in 1 so they can trade up before round 2. Again, I'm not projecting anything, just trying to drive the discussion.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the discussion I'm engaging in. I think they can get the the franchise tackle and Nix, but may need to play a bit to be sure (trade back a couple in 1 so they can trade up before round 2. Again, I'm not projecting anything, just trying to drive the discussion.
I am not sure you could trade back anymore than 4 spots to six and still land of the best LTs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f you take a LT and only two would be top 10 picks, I do feel Nix would be there round 2.
These are the top 5 OT available according to Walters:

• T OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, PENN STATE.
  • T JOE ALT, NOTRE DAME.
  • T TALIESE FUAGA, OREGON STATE.
  • T JC LATHAM, ALABAMA.
  • T AMARIUS MIMS, GEORGIA.
If I'm not mistaken, Fashanu and Alt are LT and the others are RT.

Let's assume that the Patriots trade out with the Commanders and get #7 AND #39 and #40

Do you believe that Williams, Maye, Daniel, Penix and Nix will still be around at #34? I don't.

You have to consider the other teams looking for a QB. There are teams that have an injured QB who also have to consider taking a top notch QB to take that QB's place if his injury has even partially wrecked him. Brown, Saints, Bears, Vikes, Panthers, Falcons, Bucs and others will certainly be looking at who's available. I think all five of the above QBs will be gone long before the second round starts.

If Williams and or Maye are available and the Patriots keep the #2, would you rather they grab one of them and hope to find a serviceable OT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? Isn't doing that putting the new kid into the exact same position that Mac and Zappe are in right now?