• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not going to call them contenders...but you simply cant compare them to western Carolina, Georgia st, Colorado st. BC is down right now but they have been good before. they played eventual national champion florida st tough.

like it or not you guys have built in wins regardless of the quality of your team...if usc makes few mistakes fresno or BC could be in the game. that's not happening vs a fcs team. or southern miss or FIU.

But you guys keep bringing in teams to compare that i will simply not defend and i keep stating that. i will post it in bold so the moron on here who cannot see well can possibly see it this time.

No Alabama fan has control over the schedule. You simply cannot nor will I defend what i cannot control

Now is that plain enough to read. I keep getting things thrown at me that i said, which i didnt. Then i get told i am comparing teams to ones we played, when I didnt. I made my statement about two teams that I feel are not top notch competition. i have my opinion on the matter and i even used deductive reasoning and proof to explain why i thought they were fluff based off another posters argument, using his comment for the times i based my comment on. Seems logical a 6 loss and 5 loss team are not world beaters, so they fall in my fluff category as they are not all that good. s that so hard to see how i arrive at my opinion on both teams in the context of this argument?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other Crappy Conferences?:scratch:

You missed the one Mamba and i decided on, Obvious Championship Contests and since it falls in the criteria of three times in the last 10 years for Bama, we went with that one:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. Silly me. You have no friends and no one even remotely friendly to you up here. It's all attacks and vitriol. The rest of us have no idea what you go through and how hard it is to follow a team that wins titles nearly every year and all of the jealously of other fans that come with it. Heavy is the burden you must carry you poor poor man.

You think your 1 post is not a big deal, and it's not by itself. But when it comes at the end of pages full of hate, it's not just the 1 post by itself. It's just tacked on top of it.

Besides, the only thing that actually pissed me off was Mamba and being told I didn't care about things because I was never able to attend games. I don't give a damn what any of you say, that shit was 100% personal.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think a good bit of Alabama posters quit posting here for the most part. Sometimes catch them on the team boards. They got tired of it months ago.

I seem to deal with the heat on a daily basis. You guys like to think I'm upset in general when I'm not.

I did get upset and I told Mamba to go fuck himself because he claimed I didn't care about the game and such because I was too poor to attend Alabama games. Somehow that "wasn't personal" and I'm at fault for taking it that way.

If this site if running off Bammers then tell Hammer to setup a paypal account I'm going to make a nice donation.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this site if running off Bammers then tell Hammer to setup a paypal account I'm going to make a nice donation.

He won't take donations, tried to get him to do that for other reasons.

I'm hoping they come back for the season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem though. You play all three fluff teams in a row to start the year and Bama just spreads them out. We each play three fluff teams most years. We start conference play either the second or third game of the year, so how we end up playing our fluff is on us and really damages our chances having a fluff team with no ability to raise or SoS at the end of the year. By then we are all in or all out by game 11 with a chance to redeem ourselves if we have not lost and dont lose to Aubie. By then it really does us more harm to play that nobody than it does us good.

My evidence it can come back to bite you, Florida versus Georgia southern last year. Florida simply did not show up and that can beat any team looking ahead. so is it easier to play a lower tier team at the beginning of the year while the players are fully focused and not beat down from a long year or at the end when they are nagging with injuries and wanting it all to be over?

"focus is a big killer of dreams" - every undefeated team who ever lost a game in November

Are you sure of this? I mean absolutely positive?

I only ask because:

We start the season:

8/30 - Fresno St.
9/6 - @Stanford
9/13 - @Boston College

We end the season

11/22 - @UCLA
11/29 - Notre Dame

Alabama starts the season:

8/30 - West Virginia (in Atlanta)
9/6 - Florida Atlantic
9/13 - Southern Miss

Alabama ends the season:

11/22 - Western Carolina
11/29 - Auburn

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I only ask because:

We start the season:

8/30 - Fresno St.
9/6 - @Stanford
9/13 - @Boston College

We end the season

11/22 - @UCLA
11/29 - Notre Dame

9/6 - Florida Atlantic
9/13 - Southern Miss

Alabama ends the season:

11/22 - Western Carolina
11/29 - Auburn

In general he is right, even if there are exceptions.

Alabama schedule last year and this coming year isn't very good. But that just started in the past 2 years, it was much higher quality for the years prior to that. Some of that is due to the SEC losing strength last year, but some of that is playing teams ranked in the 80-100's rather than in the 40's-50's as well as getting teams like WVU who aren't as good as they were a few years ago.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you say your team lost to teams considered to be "fluff" in lousiana Monroe, Utah, and Hawaii?

Yes, absolutely on two counts i would. ofcourse the year Bama lost to Hawaii, they were actually the better fluff in the game, Bama won 4 games that year. LMU beat a team decimated by suspensions due to a school book scandal in Saban's first year, so again, not a whole team, but still no excuse, we should have beat both.

To lose to Utah in that game, while embarrassing for Tide fans has been a godsend of sorts. That started the turn around of not letting our guard down and winning titles. The run Bama has been on since them is around a 90% win rate and that game gets brought up alot by Saban and staff. And to lose to an undefeated team bears no real shame after all does it? Many would like for it to, but they would have lost to that team as well, that was a pretty damn good team, just ask anyone on their schedule that year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think your 1 post is not a big deal, and it's not by itself. But when it comes at the end of pages full of hate, it's not just the 1 post by itself. It's just tacked on top of it.

Besides, the only thing that actually pissed me off was Mamba and being told I didn't care about things because I was never able to attend games. I don't give a damn what any of you say, that shit was 100% personal.

Look, I'm going to take it easy this time.

Everyone has days where shit gets old and they aren't in the mood to deal with it. Most of us just get away from the site and come back after we are in a better mood.

Stuff does get personal at times and yet it is still nothing more than pixels on a monitor. That's all it is. You don't have to live with these people, or work with them, and you won't bump into them at a grocery store. You choose to be here.

Now, most of us have enjoyed some of your posts over this last year and when we are in the mood for a real discussion you are a welcome participant, but we also like picking on your weaknesses because that's what guys do to their friends.

Used to have a guy that hung with our group that was always negative and we always gave him a ration of shit for it and made fun of it hoping he would pull his head out of his ass and get a clue.

And I'll finish with....

lighten-up-francis-o.gif

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you guys keep bringing in teams to compare that i will simply not defend and i keep stating that. i will post it in bold so the moron on here who cannot see well can possibly see it this time.

No Alabama fan has control over the schedule. You simply cannot nor will I defend what i cannot control

Now is that plain enough to read. I keep getting things thrown at me that i said, which i didnt. Then i get told i am comparing teams to ones we played, when I didnt. I made my statement about two teams that I feel are not top notch competition. i have my opinion on the matter and i even used deductive reasoning and proof to explain why i thought they were fluff based off another posters argument, using his comment for the times i based my comment on. Seems logical a 6 loss and 5 loss team are not world beaters, so they fall in my fluff category as they are not all that good. s that so hard to see how i arrive at my opinion on both teams in the context of this argument?

Georgia lost 5 games are they fluff?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I only ask because:

We start the season:

8/30 - Fresno St.
9/6 - @Stanford
9/13 - @Boston College

We end the season

11/22 - @UCLA
11/29 - Notre Dame

9/6 - Florida Atlantic
9/13 - Southern Miss

Alabama ends the season:

11/22 - Western Carolina
11/29 - Auburn

Should have said most teams. We usually start our conference play in week 2 or 3. We spread ours out over the course of the year to get a rest as the season is long, especially on smash mouth teams like Bama. Saban doesnt have a lot of say in who and when we play the teams either although he did get CSU, on the schedule for McElwain to judge his teams ability against better competition and to get that big payday for their program so they can build the facilities and try to move the program in the right direction. i see no harm in playing a team like that if the coach is an ex-coach and he asks for a game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia lost 5 games are they fluff?

No but Richt has marsh mallow fluff in his head with that much talent an no ability to be any better.

And no i dont call USC fluff for losing 5 games a year or so back, i just wrote it off to playing better competition with a handicap for a coach, who we now employ:L:gaah::gaah::gaah::scratch:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all that means what exactly? That because a team can put a scare into you they are good somehow. Lets not forget that the Fresno team that put a scare into you lost to Oregon, Louisiana Tech and two other teams enroute to a five loss year. Doesnt that possibly say something about USC letting their guard down or being overrated more than Fresno being a stellar team that year. Same with Florida State against Boston College, they had been reading their press clippings. BC lost 6 games last year and the ones they did win were almost all very high scoring, down to the wire games. Not like either team was a world beater in the situation you are speaking on.

I have not brought another team into this other than Stanford and wont since i not any fan controls the schedule. Cant defend what you dont control, now can you?

Say what you want. Try and spin it any way you want. The knowledgeable college football fan knows Playing Fresno State and Boston College in home and homes is waaaay different than playing Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina only at home.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but Richt has marsh mallow fluff in his head with that much talent an no ability to be any better.

And no i dont call USC fluff for losing 5 games a year or so back, i just wrote it off to playing better competition with a handicap for a coach, who we now employ:L:gaah::gaah::gaah::scratch:

hey I just saw on espn nick saban saying how great a coach lane kiffin is. that holds weight lol