• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about people claiming Alabama plays a weak schedule.

I wish we could do more home and homes to enhance the fan experience. But you also get a greater variety by playing at a neutral site. I'm almost positive we cut the Michigan State and Georgia Tech home and homes to make room for the upcoming Playoffs. Instead of playing 2 good teams in a 4 year span, with a neutral site game we can play 4 good teams in 4 years, and add variety, while also adjusting to the cyclical native of college football.

Yes, I want to see Alabama play home and homes, but my God, to say Alabama is pussying out by making it a neutral site game is ludicrous. Alabama wants to play other good teams. Right now, we are lined up with Wisconsin and USC. Who knows what other games are in the future.

in comparison usc will play notre dame that same season they play Alabama...who will Alabama additionally play in non conference play that year? western Carolina? Colorado st?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bragging about certain players. Bothe will get more and will probably lose a couple but the average will stay high for both teams I can assure you.

I agree, thats why I feel that its all subjective as to the service you abide by. They all rank their respective players differently for the most part, but getting 19 - 25 decent players should make any team better if the coaching staff is decent.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in comparison usc will play notre dame that same season they play Alabama...who will Alabama additionally play in non conference play that year? western Carolina? Colorado st?

i'm thinking Savannah state and maybe University of Phoenix, i hear they are getting a team soon that will be comprised of all online players.:nod:

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we run this shit. The entire reason the new playoff trophy is so slender and small is to make room for it in our overflowing trophy case. We requested the golden vagina because that's what we do, shove footballs in your vagina. It's a national conspiracy to make Alabama the National Champions consisting of 100's of sports writers and even the coaches themselves are in on it.

You think we are going to travel to your shitty school? Yeah right.

what you really mean is. Alabama doesn't want to play a non conference game that would be at a disadvantage...meaning travel very far...not have 40,000 of their own fans....road crowd noise. I question if over the years Alabama has one some of these championships had they been making trips on actual non conference road games if they would have made it to the championship game...it funny but half of alabamas winning championships isn't done on field its done in the AD office setting up schedule to make it LIKELY to make title game...

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on the type friends then. None of mine talk about the rankings, but we will speak about individual players that have committed and decide if that was a good pickup or not. Recruit rankings are different on every service, kinda like 247 has Bama with a 94.01 average versus USC's 92.10. Thats why i asked what service he was going by as they are all different. What isnt different right now is Bama in all the services with a number one ranking, but thats based on star power and having 19 recruits so far committed for next year. Saban draws recruits like a flame draws moths.
Come on now. it's not like the Bama fans in Dothan are different than everywhere else. But I get your point.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play Notre Dame every year, which is basically just a conference game without the conference label.

2014: Fresno St or Boston College
2013: Hawaii, Utah St or Boston College
2012: Hawaii or Syracuse
2011: Minnesota and Syracuse.
2010: Hawaii, Virgina, Minnesota.

In 2009 they played Ohio St. Good game there.

Outside Ohio St, if playing those games is supposed to be special, we'll you're even dumber than I thought you were.

ill admit last few years usc has had the fresno st and Hawaii type of schedule...those teams are much better than western Carolina and Georgia st type of teams will ever be. they have in last 10 year played tougher teams in non conference than Alabama....list goes auburn, Nebraska, Arkansas, Virginia tech, ohio st, many of those were home and home so that's about 8 years worth....they had texas a&m scheduled but they bailed...still have texas after you guys the following year...and all this without might as well be by week games against sun belt teams and fbs schools

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you really mean is. Alabama doesn't want to play a non conference game that would be at a disadvantage...meaning travel very far...not have 40,000 of their own fans....road crowd noise. I question if over the years Alabama has one some of these championships had they been making trips on actual non conference road games if they would have made it to the championship game...it funny but half of alabamas winning championships isn't done on field its done in the AD office setting up schedule to make it LIKELY to make title game...

Right, the field office of the SEC called down to Miami and asked all the fans to start hating Saban so he would want to leave, then they negotiated a big money contract without Alabama's knowledge and told Saban that if he would come to Bama they would set up the schedule so they didnt have to play road games and he could win titles every year that he had the strongest team in the nation and defeated the number one team in the BCS championship game. Yeah, i saw the plans for that as they were drawing it up and i thought it was a good idea when i saw it.:L

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just tough for USC too because they only get three OOC games.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now. it's not like the Bama fans in Dothan are different than everywhere else. But I get your point.

I wasnt really referring to that per se, but I dont hang out with a big group of non-alumni people most of the time. Most of my Bama or Non-Bama friends are all alumni of either Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, LSU and there is one Vol Fan but he comes down from Tennessee most of the time to hang with us on game weekends when he can. The non-alumni fans i deal with are in companies i go to and work around, and i party with them sometimes on game weekends. I invited a bunch down one weekend a few years back and we hung out on the lake and watched the game on a friends houseboat. Just sayin, it depends on the depth of their commitment. Most alums like the kids coming in, but recruiting rankings dont mean shit to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us take a gander at a quick comparison of teams on USC's schedule and Alabama's schedule for 2014:

This is not looking necessarily at the quality of the team, but the home field advantage one would supposedly have if the entire schedule was turned into road games.

@LSU>@Stanford
@Auburn>@Utah
@Florida>@UCLA
@Texas A&M>@Washington State
@Tennessee>@Oregon State
@Ole Miss>@Arizona
@Mississippi State>@Arizona State
@Arkansas>@Colorado
--------------@California
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
@Notre Dame=@West Virginia
@Fresno State>@Southern Miss
@Boston College>@Florida Atlantic
@Western Carolina----------------

The sad part is you have us beat NonCon(let's be honest, that's not saying much)

But in conference is a whole different animal. The amount of pure intimidation in SEC stadiums outnumbers all other conferences. Palo Alto is not Death Valley. Rice Eccles is tough, but Jordan Hare is tougher. Gainesville, College Station, and Neyland put the Rose Bowl, Corvallis, and Pullman to shame. The only 2 stadiums worth mentioning with SEC teams are Autzen and Husky Stadium. Rice Eccles has respect, but it's nothing close to other SEC stadiums. He'll, I haven't even brought up Bryant Denny, Williams Brice, or Sanford. Even Fayetteville is loud. Cowbells, the Grove. We face intimidating road crowds every year IN CONFERENCE.

Hell, if you wanna play Alabama, play them. But you need to know what you're getting into. We are the big dawgs. We call the shots.

lmao this couldn't be any more full of sec bias...

lsu= Stanford. that's a toss up really...Stanford wouldn't lose by more than 10 points vs LSU. and would win at home.

auburn>Utah ill give you that one. although I think auburn declines after last year.

florida< UCLA its not even close...florida was garbage last season. UCLA currently would beat florida by 21 points.

texas a&m > Washington st. possibly but breaking in a new qb and losing several key starters to the nfl...lets not forget wash st. went into auburn and lost my a mere 7 points....and that was supposedly the sec best team.

Oregon st> Tennessee.. lets see in a common opponent...Oregon st lost to Oregon by a point on the road....Tennessee got destroyed...Oregon st vs Tennessee would be a close game but Oregon st would pull it out.

ole miss < Arizona....they just aren't equal. Arizona would easily beat them.

miss st< Arizona st...this one isn't even close...miss st wouldn't win 3 games in the pac 12..

Arkansas= Colorado, cal....its a toss up really. I give the nod to the pac 12 teams over them.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao this couldn't be any more full of sec bias...

lsu= Stanford. that's a toss up really...Stanford wouldn't lose by more than 10 points vs LSU. and would win at home.

auburn>Utah ill give you that one. although I think auburn declines after last year.

florida< UCLA its not even close...florida was garbage last season. UCLA currently would beat florida by 21 points.

texas a&m > Washington st. possibly but breaking in a new qb and losing several key starters to the nfl...lets not forget wash st. went into auburn and lost my a mere 7 points....and that was supposedly the sec best team.

Oregon st> Tennessee.. lets see in a common opponent...Oregon st lost to Oregon by a point on the road....Tennessee got destroyed...Oregon st vs Tennessee would be a close game but Oregon st would pull it out.

ole miss < Arizona....they just aren't equal. Arizona would easily beat them.

miss st< Arizona st...this one isn't even close...miss st wouldn't win 3 games in the pac 12..

Arkansas= Colorado, cal....its a toss up really. I give the nod to the pac 12 teams over them.

So you're basing this on last year and not this years projections. Or should we base in on historically, or maybe who has the better uniform colors. Its all subject to personal bias and opinion and cannot be accurately measured without presently playing head to head. So why attempt it? "On any given day..." is how the saying goes isnt it?

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're basing this on last year and not this years projections. Or should we base in on historically, or maybe who has the better uniform colors. Its all subject to personal bias and opinion and cannot be accurately measured without presently playing head to head. So why attempt it? "On any given day..." is how the saying goes isnt it?

Im basing it on whats likely. its the same old stuff with you sec guys. deep down your not kidding you truly believe the bottom 3 teams in the sec would challenge the pac 12 for the conference. you attempted it...im just simply redirecting your insane bias

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im basing it on whats likely. its the same old stuff with you sec guys. deep down your not kidding you truly believe the bottom 3 teams in the sec would challenge the pac 12 for the conference. you attempted it...im just simply redirecting your insane bias

I did? link?

As i stated, its all based on personal bullshit biases and cannot be accurately measured based on current teams on the field this year, not one has played a single game. You or anyone trying to make a blod statement like that comes off as so much puffery and wang measuring, but not based in reality or solid proof. I'll be waiting on the link to my attempt.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be on page 1 for 2 years, isn't it?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense an epic set of avatar bets coming for this one.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be on page 1 for 2 years, isn't it?

Nah, there have been worse arguments that Bama was involved in, they eventually pass. Its always fun to incite the masses and watch the fun. Socaljim is especially fun to incite as his arguments are always hate filled and opinion based. Never brings real facts and if he manages to find one, its been debunked numerous times.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did? link?

As i stated, its all based on personal bullshit biases and cannot be accurately measured based on current teams on the field this year, not one has played a single game. You or anyone trying to make a blod statement like that comes off as so much puffery and wang measuring, but not based in reality or solid proof. I'll be waiting on the link to my attempt.

your ATTEMPT in my eyes is when you compared schedules and gave the nod to almost every sec team. so yes when you listed team after team pointing your little arrow to your own conference...that was the attempt you made. I don't have any bias...im being realistic. honest question. help me decifer your bias. would you agree or disagree that western Carolina Georgia st. are on the same playing field of Hawaii, fresno st those type of teams...and that when Alabama plays them its the same caliber of completion...wait didn't Hawaii beat you guys one year...maybe that's why you belive the way you do...lmao

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense an epic set of avatar bets coming for this one.

I got one. a killer one. game is 2 years from now. loser of the bet has to use the opponents school avatar for that same period 2 years. any takers?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your ATTEMPT in my eyes is when you compared schedules and gave the nod to almost every sec team. so yes when you listed team after team pointing your little arrow to your own conference...that was the attempt you made. I don't have any bias...im being realistic. honest question. help me decifer your bias. would you agree or disagree that western Carolina Georgia st. are on the same playing field of Hawaii, fresno st those type of teams...and that when Alabama plays them its the same caliber of completion...wait didn't Hawaii beat you guys one year...maybe that's why you belive the way you do...lmao

Maybe you should check the posts to see who posted what, I dont recall ever comparing any team to any other and certainly would not go line item by line item like that. Thanks for getting me and another poster mixed up, i think all you PAC fans look alike too:L

Again, its all biased bullshit and cannot be accurately measured with the present teams that will take the field. I am bolding this so it will hopefully sink in this time if you read it one more time(although i am not holding out hope, seems you might be thick headed)

Still waiting on that link to MY post.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should check the posts to see who posted what, I dont recall ever comparing any team to any other and certainly would not go line item by line item like that. Thanks for getting me and another poster mixed up, i think all you PAC fans look alike too:L

Again, its all biased bullshit and cannot be accurately measured with the present teams that will take the field. I am bolding this so it will hopefully sink in this time if you read it one more time(although i am not holding out hope, seems you might be thick headed)

Still waiting on that link to MY post.

my apologies. you quickly defended it I assumed was your post.

but again I don't have a bias in this...yeah maybe it cant be ACCURATELY measured...but some of SABANATORS picks were just ridiculous. you wont find many people across country to put florida on same level as ucla or west Virginia = to notre dame. not all of us are conference riders.