• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh-oh HaroldSeattle!!!!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would add this is something I like about this FO....they will not care what irrational, emotional fans think and will not make this decision off of their own emotions either. IMO it will be about what gives us the best chance to win games.
The FO caused this issue.

They now are forced to take whatever they can get. Even if it's a bag of kicking tees and some Icy Hot for their bruised ego.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the defense sucked.

You lied.

You were wrong AGAIN.

No more no less Spinner
the defense did suck. Below avg. in points allowed. Not sure how this has anything to do with you claiming I said defense doesn't matter. Again, goal posts are heavy so make sure you have help....and lift with the legs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Baker is toxic, I'm saying the situation the BROWNS put together is toxic.
Based on what? Because they tried to bring in a top tier QB they thought was better than the one they had (who many teams were after)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the Browns front office said they wanted an adult at QB (or however they said it) I was like. Yep. He aint ever playing for them again.
I decided to think for myself instead of just going with what the media wanted us to think.

Our FO is not going to rip a player who is still on the team AND who they want to trade. what purpose does that serve? Since no one ever said who made the comment or why it was made (what were they asked to make that comment?) it's more likely they were asked if they'd play a rookie at QB and that was the answer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhh, some Brown fans here believe this is the new and improved FO.

Got to love this forum.
Hmm...let's see. They went from 17-62 in the previous 5 seasons to 19-14 in their 2 seasons with a playoff win. Also a number of pretty bad picks in the early rounds of the draft those 5 seasons. So far I cannot think of a bad pick this regime made.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO caused this issue.

They now are forced to take whatever they can get. Even if it's a bag of kicking tees and some Icy Hot for their bruised ego.
I'd say the previous FO caused this issue as they were the ones who passed on Allen. If you think Baker is not any good what should they have done? Held onto him when a top tier QB came available who many other teams wanted?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's that?
1) Had to give too much to trade for him
2) Paid Watson more then was prudent
3) Guaranteed to much ( this was a big risk)
4) alienated the QB they used the 5th year option on
5) Traded for a player who didn't even play last year and may not play this year
6) Took on a player with issues that likely will continue to have issues

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on how they FUCKED up the whole situation.
Picked up 5th year option on Baker.

Then turn around and call Baker a child while dating Watson.

Giving Watson too much guaranteed money.

Thinking they'd get a kings ransom for Baker.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Had to give too much to trade for him
2) Paid Watson more then was prudent
3) Guaranteed to much ( this was a big risk)
4) alienated the QB they used the 5th year option on
5) Traded for a player who didn't even play last year and may not play this year
6) Took on a player with issues that likely will continue to have issues
I mean, every team who made an offer had to make one that Houston would accept before even meeting with Watson. I can agree, the contract was a surprise and where we are now seems a little much though seems like 1-3 are pretty much the same thing.

4-6 are not close to a major fuck up as should they have not made the deal because the current QB might not like it? Even though he didn't play last year AND had all these issues he still had a number of suitors. without all the issues he'd have had more so seems like not playing was irrelevant. Latter part of 6 is just a guess by you.

In all that you really have one potential screw up....and that's only a screw up if he doesn't play and/or does not play well. Even if he misses a full season if the Browns get roughly half a decade of top tier QB play the deal is a win.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked up 5th year option on Baker.

Then turn around and call Baker a child while dating Watson.

Giving Watson too much guaranteed money.

Thinking they'd get a kings ransom for Baker.
Should they have let Baker walk after year 4 based on what he did in year 3? .....You can only guess they called Baker a child. .......agreed maybe too much for watson (but wont matter if he plays well)........you don't know they thought they'd get a kings' ransom for baker.

you batted .250 there. In today's MLB, at least that isn't too bad.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, every team who made an offer had to make one that Houston would accept before even meeting with Watson. I can agree, the contract was a surprise and where we are now seems a little much though seems like 1-3 are pretty much the same thing.

4-6 are not close to a major fuck up as should they have not made the deal because the current QB might not like it? Even though he didn't play last year AND had all these issues he still had a number of suitors. without all the issues he'd have had more so seems like not playing was irrelevant. Latter part of 6 is just a guess by you.

In all that you really have one potential screw up....and that's only a screw up if he doesn't play and/or does not play well. Even if he misses a full season if the Browns get roughly half a decade of top tier QB play the deal is a win.
Decimated their premium draft capitol for a few years, tapped out their cap space for 2023 and 2024. So Browns have limited means to improve the roster for a couple years and one wonders how motivated Watson will be with all that money guaranteed, will he play well, will he stay healthy, will he get in further trouble, will he remain happy? Will he seek help for his issues?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decimated their premium draft capitol for a few years, tapped out their cap space for 2023 and 2024. So Browns have limited means to improve the roster for a couple years and one wonders how motivated Watson will be with all that money guaranteed, will he play well, will he stay healthy, will he get in further trouble, will he remain happy? Will he seek help for his issues?
These are all good points....but they are all maybes. Well, they did hurt their draft capital. The cap? First, they are likely going all in for those few seasons but the cap is also set to explode, some say every year for a while.

As to my first comment, maybe this will motivate him to play well, will be happy, wont get in further trouble and the time off saved wear and tear on his body?

I do hope he seeks help for his issues no matter what happens as he needs it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However the Browns need all of them to break their way and that's unlikely.
They need Watson to come back and play like he did in Houston in 2020. Not that farfetched he could....but, sure, it's far from a lock this trade works out (and I never thought it was).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I decided to think for myself instead of just going with what the media wanted us to think.

Our FO is not going to rip a player who is still on the team AND who they want to trade. what purpose does that serve? Since no one ever said who made the comment or why it was made (what were they asked to make that comment?) it's more likely they were asked if they'd play a rookie at QB and that was the answer.
so now it didn't come from the front office? That's your retort?

Here's some more from a player (allegedly)
Per 92.3 The Fan, Browns defensive back John Johnson III discussed Mayfield's departure as a near foregone conclusion.

"It's just a business. I think we all understand that," Johnson said. We've got three quarterbacks now.
We are mentally prepared for him to not be here."